Club1872 poll results

I'm not sure they are? But they own 5% of the club so that given them a bigger voice than 650 individual shareholders (which is the point)
Was mainly referring to one post (and a couple backing it up) which said this shows the Park has lost the fans backing or something along those lines. A group which is very pro-king only got 65% against Park, it’s a tiny sample size of an already biased vote, which in no way represents the opinion of the average supporter.

I always maintain one thing. If King had us in his best interests, he would stop mixing shit in public and speaking to the rags that detest us time after time, it only hurts us and benefits him.

I reckon that Club 1872 is somehow under the control of King and that he needs his share money back.

Issuing new shares won’t get King any cash.

It’s under the full control of Dave King.

His wee puppets Laura and Chris Graham.

It’s not even clear what his game is. Get his money back - then what?

They're not going to just buy Kings shares when those shares don't come with any control of the club. Would you put serious money into the Club just to watch Douglas Park manage that investment? Of course you wouldn't.

If you get to the stage where 25%+ of shares are available (in other words, both King and Parks shareholding available) then bidders will appear. I have zero doubt about that.

What's wrong with Park's management of the investment? When King left shares were valued at 20p, the price he was required to bid at after his run in with the Takeover Panel. It is now 25p, under Park's Chairmanship. Why would investors be unhappy at that?

Time for The Park(s) to go and let the someone who can run Rangers properly not just care about one title and ruin all the good work that it cost in the mean time.

I think you are missing yours.

I don't have a list of investors ready to pump money into Rangers, and I'm not sure why you think I would have.

If Douglas Park is the best option for Rangers, prove it. Go to the market, see who's interested and if he's better than all the alternatives, then he stays. You can't say fairer than that.
Correct! Investors not looking for a financial return on their investment or a salary for time invested are ten a penny.

We could really do with a fans organisation with at least some credibility to interact with the Board.

The fact that given what we have went through the fans have been sidelined beggars belief.

I’m sure Mr Park will be honoured to be thought of in the same vein as Charles Green.

Time is up, Douglas. Go find us someone who can take us forward - they do exist out there.
This post has convinced me to support Park.
Come back next year with less hysteria and an actual credible plan and I will give you a fair hearing.

An absolute car crash of an organization. A brilliant concept completely ruined by a very small group of individuals and a puppet master ex chairman.

As far as I am aware I am a life member through the Rangers Supporters Trust. My last email from Club 1872 is dated 2018. I can log in to the website and check membership status but I've had no communication about this or anything else recently.

The Boy is a bit daft saying Ashley is anything like Park.

I am more at the stage of wanting to know who people actually think are out there with money ready to plough into a club that plays in Scotland where there is no money to be made. Things aren't perfect but people need to be really careful what they wish for when it comes to who owns/runs the club.

What an utter load of nonsense. If the Investors leave tomorrow, our club is dead as a major player in Scotland, nevermind anywhere else. Comments like that are just full of emotion with no understanding of business realities.
likewise if the fans stopped going tomorrow the club is dead.
they both need each other.

A partial list of failings:

1) Constant inaction on disabled fans facilities. Disabled fans have not just been ignored, they've been actively lied to for years by the board. Every year, improvements or plans are promised and every year they amount to nothing but a pile of lies. It's shameful and embarrassing.

Pretty sure the current Chairman will be the one to rectify that by doing what his predecessors have failed and that will be despite King and Club1872 trying their best to stop the Board raising the necessary very substantial funds required.

Pray tell just how much did we invest in disabled facilities under Kings Chairmanship and what exactly have Club1872 ever done to assist disabled fans?

I'll give you a clue the answer begins with a z and ends in o.

Pretty sure the current Chairman will be the one to rectify that by doing what his predecessors have failed and that will be despite King and Club1872 trying their best to stop the Board raising the necessary very substantial funds required.

Pray tell just how much did we invest in disabled facilities under Kings Chairmanship and what exactly have Club1872 ever done to assist disabled fans?

I'll give you a clue the answer begins with a z and ends in o.

There are people falling over themselves all over the world to invest in football clubs at the minute. If Park has the clubs best interests at heart, then he should resign and put his shareholding up for sale as per the demands of the supporters. Lets see who else is interested.
Here we have it in living colour.

Some one who has learned absolutely nothing since 2012

Still control the shares and the organisation. Money back and still have power.
I reckon the problem DK has if achieving this is the current low level of contributions to Club 1872.

Like many others, myself and my son, (£18.72 per month each) stopped contributing when we realised that the money wasn’t going into the Club.

Originally I was all for Club 1872 as I naively hoped that it could reach its aim of owning 25% of the shares but it’s now become a farce.

Without having any inside knowledge my current hope is that the guy in the Far East originally from Paisley (Gibson?) might be able to somehow stabilise things and provide further finance.

