Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Think they've stopped doing it now as Gordon Duncan is doing games for sky on a Sunday when they are on.
Pretty sure he only does it if both OF teams aren’t playing on the Sunday. If they’re both playing on the Sunday they will do a show on the radio.

I was at a social occasion a few years post Moravcik and was in discussion with a few septic men when I suggested Paul Gascoigne was the most skilful player I’d seen in Scotland since Cooper.
One other scum fan, not part of the group, interupts us “Naw, Lubo Moravcik”.
I turned to the main group and said “ that’s why I seldom discuss football with Celtic supporters.”
That's why I try to avoid them in social situations as much as possible! Impossible, but I try my best!

Absolutely. The sheer gratuitous carry on in the media to make out to be the second coming was utterly sickening. This was a guy who had spent his career in obscure leagues prior to coming to Scotland and did well enough against journeymen dross.

It highlights the bias and spin of the Scottish media. It would be the equivalent of say Kevin Thomson for us, yet the unwarranted jizzfest continues to this day.

Haris Vuckic would be a better comparison

Just to fuel the fires it would only be fair for a bear to call in and talk about this weekends top 6 play off match and how important it could be for Aberdeen or Celtic to catch that last spot.

This is true. He has a go at them when they are crap and isn’t a happy clapper like most of their lot in the media.

He has been banned several times from the piggery for refusing to tow the party line.
Sure this was taken on the day wee Shoo got erse 'n necked oot the CSC on London Rd by Finbar.

Hugh%20Keevins%20outside%20Barrowfield%20Celtic%20Supporters%20Club%20in%20May%202000

Missed hearing Conroy's disappointed tone yesterday with that result. Might be worthwhile listening to it tonight to hear the pain in Keevins voice.

Real bears don't listen to

Or appear on (Alex Rae you're a cnut) snyde.

I understand the funding our enemies argument, however, other than FF and H&H, this is one of the few connections I have to home, so I will continue to listen to podcasts every night, (except when things have gone bad for us over the weekend because I'm a really bad loser).

If that means in your eyes I'm not a Real Bear then so be it, it won't change my listening habits, nor will my listening habits change or affect anything. I'm not naïve enough to blindly accept our voice in influencing media, I have for example stopped clicking any links to the DR, but I'm not clued up enough on podcasts and modern media to feel strongly enough to stop listening to the SSB phone in.

I am a Rangers fan, even if I'm not a Real Bear by your definition, although before your post I would have considered myself one. Your post irked me enough to post this, so I guess I'd like to consider myself a Real Bear, even though I listen to the SSB podcast

If any bear is phoning in tonight please ask Hugh, if he still believes Eddie Howe could still not do the fantastic job Angie Ball is doing.

I understand the funding our enemies argument, however, other than FF and H&H, this is one of the few connections I have to home, so I will continue to listen to podcasts every night, (except when things have gone bad for us over the weekend because I'm a really bad loser).

If that means in your eyes I'm not a Real Bear then so be it, it won't change my listening habits, nor will my listening habits change or affect anything. I'm not naïve enough to blindly accept our voice in influencing media, I have for example stopped clicking any links to the DR, but I'm not clued up enough on podcasts and modern media to feel strongly enough to stop listening to the SSB phone in.

I am a Rangers fan, even if I'm not a Real Bear by your definition, although before your post I would have considered myself one. Your post irked me enough to post this, so I guess I'd like to consider myself a Real Bear, even though I listen to the SSB podcast

I consider myself a real bear, and when they have been embarrassed on the park or indeed off it, I cant get enough of timmy tears.

Got a feeling people will be disappointed tonight. You need to remember Radio Clyde control the agenda and they are never going to slaughter the club they sponsor. Wouldn’t surprise if the agenda is negative towards us, the supporters and also how Mcglauchlin should’ve been sent off. In fact I’m convinced this is how it will pan out.

Seriously considering getting a few beers in for this one tonight.

Had the pleasure of hearing how a few in work are “blown away” with how they are playing just now, and “on another day you know as well as I do it could have been 6 or 7” :D

I've posted almost word for word in the past @ChrisWoods
It's a connection to our birthplace and gives you a feel for the mood at home. I'm smart enough to dig through some of the stupid and biased things they say, even if others are not.

I wouldn't worry too much about the poster above. He'll be back on this thread soon, for about the 50th time, to help shape our staunchness.

I still think Gordon Duncan must have pumped his wife. :)

As much as I expect a few moonhowlers on Snyde tonight, the level of expectation vs. last autumn is so much lower than it was then, I just don't anticipate the level of sheer anger that was so abundant at that stage.

I think there is a general level of acceptance in their support that they are bang average at best, with a few days here and there where they will show themselves powerful enough to take a few goals of SPFL cannon-fodder, ably assisted by the officials.

Back