Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Just caught the end of Shug saying it will soon be the 25th anniversary of something ridiculous he said. What was he talking about specifically?

I assume ours was off the defenders upper arm? Camera from behind the goal made it look like his shoulder.

What was their's?
Yeah, definite hand ball, straight arm outstretched away from his body, theirs was Watt taking a kick in the face, think it was Roofe, ball was there to be won but just mistimed his kick and caught Watt on the face/head. I could be wrong would need to see both again, but at the time I thought both were penalties.

I wank dugs guy on now

“if he isn’t hitting the first man ten times a game he’s having a good game.”

He also says Roofe’s link up play isn’t good.

Where's did that stupid old fool Keevins come up with, "Motherwell were denied a penalty"?

I see he added that we should have had a penalty, which wasn't the case either.
He said this yesterday which made me wonder how he managed to see it.
Or is it just another case if “Celtic fan wants it to be so, therefore it must so”.

Hugh knew. “Ange postacoglou has done things that Howe could not have done”.

Third choice manager is much better than Howe now? :):):):):):)

That's fair. They were massively overhyping Howe when they thought he was taking the Celtic job, but I doubt he'd have lost six out of seven away games, nor have overseen their worst start to a league campaign in twenty three years. Or sign someone from the J League.

1996?
No idea.
THE onLy thing I can put finger on that's coming up is the Sep 25 The last of the Magdalen Asylums closes in Ireland. BUt THAts a long shot.

MAYbe He misses that he just realised how old he is that, Nov 4 British girls group the Spice Girls release their debut album "Spice", goes on to sell 23 million copies.

Other than that can't find a thing. Unless it's cleaning day for the rug at cetic pork

A caller brought up that he said celtc should sign John Spencer, I assume from us. Caller then called him a stupid old twat (or there abouts). He's been hurting about it the full show.

It now seems Helander scoring the winner v the mhanks was him "bailing us out". Same as Tav scoring v St. Johnstone. So any winning goal in old Nuremburg's eyes is a bail out.

What an old fanny.

Agree to disagree - I looked on multiple versions of the match highlights and neither was shown on any version. Usually such obvious penalty shouts make some version of the highlights.
I watched sportscene when I got home last night and it went over both incidents we should have had a penalty each.

Also our goal should not have stood as it was offside I sit gf1 and I was just waiting on the lino raising the flag thankfully he didn't.

Another poor show by officials yesterday again no surprise it usually goes against us though

I watched sportscene when I got home last night and it went over both incidents we should have had a penalty each.

Also our goal should not have stood as it was offside I sit gf1 and I was just waiting on the lino raising the flag thankfully he didn't.

Another poor show by officials yesterday again no surprise it usually goes against us though
Kemar clearly, if accidentally, kicked Watt inside the box. Don't think Watt was scoring, but it's a foul anywhere else on the park. 'Well defender's arm was outstretched & ball hit below the T-shirt line. That's a PK now. Fashion was offside.

A caller brought up that he said celtc should sign John Spencer, I assume from us. Caller then called him a stupid old twat (or there abouts). He's been hurting about it the full show.

It now seems Helander scoring the winner v the mhanks was him "bailing us out". Same as Tav scoring v St. Johnstone. So any winning goal in old Nuremburg's eyes is a bail out.

What an old fanny.

Just found the exact quote the caller was dragging up. He called it the famous John Spencer quote although it’s more to do with Moravcik than Spencer.

At the time, Keevins wrote in his Sunday Mail column: "I don’t know what I find more laughable – the fact that Celtic cannot find £500,000 from their biscuit tin to sign a proven talent like John Spencer, or the fact that they then spent £300,000 on one of Dr Jo’s old pals, the unknown Lubomir Moravcik."

Just found the exact quote the caller was dragging up. He called it the famous John Spencer quote although it’s more to do with Moravcik than Spencer.

At the time, Keevins wrote in his Sunday Mail column: "I don’t know what I find more laughable – the fact that Celtic cannot find £500,000 from their biscuit tin to sign a proven talent like John Spencer, or the fact that they then spent £300,000 on one of Dr Jo’s old pals, the unknown Lubomir Moravcik."
It's almost as if he's made a decades long career out of not having a fucking scooby what he's talking about.

Tbf, Moravcik is one of the most over-rated players to ever play in Scotland.

Indeed. Had skill, but a fair bit of revisionist history surrounds him from that mob. They get all misty eyed about him, but the facts of the time suggest he wasn’t the big deal they portray him as.

I was a teen when he played for them, but I don’t remember him doing anything against us or anyone. I knew his name but they had a load of Eastern European players back then.

Then I saw some program or news item on Sky years later about the big send off he got and how loved he is by them…really? Why?

Indeed. Had skill, but a fair bit of revisionist history surrounds him from that mob. They get all misty eyed about him, but the facts of the time suggest he wasn’t the big deal they portray him as.

I just remember a wee guy who looked slightly overweight, but did the random step over or flick to entertain the easily-impressed Piggery clowns.

I remember him playing for them, but had to go back and check the impact of this world class legend. 5 trophies in 4 seasons and we won 7 in that same period.

Another legend who spent his time at the piggery in our shadow.
He only became a world beater when surrounded by O'Wibble's crew of thugs, hammerthrowers and cheats - all aided and abetted by highly compliant officials.

Back