I definitely don’t want Non Rangers Connected external investors to have any form of control or someone to do a Sir Duped and take a majority stake.

But once again it’s the Fans who are shafted most.

The "mobility vehicle" nonsense was utterly bizarre and incredibly stupid thank God it vanished into the same brainless wasteland that drempt it up. Nice try though but try again for an example how Club 1872 has benefitted disabled fans.

The "mobility vehicle" nonsense was utterly bizarre and incredibly stupid thank God it vanished into the same brainless wasteland that drempt it up. Nice try though but try again for an example how Club 1872 has benefitted disabled fans.
Apparently it was put to members before anyone had thought to do a risk assessment.

He's lost the confidence of every fan that attends Ibrox. You'd have to be blind or willfully ignorant not to see it.

His time is up. We, the fans, are the people who keep this club in business, not the investors. If we want him gone, then he has to go.

Honestly mate, that's such utter shite that I don't know where to start.

So I won't.

The chatter about the vote on Park’s reappointment focuses on entirely the wrong thing IMO. As ever, it shows people are far too drawn to personalities instead of substance.

The real news here is the vote against allowing the Directors to issue new shares and to dis-apply preemptive rights when they do so. In layman’s terms, if the C1872 / King position on both these resolutions were to be carried at the AGM then the directors of the PLC would not be able to issue new shares to raise investment.

The first resolution requires a simple majority so will, I suspect, go through anyway - so issuing new shares will be possible... however the second is likely to fail IMO (given we now know 20% of total shareholding is voting against, and as a special resolution, it needs 75% to pass). This means that in order to issue new shares, the directors will need to offer them in proportion to existing shareholders. This makes it a much more time-consuming and costly process.

C1872’s vote will, in all likelihood, prevent new shares from being issued to repay loans. And is likely to mean C1872 will not have the chance to buy new shares from RIFC PLC in the new year. I have no doubt whatsoever that some Contributors were influenced by the ’Contributor blog’ published by C1872 last week which included the lie that the resolutions, taken together, would “give the RIFC Board the right to issue as many shares as they like, at whatever price they want, to any party they choose”.

There was a justifiable question over Resolution 7 being for a five year period (rather than annually as it has been voted on since 2015, including under King’s chairmanship) but, for context, in 2016 Club 1872 members voted more than 95% in favour of exactly the same special resolution to dis-apply preemptive rights. And has done on every previous occasion on which is has been voted on.

In fact, the last major shareholder to vote against these resolutions at a RIFC PLC AGM was Mike Ashley. Changed days indeed.

Last edited:
38,000 people bought season tickets from Charles Green.
People always make mistakes, my last username on here was banned for posting a Dave Chappelle video and despite making donations over the years for most of Follow Follow appeals, you and your Nazi admin pals wouldn't respond to my emails, pm's etc and explain. That's why I wouldn't trust you or anything your FF admins/mods say, its your way or the highway,

You aren’t seriously going to pretend that fans are in favour of Douglas Park continuing? Did you sleep through the last few months?
He became chairman in March 2020 and since then we have a league title, a Scottish Cup, a Europa League final appearance and a return to the Champions League group stages.

Things haven’t been great domestically, they have now removed the manager. Let’s see how that goes.

He’s not been the disaster you are making out.

Personally I think we need to look at the message and not the messenger.

The truth is Rangers just aren't a well run club at all right now and while personal motivation might be behind this latest C1872 poll it still doesn't change the fact that we need fresh ideas at the top going forward.

We've binned Gio and done nothing else to address the other multitude of problems currently.

Okay no one is probably coming in to throw money around but surely appointing a new chairman, DOF and CEO going forward will give the club a new direction in the coming months ahead?

I never knew that didn't go anywhere just remembered voting for it a few years ago. Oh well best intentions and all that.

You really should be taking the club to task re the lack of facilities not c1872.

I never knew that didn't go anywhere just remembered voting for it a few years ago. Oh well best intentions and all that.

You really should be taking the club to task re the lack of facilities not c1872.

Been doing that for the better part of 2 decades. The current Board are the only ones who've EVER taken the issue seriously, some Directors have been of great assistance and have engaged, listened to and acted upon our concerns that has pushed the project along tremendously. I thank each and everyone of them for doing so. These last 2 years have seen a massive sea change in attitude towards the disabled fanbase but there's still some way to go to get where we need to be and they acknowledge that.

I fully expect the matter to be satisfactory addressed at the AGM. However King and Club1872 will probably manage to hinder and delay the installation of said facilities but hey no doubt they'll claim to have our best interests at heart eh?

