Club Vaccine Passport Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
@47blue I contacted my MSP about vaccine passports and was told a negative lateral flow test (as opposed to a passport) could not be used to gain access to Ibrox after 1st October as it would “ undermine one of the policy aims of the scheme, which is to increase vaccine uptake”

Open your eyes mate. This policy is nothing to do with controlling the virus. It’s to bribe people into taking a vaccine.
My eyes and ears are wide open my friend. However you do have a point about gaining access with a negative test.

Because that’s what the science and government is telling us and I will listen to them no matter how stupid everything sounds.

You would think these people would take notice of the fact the politicians don’t follow the rules, allow important people in without isolating etc, caught not wearing masks constantly, no vaccine passports for them.
I can imagine you in 15th Century Europe, Galileo is telling you the world is round and orbits the sun, you're scoffing in his face and saying "I know who I'll believe, the Priests who talk to the Pope who gets guided by God, you crackpot".

The Science is the people's new religion. Blind faith, that is all.

Any Fan willing to go along with this 'stupidity' really needs to think of why this is being brought in? It is NOT law, this is not been a requirement coming out of a lock down yet now must have a passport to get you into watch football?

The club should be standing firm along with every applicable club in Scotland and asking serious questions - why why why?

There in lies the problem. Most just want to work, most just want to eat but the introduction of these 'passports' are meaning people are being forced to get 2 jabs that they don't want - simply to get on with life and that is NOT right.

Yes people want to watch Rangers but if majority comply with this then it'll become common place - need to say no as a whole as these passports are a road to a controlled way of living
Nobody is being 'forced' into anything. If you don't want the vaccine (over 80% have had both vaccines by the way) then that's up to you. You are in a small minority. Entirely your choice and good luck with that. If you want to make a stance then crack on. That's your personal choice.

Some on this thread are abusing fellow Bears simply because they don't feel as strongly about it. That's wrong. Most disagree with the passport policy. Most will go along with it for an easy life for the short spell it will be in place. Those who feel strongly enough against it will make their stance. All the forgoing is fine. 'Bullying' fellow fans is not. You might think its the dawn of '1984' but most will simply view it as Nippy doing her 'lets be different from the English' trick again. And like every other time she's tried it she will fall into line with the rest of the UK soon enough.

Considering the amount of people who want their second jab but can't get it yet in the time frame its a joke there's no leeway to be able to provide negative tests for the time being
As someone else mentioned, what happens when the inevitable booster jabs are forced into our arms will our “passport” not be valid until 2 weeks after it? Meaning no football for 2 weeks or will they just make up the rules to suit as usual.

Aye, good answer.
If you don't mind I will take the evidence of educated scientific and medical professionals.
I take it you won't be attending on Sunday?
So many of these 'experts' have been so wrong about so many things during this, it's scary how much control they've been given over our lives. The consequences of the tunnel vision approach to Covid, to the exclusion of everything else, is also now coming home to roost, with cancers and cardiovascular disease being undiagnosed or diagnosed too late. These diseases kill many hundreds in the UK every day of every month of every year. The obsession with Covid needs to end. It's here to stay and we need to live with it. The sooner people accept that fact and get on with life, the better.

No I'll be there and I'll be telling the steward I'm exempt.

If they ask for evidence, I'll be quoting the law of the land and telling them I'm not disclosing my medical records to anyone other than my doctor.

If you want to go back to normal, you need to stop complying with the absolute bull that is passing as public health policy.

Remember, your reward for complying with illogical rules and guidance is more illogical rules and guidance.
I really hope I am behind you when you go off on a law of the land rant at a steward who couldn't really give a toss

So many of these 'experts' have been so wrong about so many things during this, it's scary how much control they've been given over our lives. The consequences of the tunnel vision approach to Covid, to the exclusion of everything else, is also now coming home to roost, with cancers and cardiovascular disease being undiagnosed or diagnosed too late. These diseases kill many hundreds in the UK every day of every month of every year. The obsession with Covid needs to end. It's here to stay and we need to live with it. The sooner people accept that fact and get on with life, the better.
The millions who have suffered or died would give their right arm to have the vaccine or be educated enough to try and minimise the damage.
Uninted pun,sorry.

