Club Vaccine Passport Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an NHS sunflower exempt photo you can get on your phone. That states in accordance with equality act a business can't demand to know why your medically exempt.

Aye I'm sure that's for masks though.

Unless you have a letter from your doctor saying you are exempt from the vaccine then you've no chance, they've made it clear.

Where does this all sit from an information governance perspective? The public are being asked to show private medical information whether they have been vaccinated or are exempt.
Firstly you don't need to go to Ibrox but if you do then under the legislation you have to prove you are double vaccinated therefore that part is covered. They have stated the app doesn't store information so it's not a data protection issue.

You can choose not to show your information but the consequences of that are that they won't let you in

There's an NHS sunflower exempt photo you can get on your phone. That states in accordance with equality act a business can't demand to know why your medically exempt.
Rangers are saying essentially from that statement that that won’t be valid.

It’s papers or GTFO.

Nobody is being asked to show medical records. It's a proof of vaccination.
Been coming for weeks, so I made sure I got mine despite spending several hours on the phone and Internet.
Much rather be watching my team than worrying about a perceived loss of freedom or causing an innocent steward any grief.
I just hope that innocent steward is Covid free, when the exchanges start.

Just saying.

Aye I'm sure that's for masks though.

Unless you have a letter from your doctor saying you are exempt from the vaccine then you've no chance, they've made it clear.
It say vaccine pass exempt on it.
I am double jabbed but don't think anyone should be refused access over this .

@Greg Marshall

is there a contingency plan if there’s thousands locked out the ground by the time kickoff is approaching?

This has got a nightmare written all over it.
Pre-ops is tomorrow where we discuss.

it’s fair to say is not likely to be 100% checks as it’s acknowledged that this won’t be possible but this is also not something that the club can just pay lip service to as the club are legally obliged to take all reasonable action.

if anyone disagrees with the implementation of this then please contact your local MSP and have your voice heard.

It’s not double vaxxed by the way. It’s fully vaccinated. It’s the same vaccine in two stages. You aren’t “double vaccinated “. You’ve only had one vaccine.

You would think some of the “experts “ would get it right .

Vaccine passports are still very much on the government’s agenda, I think they’re just wanting to avoid a row before the party conference. It also looks like they’re trying to sidestep a parliamentary vote on it - because they’ll lose one.
Full corporate takeover of the people

Last edited:

it’s fair to say is not likely to be 100% checks as it’s acknowledged that this won’t be possible but this is also not something that the club can just pay lip service to as the club are legally obliged to take all reasonable action.

if anyone disagrees with the implementation of this then please contact your local MSP and have your voice heard.
Greg, will proof of id also be required along with the vaccine passport.

And if you don't live in Scotland.......

Looks like my day tomorrow is now sorted.

Spending 4 hours online trying to figure out how to download my passport.
takes 2 minutes

Request a copy by phone​

You can also get a copy of your vaccine status by phoning the COVID-19 Status Helpline on 0808 196 8565.

The helpline is open every day from 10.00am to 6.00pm.

You should only request your vaccination status over the phone if you're unable to download a PDF version.

I hope neither party has Covid, nor catches it. Particularly anyone who may be compromised in anyway.
Agree and that's why you can't have one rule for one and another for someone else who will be in close proximity.

Last edited:
From the Clubs statement today (if you are elsewhere in the UK at least):

"Visitors from all parts of the UK will be able to use their existing vaccine certificates."
Sorry VB, the point I had concerns with was this part.

''if anyone disagrees with the implementation of this then please contact your local MSP and have your voice heard''

Every option suggested by the club for exemptions is not available. Doctors don't issue letters. There's no government exemption available.

What do people who are exempt do?

Last edited:
Sorry VB, the point I had concerns with was this part.

''if anyone disagrees with the implementation of this then please contact your local MSP and have your voice heard''
Gathered that from @rangeral Lets be honest, writing to the MSPs, even if you lived in Scotland is going to make no difference anyway. Nicola’s clapping seals aren’t going to rebel against the party line. This is one for the SFA to be pushing. In reality, it will run its course for a month, maybe two, and get binned.

That hasn’t been indicated as yet. Will update if it’s an addition but at this time I don’t expect anything other than vaccine passport confirmation.
Dont know if this has been answered in the many pages on this , but... Double jabbed (Pfizer) in the USA, have CDC card as proof. Does that get me in? Planning on December trip.

Certainly hope so.
Sooner the better. In the meantime I’d suggest that those who have had two vaccinations bite the bullet and spend the few minutes it takes to get their passport. Why risk not getting in and all the concern that goes with that if you’ve travelled, potentially, a long way?

Absolutely TTB, a complete and utter, not shambles, but totally unacceptable situation.

Apart from the players and management, who are tested regularly, no one should be allowed into Ibrox on a match day now, unless they are double vaccinated under the forthcoming circumstances.

Some snotty wee kid if they have Covid could pass the virus onto an untold number of supporters during their shift, by wiping their nose or mouth even whilst wearing rubber gloves.

Stewards touching hand rails etc, could pass the virus on.

Directors fall into the above categories also.

Any scenario is open to debate.

Being double jabbed doesn't stop you getting Covid, so why are supporters being put at risk in this way.

A complete and utter f--- up of a situation, compounded by a Scottish government playing political games with central government at our expense.

It's a complete nonsense of a situation.
Well said spot on mate.

Every option suggested by the club for exemptions is not available. Doctors don't issue letters. There's no government exemption available.

What do people who are exempt do?

I'd imagine there's only a handful of people that would be exempt from the vaccine, how many of them are likely to be season ticket holders?

I'd imagine there's only a handful of people that would be exempt from the vaccine, how many of them are likely to be season ticket holders?
It matters not. On first glance it seems they have either given out wrong information or have forgotten about a section of the support. Perhaps there will be more information in the coming days

As I posted earlier, phoned the doctors and they said no such things exist despite Rangers saying this is what you would need.

Shambles.

Doctors can write letters about other things e.g. whether someone is fit to fly (not about covid):

So maybe they could write a letter about this.

It matters not. On first glance it seems they have either given out wrong information or have forgotten about a section of the support. Perhaps there will be more information in the coming days
The club has communicated the current guidance in relation to the imposed restrictions that we are being made to introduce.

Be funny when there’s only 50k people exempt in Scotland and 10k of them just happen to turn up to Ibrox on Sunday

@Greg Marshall my season ticket is under my middle name (long story with having an old Rangers number I couldn’t access). Still same second name.

Obviously my vaccine certificate is under my full name. Will this prove an issue. I can get it changed by the club but will be too late for sundays game.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back