Clubs going to the wall

Desert Loyal

With it being highly unlikely we will see fans at games until next year, the financial strain on some will be huge. Aberdeen are selling the 9 million dollar man (snigger) so should manage but many others will be on the slippery slope to oblivion.

I have always though the herd that is Scottish football needs thinning, who do we all think will be first or who do you want gone the most.

If Livingston and Alloa dissapeared, I'd love that.

With it being highly unlikely we will see fans at games until next year, the financial strain on some will be huge. Aberdeen are selling the 9 million dollar man (snigger) so should manage but many others will be on the slippery slope to oblivion.

I have always though the herd that is Scottish football needs thinning, who do we all think will be first or who do you want gone the most.

If Livingston and Alloa dissapeared, I'd love that.

Livingston are a community club that do a lot of good work. They are also quick to thank us for filling their stadium when we play there. Wish them all the best.

Not bothered if this goes against the grain here but I don't want any club to go to the wall.

First and foremost I want them all to witness our return to the top - hopefully this season.

I don't want to see people lose their jobs among professional clubs - backroom staff.

For the smaller clubs - as much as our journey through the lower leagues sickens me, I still felt a warmth to the lower league clubs - especially from fans and communities - who were all proud to host Rangers coming to their town.

There are also people out there where football will be one of the few things to keep them going.

Aberdeen will be the first in my opinion , they are bleeding cash with no fans , and McKenna was sold for any price just to help keep the lights on.

Livingston are a community club that do a lot of good work. They are also quick to thank us for filling their stadium when we play there. Wish them all the best.

Livingston are a bastard club from the ashes of another bastard club Meadowbank, who themselves originated as a works team from Edinburgh. They have a shit fan base that has no possible prospect of improving, and the shittiest of plastic pitches. Let them die...

Last edited:
Ah . Short memory.

no just a very poignant one of how i remember feeling when my teams existence was threatened. Every club has idiot fans and certainly ones who enjoyed our clubs problems a bit too much but most people who actually follow different clubs are decent people

Same as the poster above all the plastic pitch mob. Couldn't give two shits about any Scottish club just like same way they feel about us. Maybe give Scottish football a boot up the arse that it needs.

Take your pick of all the Rangers hating feckers - one feck would not be given if they all succumbed and died of Covid related financial strangulation of funds.
Motherwell
Sheep
Dundee hibs
Kilmarnock
Livingston
Spoonburners
Alloa
Raith rovers
not one iota of sympathy would be given should one of these went to the wall

Alloa HiVs Dundee Utd Dundee Hamilton Motherwell would happily watch them tumble!!

Would love to see Livingston, Raith, Dundee Utd and Alloa go to wall.

I think most teams will be ok though.

no just a very poignant one of how i remember feeling when my teams existence was threatened. Every club has idiot fans and certainly ones who enjoyed our clubs problems a bit too much but most people who actually follow different clubs are decent people

Very noble of you.

If it was a minority then what happened would never have been mentioned never mind actually done to us.

We remain Scotlands punchbag.

Where do you want me to start? After what happened to us, I could write a list, but would take hours trying to put them in order. Alloa, Raith, both Dundee clubs, Motherwell, St Mirren, and the obvious one to start with.
Yeah totally agree. There's no point trying to pretend that any of those clubs would give it a second thought if it was us going under. From the recent overt corruption to the rabid attempts to finish us off in 2012, I cannot think of any other club in Scotland deserving of our pity if they fold.

I am sure other posters will have covered this already but the bloodlust from Scottish football to see us suffer is now coming back big time to bite them on the arse.
They were all blinded by their desire to kick us when we were down and indeed try and kill us off.
They couldn't see they were signing their own death warrants,without us in the top league revenues dropped dramatically,sponsorship dried up tv deals were an even bigger joke than they are now and the best one of all "sell out saturdays".
If we had remained inthetop league some of these clubs would be more insulated against the hard times they now face.
Hopefully the ones that survive will finally get behind us to clear out the cabal that led them by the nose in to this situation.

Ran by Timmy scum and had they continued what was a neutral stance in the region between the scum and us, when the first formed they would give us free tickets at school etc and it was clear it was about supporting your community club and not any links at all to Glasgow and big Jim Lieshman was a good guy to help them in that.

but then they took the peado gold and it went to shit and as a result they can go to shit IMO

Motherwell, Hibs, Dundee Utd, St. Mirren. Horrible clubs with horrible fans. Give me a choice and it'll be between them. I'm not excited about any clubs dying, but I'm not bothered if any do disappear.

I am sure other posters will have covered this already but the bloodlust from Scottish football to see us suffer is now coming back big time to bite them on the arse.
They were all blinded by their desire to kick us when we were down and indeed try and kill us off.
They couldn't see they were signing their own death warrants,without us in the top league revenues dropped dramatically,sponsorship dried up tv deals were an even bigger joke than they are now and the best one of all "sell out saturdays".
If we had remained inthetop league some of these clubs would be more insulated against the hard times they now face.
Hopefully the ones that survive will finally get behind us to clear out the cabal that led them by the nose in to this situation.
None would have been responsible enough to ensure reserves were kept aside to see them remain afloat amidst a world changing pandemic. They would have spent accordingly and be in the same boat they are now

Us going down never made any difference to these clubs. They still exist, and live hand to mouth and don't really care about competing so long as they keep the lights on

Agree with the general "fùck em all" sentiment but to suggest theyre worse off now after what happened to us is something im not buying. They had no cùnt going to their games in the fuckin first place. Tin pot shite. Burn them all

Very noble of you.

If it was a minority then what happened would never have been mentioned never mind actually done to us.

We remain Scotlands punchbag.

there are two people to blame for our situation , David Murray and then Craig whyte. The majority of opposition fans had their laughs but can you blame them. The mighty rangers who had pumped them for years and been the most successful team in Scotland were in ruin. Offcourse they were going to have fun with it, it’s the price to pay for being the biggest club

For 40yrs of the most heinous abuse (which has never known justice or accountability) by a sporting institution, id love to see the disappearance of the forces of darkness across the city.

The rest im not bothered about. I know i should be, but I view them all so far below us, I couldnt muster the required care to wish any of them gone.

That doesnt mean id be upset if a few particular teams did go bust though

Nah until they get that pitch sorted %^*& them. I'd rather every club in the league had a grass pitch regardless of who they are.

I'm really sorry but I doubt I'll have much sympathy for an awful lot of teams if the worst comes to the worst.

Not only did a significant number circle us like sharks in a feeding frenzy in 2012, they have shown exactly where their loyalties {pardon the pun) lie in 2020.

I get the whole 'who would we play' argument but I don't buy into it. There will be more than enough teams left to keep the game alive.

There may well be some casualties but I feel the professional game will end up a leaner, more competitive product if some teams fold or are forced to merge with neighbours to survive.

Dundee. Dundee Hibs, Alloa, Motherwell, Hibs and of course the pederast ringleaders can all burn in hell.

Back