Cant stop folk doing lines at the kiosk counters, let alone folk getting into the ground. And why should they? Would you be willing to take a skelp off of some raged up semi functioning alcoholic when getting paid bare minimum wage working at a sport that you probably detest due to the same people?
I’m shocked at this. I thought the queues at the kiosks were down to the kids being a bit slow at serving, but they’re doing gear?

You’d think they’d be buzzing about serving 3 cunts at once.

Thread's a shambles now. Important information buried under a sea of utter diahorrea.
Would be better if we had a thread dedicated to HOW to get your Vaccine Passport and the mechanics of getting into Ibrox on Sunday and 'farmed out' all the discussion on the efficacy of vaccines, the looming '1984' control over the people :rolleyes: and the rights and wrongs of the introduction of vaccine passports to The Lounge. Where it belongs - and where its been discussed ad nauseum by the same 'noisy' posters for the last 18 months.

Vaccine that doesnt stop you catching or spreading it so once again. Please explain how a COVID passport controls the spread when half the folk in the stadium could actually have COVID?

I am not saying I agree with it, because I don't - I think we are at the point where these types of restrictions are fruitless.

What the Scottish Government will argue is that those now allowed to attend won't end up hospitalised in the event that they catch it from a double-vaccinated spreader because they have been double-vaccinated themselves. In theory attendees who haven't been vaccinated are more likely to be hospitalised which is exactly what the government is trying to avoid as we approach the winter season.

Personally I think the ultimate affect of this 'Passport' system is so minimal that it is ridiculous to introduce it but Sturgeon's Nastis will argue that every little helps (which of course ignores the disruption to people's lives/mental health and cost to the economy).

It just shouldn't be happening.

Giving season ticket to a mate. What does he need to take to get in or is even possible?
Got this from reddit:

You can download a version - instructions

If you don't have your vaccine letters (I didn't), you can get logged in if you know one of your vaccine dates and then use forgot username

Then you can complete the registration and download a copy.

If you don't have your letters or know any of the dates, you'll likely need to phone the helpline

0808 196 8565.

Not sure if they'd tell you anything to let you download, or you'll need to wait up to 14 days for a paper copy - if anyone does it, comment and I'll update this.

It shouldn't be an issue if he uses your season ticket I think.

That's why it's advisable to wear a mask on public transport. Having a vaccine will probably save your life too.
It's just as simple as that.

I've had Covid twice and survived both times without a vaccine. Why do I still need it?

I am not saying I agree with it, because I don't - I think we are at the point where these types of restrictions are fruitless.

What the Scottish Government will argue is that those now allowed to attend won't end up hospitalised in the event that they catch it from a double-vaccinated spreader because they have been double-vaccinated themselves. In theory attendees who haven't been vaccinated are more likely to be hospitalised which is exactly what the government is trying to avoid as we approach the winter season.

Personally I think the ultimate affect of this 'Passport' system is so minimal that it is ridiculous to introduce it but Sturgeon's Nastis will argue that every little helps (which of course ignores the disruption to people's lives/mental health and cost to the economy).

It just shouldn't be happening.
I would argue your point that it's in an individual basis.

I've had covid, unvaccinated. Apart from a heavy 2 days flu and a week or so lethargy I'm fine. Not hospitalised. My body knows how to cope with it just fine. It can now recognise covid and deal with it without a vaccine. I know not everyone will be the same though.

I dont agree with proof of anything but if needs be there should be proof of antibodies and/or negative test.

Last edited:
(from England)

Does the little card with details of the jabs count as sufficient "proof"? Is that the hard copy they want people to bring or is it something else?

Please don't suggest apps etc as my phone is a piece of crap, strictly talking about hard copy.

I'm amazed. There are so many experts on here who know what works and doesn't, the x files theories behind the vaccine and the political aims of getting jabbed. How come you guys haven't volunteered to cure this pandemic.
All the scientific experience you've mustered needs to be put to better use for the sake of mankind.
In fact, set up a daily briefing to report on progress.

(from England)

Does the little card with details of the jabs count as sufficient "proof"? Is that the hard copy they want people to bring or is it something else?

Please don't suggest apps etc as my phone is a piece of crap, strictly talking about hard copy.
Also wondering this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back