Club Statement.

orclsznsfvy61.png

Good statement from the club.
Sturgeon, How do you like our redacted statements?B-D

Whilst I agree that it's a decent statement I think the Club and the Police could have done more by interacting with the fan groups. This is a fanbase that took 250,000 to Manchester. They will not, and should not be expected to stay at home and celebrate. However alternatives to the march could have been proposed. For example a fan zone could have been set up in Bellahouston Park and the fans could have had a short march to there from the Stadium. Marching into the City Centre on a Saturday afternoon will result in carnage. Keeping it localised in a park keeps it within our own community and reduces risk and inconvenience to the general public. Just an idea.

Whilst I agree that it's a decent statement I think the Club and the Police could have done more by interacting with the fan groups. This is a fanbase that took 250,000 to Manchester. They will not, and should not be expected to stay at home and celebrate. However alternatives to the march could have been proposed. For example a fan zone could have been set up in Bellahouston Park and the fans could have had a short march to there from the Stadium. Marching into the City Centre on a Saturday afternoon will result in carnage. Keeping it localised in a park keeps it within our own community and reduces risk and inconvenience to the general public. Just an idea.
Absolutely nailed it.

I’m expecting any fallout from this to be regarding nuisance behaviour/damage rather than the celebration itself.

Spot on, by god I love my club.

Now what Humza, ya useless imbecile. Wheres your get out clause now when large gatherings do take place? Cant blame the Gers for lack of comms this time. Forward thinking not in your vocabulary when it comes to us. If on the other hand it was your beloved. You would be suggesting open areas to gather as the inevitable crowd gathering takes place.

Saturday has carnage written all over it, the police will handle it very differently to how they did in March, they got a lot of criticism for not wading into Rangers fans, this will see a very approach on Saturday sadly....

Saturday has carnage written all over it, the police will handle it very differently to how they did in March, they got a lot of criticism for not wading into Rangers fans, this will see a very approach on Saturday sadly....
No they wont. Theres going to be tens of thousands of Rangers fans in the town. Police Scotland didnt have the resources to get waded into the crowd the last time nevermind this time. If they did not only would they be overwhelmed the city would have a proper riot on its hands unlike the guff spouted last time

So family can stay in their bubble and celebrate...happy days, the Rangers Family is huge...that's gonna be a big ass bubble :))

What should and what will happen are two entirely different things and we know what angle they're coming from.Rangers have covered their bases by issuing a statement,the council and polis should/should've come up with an alternative but they won't,they want trouble so they can apportion blame. Sit back and watch all the back slapping from Sunday's demo compared to ours on Saturday.

No they wont. Theres going to be tens of thousands of Rangers fans in the town. Police Scotland didnt have the resources to get waded into the crowd the last time nevermind this time. If they did not only would they be overwhelmed the city would have a proper riot on its hands unlike the guff spouted last time

And this is exactly what I mean by it will be carnage, If you think the police are not preparing behind the scenes then not much I can add

"The city would have a proper riot on its hands" - Yip that's exactly what we want the scenes to be after collecting our 55th title

Of course it understandable fans want to meet up but anyone who genuinely believes they are going along on Saturday and the police are not going to be heavy handed is kidding themselves on I'm afraid, it will be our image that suffers again but hey ho...

What should and what will happen are two entirely different things and we know what angle they're coming from.Rangers have covered their bases by issuing a statement,the council and polis should/should've come up with an alternative but they won't,they want trouble so they can apportion blame. Sit back and watch all the back slapping from Sunday's demo compared to ours on Saturday.
Agreed. Authorities have known since March what was going to happen and have made no effort to accommodate or compromise.

And this is exactly what I mean by it will be carnage, If you think the police are not preparing behind the scenes then not much I can add

"The city would have a proper riot on its hands" - Yip that's exactly what we want the scenes to be after collecting our 55th title

Of course it understandable fans want to meet up but anyone who genuinely believes they are going along on Saturday and the police are not going to be heavy handed is kidding themselves on I'm afraid, it will be our image that suffers again but hey ho...
Preparing for what? Do you think theyre drafting in a bunch of Robocops from the continent ready for a rammy like? Theyll stand back and do %^*& all and try and direct us into the concentrated areas in and around George Square.

The only person kidding themselves on here is you mate, it would be suicidal for the police to be heavy handed on saturday

Preparing for what? Do you think theyre drafting in a bunch of Robocops from the continent ready for a rammy like? Theyll stand back and do %^*& all and try and direct us into the concentrated areas in and around George Square.

The only person kidding themselves on here is you mate, it would be suicidal for the police to be heavy handed on saturday

No worries

Don't be daft

You are correct. The polis will be preparing. If they are preparing for confrontation they will get it. If they are preparing to manage a party then they'll all get paid overtime to watch us sing and dance.
It's up to them.

Not the clubs responsibility. Agree that PS and GCC should have interacted with fan groups and an area set up as you suggest. Whilst George Sq is symbolic etc it isnt big enough for the numbers amd an area in Bellahouston Park would have been acceptable. All bears partying together and the city centre left to shoppers. However they havent so phuck them

Official line from Ibrox: "Stay Away" ;)

Just got an email from Rangers saying the Rangers store at Ibrox has extended hours on Saturday from 8am-6pm.
Why, if nobody will be there B-D

Baldy wank McLaughlin talking about Rangers statement on BBC teatime news mentions that it stops short of telling the fans to stay at home.
Did I miss something, did Douglas Park and the board win the elections the other week?
Not even wee Nipoleon is telling Scots to stay at home this weekend, so where McLaughlin thinks our club has the authority to do so is beyond me.
Notice he also manage to regurgitate the pish from the Rangers 55th Championship winning weekend. Just ignore the lying from the Scottish Govt you joke of a journalist.

Can’t wait. Have a ball Bears. Don’t take their bait and give them what they want. We’ve all been through hell with what happened, lost fellow Bears during it too.
Know lots that are now going due to Nippy etc that were not. Some turnout coming up on Saturday. Let’s have a happy day and memorable party. WATP.

Back