Club1872 poll results

likewise if the fans stopped going tomorrow the club is dead.
they both need each other.
The fans aren’t going to stop going. That is a nonsense suggestion. Some may not be the same over time but there are lots wanting to go who can’t but would happily take up relinquished season tickets.

However, if those who have provided the club with millions of their hard earned money for no return save, in due course, the interest they must require for commercial loans go then we will be fecked. How much ingratitude and downright bile will people who have provided funds to nurse the club through the ten year plan put up with before they say, in effect, f this I would be better using my money for a a new yacht or holiday mansion rather than supporting the club for those ingrates.

Also remember that our major shareholders currently get no annual or other income through dividends and probably never will. By comparison Fritzl and others across the city hold 6%+ preference shares which net them considerable annual returns. We are in a very fortunate position with respect to our wealthy supporters generosity and the least they should expect is civility and thanks.

Last edited:
This is why fan ownership will never work.

If you seriously believe the fans, not the investors, have kept the club running for the last 10 years, you're deluded.

It has required both and you appear to be actively celebrating a vote by C1872 to stop any more external investment into the club.

They are opposing the resolutions either through blind stupidity in following DK's maneuvers to sell his shares or to protect their own ability to oppose board resolutions, which they cannot afford in the long run.
Personally I don't mind most of the resolutions

I'm strongly against giving any board the power to create up to 50% if the shares over 5 years worth no annual check at ages.

Play devil's advocate a second say current investors sell up in 2 years to a majority shareholder there's not a thing we could do to stop them marginalising the current fan shares then asset stripping the club.

Would they do that I don't think so but then you just don't know.

Not against then having the power but annually resolution is fine

There are people falling over themselves all over the world to invest in football clubs at the minute. If Park has the clubs best interests at heart, then he should resign and put his shareholding up for sale as per the demands of the supporters. Lets see who else is interested.
Cinch?

Percentages but no word about numbers involved
I don't have a side as it were but the numbers who voted are surely irrelevant. If folk don't vote their wishes are unknown. We can't infer anymore than that. They know if they don't vote and others with a different view do then they are opening themselves to getting an outcome they may not agree with.

I don't have a side as it were but the numbers who voted are surely irrelevant. If folk don't vote their wishes are unknown. We can't infer anymore than that. They know if they don't vote and others with a different view do then they are opening themselves to getting an outcome they may not agree with.
See the post below yours for the problem

If we don't know the numbers, we don't know how many voted - or how many received voting papers. If less than half got the papers, how can the vote stand?

Back