Clyde 1 thread for tonight

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Surely there's nobody with any doubt in their mind that Keevins supports them?

I do not understand why these people pretend to have lost their allegiance to their team. Why not just say 'I support X, but I try to be as impartial as possible' – starting from a position of deceit (e.g. 'I don't support anyone anymore') only fuels the perception of deceitfulness.
Apparently journalists shouldn't reveal who they support, there were a couple of users earlier who didn't seem convinced on who Hugh supported.

PT98

I thought it was a well known fact Keevins supported them? I dont really care that he does to be honest.

Soldier1981

I do not understand why these people pretend to have lost their allegiance to their team. Why not just say 'I support X, but I try to be as impartial as possible' – starting from a position of deceit (e.g. 'I don't support anyone anymore') only fuels the perception of deceitfulness.

Did you not listen to Hugh? "Because it's dangerous" :rolleyes:

Yet ex footballers who turn pundits who don't hide it are not in danger because the are not journalists.

They would be in no more danger than Ferry, Slainey and Co.

grascots

Official Ticketer
He is clearly a DFB and why any bear wold be in doubt of this is beyond me. Any criticism he has of that mob is as a fan would have and is doing so to illicit change that will make them better.
He is in panic mode at the mo like most Tarriers because they realise we have overtaken them in every aspect.

chickenhawk

Andy from Dumbarton used to phone TalkRadio thru the night regularly at the same time Tommy the taxi driver was always on TR.

He is a religious fruit loop who would come out with some absolute crackers about the kaflik church.
Not that guy, i remember him . He had a love in with George Galloway at the time. The entire world was just one big Masonic conspiracy to him.
Wonder how how the lockdown treated him being a taxi driver.

linthousebear1981

Apparently journalists shouldn't reveal who they support, there were a couple of users earlier who didn't seem convinced on who Hugh supported.

He writes nearly all ex celt players books, creams himself every time he talks about the Lisbon Lions, takes his Grandson to Celtic games at Parkhead, talks about his southern irish heritage, his junior team are St Anthonys. How many clues does he need to give about who he supports?

Walker54

Just stuck it on to listen to before falling asleep, I really hope someone got on air to highlight how much of a fucking cheat Collum is in allowing McGregor to stay on the park and to allow the blatant foul in the lead up to that wee scrotum Griffiths goal.

Bluenose Whistler

Shoo pretended to be a Bankies fan for years however when they were going belly up he did hee haw as journalist TV & radio pundit to help their plight. One Saturday afternoon he was outed by a caller on RC who used to work with his son in a bingo hall of all places and in other news water is wet.

Mexi

Shoo pretended to be a Bankies fan for years however when they were going belly up he did hee haw as journalist TV & radio pundit to help their plight. One Saturday afternoon he was outed by a caller on RC who used to work with his son in a bingo hall of all places and in other news water is wet.
Compare that to when celtc nearly died. There was one Saturday evening he talked only about them and was nearly in tears, with every called being one of them. He even ignored the score lines that day to concentrate on them

And there was the afternoon wee Fergus was in the studio. You'd think he was having an audience with the pope

Cutty/Young

I used to watch Benburb at Tinto Park now and again, I seem to recall the corner flags were blue with a white “B.F.C.” but the “B” looked suspiciously like it previously been an “R”.
I was told that Rangers were known to help out the Chooky Hens regularly with such donations.
Many many years ago Rangers on the odd time would train at Tinto park and played some reserve games also, Benburb at one point had the best junior pitch in Scottish football,Rangers at the end of the season would give the Bens a load of training gear/boots plus payment for using the pitch.

Sir Alex Ferguson used to look after them well when he was manager at Man U, Used to call them and tell them to come down in a van,which they filled with training gear,boots,jerseys,jackets,balls.

Sir Alex since he retired only rarely will take a quick pop into the Bens when he's up in Glasgow. In my opinion the Bens got a bad deal over the sale of their ground.

I've also noticed that there were some Rangers youth games being played at St Anthony's ground last year but Rangers ladies played most of their home games at the Bens, no idea why the club would be lining the pockets of the mockets.

Atheist Bear

They did die

Only if you consider a football club to be nothing more than an empty, soulless corporate entity, a company house number, a share. As they do.

But then again with their history, their club is as empty and soulless as the popes smile.

BallaratBear

He writes nearly all ex celt players books, creams himself every time he talks about the Lisbon Lions, takes his Grandson to Celtic games at Parkhead, talks about his southern irish heritage, his junior team are St Anthonys. How many clues does he need to give about who he supports?
Not sure if he still does or not but he regularly frequented Duntocher’s Taig slop houses

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
I can’t believe Keevins’ allegiances are even being debated. 100% tarrier and that’s from someone I know who knew him personally for years. As if I needed anyone to confirm it anyway!

Balogun1

I don’t think Keevins tries too hard to hide it tbh. The bankies might be his wee club but I think it’s all a bit of a joke he plays along with.

Damsidebear

I've not trawled through all the posts regarding who people think hugh supports, but he did on air admit he grew up as a celtic fan and thats where his alegencies lie, that shouldn't be a shock to anyone on here never mind the wider population.

Corkinator

Keevins admitted to being a Celtic fan growing up at some point last year on the show. Not that we already didn’t know anyway.
I don’t listen to these shows now and haven’t for about 12/13 years, I’m sure he always used used to say he was Clydebank fan. So es a lying bastard as well as tarrier?

Rod The Prod

Your right he has always said that. However, he did mention think it was last year or might even of been the year before that he was a Celtic fan growing up. I can’t remember why he came out and said it but it was due to something that came up on the show.

Ready72

Your right he has always said that. However, he did mention think it was last year or might even of been the year before that he was a Celtic fan growing up. I can’t remember why he came out and said it but it was due to something that came up on the show.
You are correct. I heard that at the time. It was a conversation about your “boyhood” team. I think it might have been related to Scott Allan’s signing for them.

TW1988

It’s obviously Hugh is one of them but I couldn’t care less to be honest.
Same, I think he gives both teams it tight, and speaks pretty honestly. That said, I dont get offended by someone praising anyone from the Dark Side or complimenting them. For some, its up there with spitting on their granny lol

Cheshire bear

There was a match day show i’ll never forget from back in the 90’s where a harmless caller phoned in & asked why do the Rangers team come out accompanied with a few guys carrying these big flags & Keevins classed us as “THEM” & he did it with complete distain in his voice. His mask definitely slipped that day. keevins criticises them in the hope they get better however he’ll criticise us & take great pleasure in it. If the old tadger came out & said i’m a Celtic man but tries to be as impartial as possible i’d probably respect him but he continues with charade of being neutral & he’s fooling nobody.

dlt

Just wait till they get wind of their financials and realise their 60m cash reserves don't exist and they had to borrow £13m to see the season out lol
They did not borrow £13m to see the season out. As nice as that would be let's not start peddling fantasies about their finances. We (quite rightly) slag that lot off for talking pony about our accounts so let's not do the same ourselves.

Dr Steve Brule

His glasses make his eyes look massive and he has a nasal whine. Poor genes, probably the southern Irish heritage.

Goldenboot

They did not borrow £13m to see the season out. As nice as that would be let's not start peddling fantasies about their finances. We (quite rightly) slag that lot off for talking pony about our accounts so let's not do the same ourselves.
You reckon the 18m in bank will be enough to see them till season ticket and EL money in June/July?

They will most definitely be in the red come summer if they don't sell.

change consent