Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Regarding the time wasting points raised on the show, I really really hate how it's just brushed off.

Scottish football is dire to watch. We have little to no money coming in through the tv deal.

This cannot be helping the matter. Teams content to spoil the game and have upwards of 50% of the game be dead.

Instead of lauding this utter eye cancer shouldn't we be championing stronger refs who don't let the game be spoiled as much?

If I paid for a cinema ticket and some big fat bastard stood in front of me for half the film I'd be demanding a refund.

Football is meant to be entertaining.

Regarding the time wasting points raised on the show, I really really hate how it's just brushed off.

Scottish football is dire to watch. We have little to no money coming in through the tv deal.

This cannot be helping the matter. Teams content to spoil the game and have upwards of 50% of the game be dead.

Instead of lauding this utter eye cancer shouldn't we be championing stronger refs who don't let the game be spoiled as much?

If I paid for a cinema ticket and some big fat bastard stood in front of me for half the film I'd be demanding a refund.

It’s brushed off this time likely because of the team on the receiving end. I listened for a while on Monday and heard one of them say he never thought Motherwell were time wasting! I’m sure it was Gordon who backed him up saying “well they weren’t” which sounded like he was away to say ‘because they weren’t booked for it’ kind of like when somebody says “well it wasn’t a penalty because they never got a penalty”. I don’t get bothered like some do about the stuff they say but it came across a bit strange.

Edit: just remembered Gordon is a Motherwell fan so he obviously struggles as much as anybody to take off his Motherwell specs.

I dont listen to this show have not heard it in ages, its not only biased its awful, anyway im sure you will get a different view on time wasting as soon as the same teams use the same tactics against Celtic. When media moan things will change refs will not upset the host or guests on these tim radio and tv shows.

Only difference might be that match officials will decide to punish the smaller clubs for it at Parkhead while being more than happy to let it go and play dumb at Ibrox.

Livi picked up 3 yellows in the first quarter of the match at the weekend, this is to stamp out the destroying tactics.... we often only see 3 yellows for these teams at the end of our game when its not so important and theres far more tactical fouls or dangerous challenges on our players.

Refs like Steven McLean are every bit as motivated as the Motherwell manager to break up the game at Ibrox and make it a close contest. Hes been doing it to Rangers for years, i totally accept we have to be ready for it and finish the game early we missed the chances not the opposition or the ref.

Correct. Yet Keevins has a go at anyone else calling for a manager's head before he's had a chance to prove himself.
Aye if hes holding his hands up and saying he was out of order it will be something that proves double standards and more importantly has annoyed tim callers or possibly even upset his many close friends at the piggery.

I dont listen to this show have not heard it in ages, its not only biased its awful, anyway im sure you will get a different view on time wasting as soon as the same teams use the same tactics against Celtic. When media moan things will change refs will not upset the host or guests on these tim radio and tv shows.

Only difference might be that match officials will decide to punish the smaller clubs for it at Parkhead while being more than happy to let it go and play dumb at Ibrox.

Livi picked up 3 yellows in the first quarter of the match at the weekend, this is to stamp out the destroying tactics.... we often only see 3 yellows for these teams at the end of our game when its not so important and theres far more tactical fouls or dangerous challenges on our players.

Refs like Steven McLean are every bit as motivated as the Motherwell manager to break up the game at Ibrox and make it a close contest. Hes been doing it to Rangers for years, i totally accept we have to be ready for it and finish the game early we missed the chances not the opposition or the ref.

Aye if hes holding his hands up and saying he was out of order it will be something that proves double standards and more importantly has annoyed tim callers or possibly even upset his many close friends at the piggery.
I’ve said that for years - the amount of times teams get away with certain “pulling back” yellows is unreal.

The callers and pundits were too thick to make the logical jump that its the referee who failed supporters.

I’ve said that for years - the amount of times teams get away with certain “pulling back” yellows is unreal.
Refs are always looking for ways to manipulate Rangers games.

And they are pretty good at it.

No problems for Celtic, ever. 3 early yellows for Livi at the weekend that stamps out time wasting and taking turns having a kick at the more talented players.

Thats why shows like radio clyde now support referees and the sfa.
The callers and pundits were too thick to make the logical jump that its the referee who failed supporters.
Not sure the pundits are thick they know exactly whats been going on with refs since Gerrard took over.

They play dumb as its quite a controversial subject and its the tims that benefit anyway which is never a bad thing from superscoreboards pov.

If Steven McLean behaved in the same way at the piggery all the time (allowing as much to go as possible) that radio station would slaughter, him no way Keevins would ignore it.

Tbf, Moravcik is one of the most over-rated players to ever play in Scotland.
Absolutely. The sheer gratuitous carry on in the media to make out to be the second coming was utterly sickening. This was a guy who had spent his career in obscure leagues prior to coming to Scotland and did well enough against journeymen dross.

It highlights the bias and spin of the Scottish media. It would be the equivalent of say Kevin Thomson for us, yet the unwarranted jizzfest continues to this day.

He only became a world beater when surrounded by O'Wibble's crew of thugs, hammerthrowers and cheats - all aided and abetted by highly compliant officials.
I guess he was more skilled than your average Celt. Doubt if he would have been a standout for, say, Hibs at the time. It was just the comparison with those around him, brutes and monsters.

I guess he was more skilled than your average Celt. Doubt if he would have been a standout for, say, Hibs at the time. It was just the comparison with those around him, brutes and monsters.
O’Neill inherited Larsson,Petrov and Moravcik he then basically added cloggers who booted fcuk out of everything his style of football was dire so don’t let then tell you how they play the Celtic way they loved Oneils brand of football.

Tbf, Moravcik is one of the most over-rated players to ever play in Scotland.
I was at a social occasion a few years post Moravcik and was in discussion with a few septic men when I suggested Paul Gascoigne was the most skilful player I’d seen in Scotland since Cooper.
One other scum fan, not part of the group, interupts us “Naw, Lubo Moravcik”.
I turned to the main group and said “ that’s why I seldom discuss football with Celtic supporters.”

Did they discuss Griffiths last night? Missed it but they’ve not mentioned it at all tonight so far
I put on in the car last night about 7.30 and heard Mark Wilson saying he needs to sort himself out off the park missed what the question was at the time. They then kept either just talking or cutting back to the Forfar fan live from her seat at the Piggery before their game kicked off.

I put on in the car last night about 7.30 and heard Mark Wilson saying he needs to sort himself out off the park missed what the question was at the time. They then kept either just talking or cutting back to the Forfar fan live from her seat at the Piggery before their game kicked off.

" Forfar fan ". lol

Really? Never seen Gordon Duncan on Sky and they’re game wasn’t on TV was it?
He was at Easter Road today and then done our game up at Dingwall. Think he done one of the tims games as well but he does ground reporting for them if there's games on on a Sunday that aren't on TV.

Back