Been doing that for the better part of 2 decades. The current Board are the only ones who've EVER taken the issue seriously, some Directors have been of great assistance and have engaged, listened to and acted upon our concerns that has pushed the project along tremendously. I thank each and everyone of them for doing so. These last 2 years have seen a massive sea change in attitude towards the disabled fanbase but there's still some way to go to get where we need to be and they acknowledge that.

I fully expect the matter to be satisfactory addressed at the AGM. However King and Club1872 will probably manage to hinder and delay the installation of said facilities but hey no doubt they'll claim to have our best interests at heart eh?

Sure.

I don't like C1872 but i also think it's time for Park to step aside. The big issue is who comes in?

I am more at the stage of wanting to know who people actually think are out there with money ready to plough into a club that plays in Scotland where there is no money to be made. Things aren't perfect but people need to be really careful what they wish for when it comes to who owns/runs the club.
Obviously, they are not perfect but it's easy to nit pick from the outside and stir up trouble.

Never got the chance to vote , never got the results and have been contributing for years, sick to death of c1872 and I have just cancelled my subscription .

Be interesting to know what percentage of those entitled to vote actually voted. Would give a more accurate reflection. The timing of the Dave King interview and their pre-vote email was also clearly designed to sway voters toward the views of the handful of people running C1872 and I'm not sure I'm comfortable with those tactics. It was a totally one sided perspective and while I know Douglas Park declined an invitation to participate, you can understand why he wouldn't want to engage with an organisation so openly hostile toward him and which is clearly very much in bed with Dave King.
I ran an algorithm on the 8 resolution poll results which is possible because you had to vote on all resolutions to have your vote counted.
The number of votes cast is a multiple of 496. So probably either 496 people voted or 992. At a push it could be 1488 but I would be surprised.

Having seen you rightly, be so critical of the board in the past in relation to this issue it is great to see you are now beginning to see some proper constructive engagement and actual progress to resolving disabled facilities.

Coming from someone so close to and vocal on this for years now, it’s great to read your positive comments, the current board deserves credit for this.

I ran an algorithm on the 8 resolution poll results which is possible because you had to vote on all resolutions to have your vote counted.
The number of votes cast is a multiple of 496. So probably either 496 people voted or 992. At a push it could be 1488 but I would be surprised.
Out of how many eligible voters, do you know? I just think so many people have become disengaged from C1872, that I'd be surprised if a high percentage of those eligible to vote actually logged I'm and did so.

Having seen you rightly, be so critical of the board in the past in relation to this issue it is great to see you are now beginning to see some proper constructive engagement and actual progress to resolving disabled facilities.

Coming from someone so close to and vocal on this for years now, it’s great to read your positive comments, the current board deserves credit for this.

Thanks. They do deserve credit for grasping the nettle on this and seeking out the best viable solution all things considered.

Out of how many eligible voters, do you know? I just think so many people have become disengaged from C1872, that I'd be surprised if a high percentage of those eligible to vote actually logged I'm and did so.
It says on the website there are 6100 contributors and I think that includes lifetime members who don’t have to make monthly contributions.
Much of the website hasn’t been updated so I don’t know how current that figure is.

Why is that? Because I think there are better options to lead Rangers than Douglas Park?
You might well be right buy told us they were out there but couldn't name any.

You seem to be wanting to argue with everyone on here. They aren't all blithering idiots mate.

Is Park ideal? No. There is no queue of rich folk wanting to throw cash at Rangers

It says on the website there are 6100 contributors and I think that includes lifetime members who don’t have to make monthly contributions.
Much of the website hasn’t been updated so I don’t know how current that figure is.
Cheers for that BR.

If a majority of fans make it clear that they oppose Park's re-election, his position becomes considerably weaker regardless of how the ownership votes.

Park has clearly lost the confidence of the support. If he believes the words he says about being merely a custodian of the club, and that it belongs to the supporters, then he should resign on a matter of honour and principle.
Be careful what you wish for. He may be poor at speaking to our supporters however he put up his cash with other wealthy fans when it was needed. Remember what our previous “Custodian” did? And the spivs who almost destroyed our club.

Thats a bit of an assumption.

For me we can appoint a better exec team to run the club without changing ownership.

Look across the city, Fritzel has nothing to do with the running of them.
His men are in place all over the club ffs.

Can we stop talking nonsense. If you are the bank of last resort, you want to have a say in the running of the club.

Absolutely. Plenty of people shouting for Park and other directors to go. No suggestions on viable alternatives of course and recent history tells us investors aren't exactly queueing round the block to step in. Those who think just anyone, anyone at all, would be an improvement on the current board have very short memories indeed. If there are people out there with deeper pockets, better business acumen and who will put the well-being of the club to the forefront at all times, then bring them on. Until then, I'll be happy to stick with what we've got.
giphy.gif

Back