Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

The love in is pathetic tonight.

That beat the pundit, hugh should have a word with himself. Why would you even do that.

Roy Keane been touted. I love it if that was true.

I can only assume this clown is referring to Griffiths as the 'Best Finisher in Scottish Football'?

Wow

Here's the best finishers league goals over the last four seasons -- 17/18 - 9, 18/19 - 2, 19/20 - 9, 20/21 - 5. He's hit double figures in the league 3 times in 8 seasons for them. Only twice has he scored more than 12 league goals. A goal machine indeed.

Let's not forget they turned down £12m for Boyata who left on a free, their errors in selling are up there with their signing bloopers

They'll get at least that. One thing they're good at is getting decent transfer fees.

D'ye know why.?

Let me run this by ye then.

Scottish fitbaw has been dominated by a club who was very much in the forefront of clearing the way for themselves to dominate by getn rid and weakening their biggest rivals to the trophies up for grabs

It has worked, and any opposition that you could mention couldn't fight their way out of a paper bag never mind winning a trophy.

The only team whose players were made to look good were the mhanks and they were looking for big money for them coz of the cups and leagues they were churning out, thus filling the biscuit tin.

It has taken time for The Rangers to get back up there and now we have we won't be regressing, it will be an improvement in future seasons.

There is no one to challenge US or them in the forseeable future.

If anybody knows differently, tell me who.?

Martinez being in Scotland isn’t that far fetched as his wife is Scottish as are his in law.

I hope he has been seen, pictured even in and around glasgow for it only to be one of his I’ll assume fairly regular visits to Scotland to see family. His wife is called Beth Thompson which sounds A reasonably Presbyterian sounding name ;-).

what these Celtic fans phoning into Clyde won’t seem to accept is their club is SKINT!!! They have sold off their real assets and have been left with dross, where is the money coming from for this big rebuilding they think they will do? Surely not from their sugar daddy Desmond as aren’t they against investors putting money into the club or is that only when it’s Rangers investors putting money into our club?

Celtic I’m sure will do it on the cheap whilst dressing it up as some big coup.

the actual reality is it’s our club with the diamonds we have bought cheap and will sell big, we have a better structure with talented people who will keep scouring the markets for more bargain players who will come in, do a job and leave for millions with our best wishes, we have CL again, we have our merchandise deal actually working properly and our fans massive buying of that merchandise will realise huge income, we also are building our new venue in the New Edmiston house where yet more revenues will be generate. Added to all that we have people with the financial clout backing the club, Rangers men who will put their money and time in to ensure the club is at the forefront of the football world again.

we have had our blip one. Which looking back if handled by decent people and not crooks would have had a very different outcome. The Tax thing has turned out to be a trumped up figure and was always a bill which we disputed the amount and nothing else. We know it wasn’t the bug circus many Celtic bloggers made it out to be and for then those lies to be believed as if truth.

Rangers were and are again the premier club in Scotland and the reasons for that was always about our drive to improve and use of innovative ideas to make money for the club added to our massive fan base being so supportive financially in ticket sales, merchandis, Rangers pools, etc etc

They'll get at least that. One thing they're good at is getting decent transfer fees.
That was when they were winning & dominant domestically. This guy's a CB in one of the most susceptible teams in the league for losing goals at set pieces. That said, I've no doubt we'll hear he went for squillions but it's really a small fee up front with addons.

Did anyone hear Kennedys aftermatch interview about him? If that wasn't a window dressing I'll never know. International player, great at this, great at that, fitness amazing but he did get knackered near the end. They're desperate.

Is this a wind up?

Are you aware of his contract situation ?

I admit they will claim/report at least that, but as for actually getting that? No chance.
I think they'll get between 10-15m for him. He's a young International player who teams will see they can develop and potentially sell on for a fortune. That price nowadays is pennies for some of the big leagues.

If we were to sell Tav or Goldson this summer I would be looking for 10m each.

I think they'll get between 10-15m for him. He's a young International player who teams will see they can develop and potentially sell on for a fortune. That price nowadays is pennies for some of the big leagues.

I've got to agree with you there.

I say it through gritted teeth but that prick Ajer is a player. Be glad to see him leave them.

Some guy mentioned Sean Dyche as a possible manager for them because it would be great for him to go to a club like Celtic who will give him money to spend. Dyche has spent more than £141million in two and a half years at Burnley.
How the %^*& could a diddy team like that have so much money ffs.
I'd say they where no bigger than the sheep.

Mental. Absolutely mental.

We’re now up to £15mil for a guy with one year on his contract who will be available for free 4 months after that transfer window closes.

People on here understand a players value will change at different stages of their contract? A guy who has 3 or 4 years on his deal will cost more than when he has a year.

He’s also a defender, not an attacking player, who tend to go for less.

We have fans on here telling us Alfie, a goal scorer with European pedigree with more than one year on his contract won’t fetch £10mil. But a centreback in his final year in the same league who has been underperforming will go for £10-15mil.

What a place.

Last edited:

We’re now up to £15mil for a guy with one year on his contract who will be available for free 4 months after that transfer window closes.

People on here understand a players value will change at different stages of their contract? A guy who has 3 or 4 years on his deal will OST more than when he has a year.

We have fans on here telling us Alfie, a goal scorer with European pedigree with more than one year on his contract won’t fetch £10mil. But a centreback in his final year in the same league who has been underperforming will go for £10-15mil.

What a place.
You’ve summed it up mate.

People on here understand a players value will change at different stages of their contract? A guy who has 3 or 4 years on his deal will OST more than when he has a year.

What a place.
So you would be happy to sell Goldson for 3-5m????

I've not seen anyone wanting to sell Alfie for 10m tbh.

No.

And I have. Many times. Most of them have been quiet the past month or so right enough. ;)

I wasn't arguing what you claim in your initial statement. But since you are bringing that up I will offer my feelings on that separate point too, which I have recently posted on a thread here.

Goldson is ~30, centreback, playing in Scotland, also about to enter his final year.

Realistically £5mil is "good" money for his situation.

Having considered all that, I would keep him next year as I believe his quality on the field would help us get Champions League football and possibly 3rd (or higher if we got very lucky) giving us European football post Christmas. Those 2 things would massively offset £3-5mil in the summer. So, even if Goldson didn't sign a contract extension, I would keep him for next season anyway, risk losing out on a few mil transfer fee in the knowledge that the European monies could massively overshadow that. Also based on the likelihood that a far more sellable asset, like Alfie, will probably leave anyway negating the need to flog Goldson at the probable low market rate of his current contract.

I'd be disappointed if the club were happy to sell Goldson for what we paid for him because he's a far better player now, but that would be down to the club extending his deal. If we don't then we can't realistically expect the £12m+ you'd normally ask for Goldson, same with Tav with 12 months and approaching 30 what will we get £5/6/7m?
Nobody would be happy with losing those 2 stalwarts for a combined say £12m but if they weren't signing then that's the market value

I'd be disappointed if the club were happy to sell Goldson for what we paid for him because he's a far better player now, but that would be down to the club extending his deal. If we don't then we can't realistically expect the £12m+ you'd normally ask for Goldson, same with Tav with 12 months and approaching 30 what will we get £5/6/7m?
Nobody would be happy with losing those 2 stalwarts for a combined say £12m but if they weren't signing then that's the market value
These 2 are in their prime, I wouldn't be accepting anything less than 8-10m each regardless of their contract situation. England would most likely be their destination and they pay the big money as most of them are desperate to stay in the division.

No.

And I have. Many times. Most of them have been quiet the past month or so right enough. ;)

I wasn't arguing what you claim in your initial statement. But since you are bringing that up I will offer my feelings on that separate point too, which I have recently posted on a thread here.

Goldson is ~30, centreback, playing in Scotland, also about to enter his final year.

Realistically £5mil is "good" money for his situation.

Having considered all that, I would keep him next year as I believe his quality on the field would help us get Champions League football and possibly 3rd (or higher if we got very lucky) giving us European football post Christmas. Those 2 things would massively offset £3-5mil in the summer. So, even if Goldson didn't sign a contract extension, I would keep him for next season anyway, risk losing out on a few mil transfer fee in the knowledge that the European monies could massively overshadow that. Also based on the likelihood that a far more sellable asset, like Alfie, will probably leave anyway negating the need to flog Goldson at the probable low market rate of his current contract.
I can see where your coming from, but as I just said above, these players are in their prime now. Not as if their 31/32 with a few years left.

The situation you've described above is in an ideal world, but you then have to think of the players happiness etc and reasons for not signing a new deal. Maybe even a major injury happening that scuppers their last "big" contract.

I just feel that they have performed at a high level domestically and in europe and both have near enough played every minute, I would be reluctant to sell for anything less than 8m but hoping for 10m or above.

I honestly think they'll get around 35-40m for Ajer, Christie and Eduoard if they sell this summer. It's what they do with it that will be interesting.

I can see where your coming from, but as I just said above, these players are in their prime now. Not as if their 31/32 with a few years left.

The situation you've described above is in an ideal world, but you then have to think of the players happiness etc and reasons for not signing a new deal. Maybe even a major injury happening that scuppers their last "big" contract.

I just feel that they have performed at a high level domestically and in europe and both have near enough played every minute, I would be reluctant to sell for anything less than 8m but hoping for 10m or above.

I honestly think they'll get around 35-40m for Ajer, Christie and Eduoard if they sell this summer. It's what they do with it that will be interesting.
They’ll get £5m for Christie £8m for ajer and make their money back on edouard due to what they will owe PSG.

Closer to £25m for the 3 of them IMO.

We’re going off on a myriad of tangents.

I stick to my original point.

I don’t see a CB in Scotland coming off a failure of a season with a year on his contract who is available for free in 4 months being sold for £10-15mil.

We’ll have to wait and see. And we will have to try and decipher the lies in the Scottish press.

But it would be another unprecedented transfer.

There isn’t a history of defenders from the SPL with such short contracts earning such a fee.

We’re going off on a myriad of tangents.

I stick to my original point.

I don’t see a CB in Scotland coming off a failure of a season with a year on his contract who is available for free in 4 months being sold for £10-15mil.

We’ll have to wait and see. And we will have to try and decipher the lies in the Scottish press.

But it would be another unprecedented transfer.

There isn’t a history of defenders from the SPL with such short contracts earning such a fee.
There isn't but these are modern times. He's not available for free in 4 months, it's 12 and clubs won't wait that long. If they identify a target they want them yesterday.

We all know the press lie when it suits them and when it comes to transfer fees for both the old firm clubs depending who's being nice to them at the time.

As you say, we'll just need to wait and see.

They’ll get £5m for Christie £8m for ajer and make their money back on edouard due to what they will owe PSG.

Closer to £25m for the 3 of them IMO.
We'll just need to wait and see. I think they'll get more, has the PSG % been confirmed anywhere credible? or is it the usual made up pish we get now and again?. I hope they get feck all for him but I just find it a bit far fetched how they agreed 9m fee with 40% of the profit?. Doesn't seem right.

Back