Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

O’Donnell is in Clarke’s eyes “steady”. If you look at Patterson in the friendly game he came on and created more in 20 mins than O’Donnell did in 70 mins or something. Always looking to go forward, likes to cut inside, quick. O’Donnell is an spl haddie. Not because he’s tim it’s because he’s shite. Any other country in europe plays their best players that play for big clubs in big games even if they're in their teens. What do we do, “ohhhh he’s not quite got that experience”, so we’ll play O’Donnell who’s in a pish Motherwell team that were close to going down bar the last few games of the season. Gilmour sits out in favour of Christie, who’s been pish all season, and benches Forrest, whilst he been injured most of the season, he’s fit now and can run inside and outside. Can’t understand some of Clarkes selections today.

Yes so will Clarke. Because he knows England will give them a hiding and he can save his favourites from taking the blame.
Personally I don't want Patterson anywhere near the England game for that reason.
Bye Bye Stevie
Likewise.
The starting line up was dugshit as were the subs.
All led by a bias, bigoted trumpet.
The Czechs were no great shakes, but we were rank.

Leaving the two most talented Scottish players on the bench, shows the mark of that particular yahoo.

We will be handed our arse by both England and Croatia and prop up the group with nil points.

Haven't looked at a Scottish team in over ten years and today only confirmed why.

Whilst the yahoos infest and and influence our governing body, far less everywhere else, nothing changes.

Won't be nice watching England hand us our arse, but Clarke deserves all he gets and far better both Patterson and Gilmour are well away from it.

Looking forward to Clarke taking over at the theatre of screams come October, after Angie and the jolly craicsters are handed their arse by all comers.

Last edited:
Likewise.
The starting line up was dugshit as were the subs.
All led by a bias, bigoted trumpet.
The Czechs were no great shakes, but we were rank.

Leaving the two most talented Scottish players on the bench, shows the mark of that particular yahoo.

We will be handed our arse by both England and Croatia and prop up the group with nil points.

Haven't looked at a Scottish team in over ten years and today only confirmed why.

Whilst the yahoos infest and and influence our governing body, far less everywhere else, nothing changes.

Won't be nice watching England hand us our arse, but Clarke deserves all he gets and far better both Patterson and Gilmour are well away from it.

Looking forward to Clarke taking over at the theatre of screams come October, after Angie and the jolly craicster are handed their arse by all comers.
Yes, Clarke going to the Jimmy Savile Dome would be a delicacy to savour.
Let us hope it comes before he totally blights Scotland's chances of world cup qualification.

Just fired up the app and they are labelling the shows as The big match after party with Clyde 1 called Scotland the rave. Nothing like being a bit previous, oh, and completely wrong. Shows who their audience really is = Glasgow Irish?

On a side note compare and contrast the treatment of McLeish with the jakie tramp. Wee pricks like Robertson gushing in his praise for gaffer alkey whilst not a word to defend McLeish when the vultures were hovering overhead.

A little rat bastard, who like his other rattler mates in the squad, and reptillian scum such as Griffiths on social media can get themselves to %^*&.

It's amazing how much we accept failure, the panel seemed to think we played well and defended well its just bad luck we lost 2 0 at home.

Like the scum they created loads of chances which means nothing.

This pathetic attitude is why we go nowhere.

Was thinking about this earlier. Must be what it's like to support a diddy team.

I'm a Scotland fan but you must be off your nut if you think that's a good performance/effort. Having a couple of shots and a spell of possession doesn't equate to that.

O’Donnell is in Clarke’s eyes “steady”. If you look at Patterson in the friendly game he came on and created more in 20 mins than O’Donnell did in 70 mins or something. Always looking to go forward, likes to cut inside, quick. O’Donnell is an spl haddie. Not because he’s tim it’s because he’s shite. Any other country in europe plays their best players that play for big clubs in big games even if they're in their teens. What do we do, “ohhhh he’s not quite got that experience”, so we’ll play O’Donnell who’s in a pish Motherwell team that were close to going down bar the last few games of the season. Gilmour sits out in favour of Christie, who’s been pish all season, and benches Forrest, whilst he been injured most of the season, he’s fit now and can run inside and outside. Can’t understand some of Clarkes selections today.
If you play three at the back then it is because you want to have overlapping full-backs.
These fullbacks have to have attacking skills.
Playing O'Donnell when you have someone like Patterson emerging as a real talent was just plain crazy.

We also had no one in midfield capable of putting a foot on the ball and playing a composed pass in the manner that calms a team down and encourages ball retention.
That Billy Gilmour was sitting unused on the bench was a crime against common sense.
I watched Spain tonight and the most composed player in their midfield was an eighteen-year-old.

Adamas was brought into the fold because he had a Scottish Grandparent and that we lacked a player of his forward technical skills and finishing qualities.
Yet he was left unused until we were behind in the game, whilst the guy selected upfront couldn't trap a bag of cement.
Laughable.

I said a week or so ago that Clarke would fck this up by not picking his best team.
However, it is just one in a long line of such foolishness by Scotland coaches who are often unique in not being able to get top-quality management jobs elsewhere.
I wonder why?

Whether the team selection on Friday is wholesale changes (which I think it should be) or as you were, I don't see us escaping with any sort of result.

I don’t mind the Scotland team as there are some decent players. My issues are the fans are an embarrassment, absolute bell ends. The manger has no idea except long ball and sit back, a more adventurous manager would have taken at least a point off the Czechs.

Clarke failed in our Euro qualification group, we finished third. He was given a lifeline thanks to McLeish getting us into the play-offs. This never gets mentioned.

Clarke's contribution was beating both Israel and Serbia on pens. He didn't win a match in 90 mins to get us to the Euros.

I also remember the reaction when McLeish lost to Israel. They slated him and some were saying it was the worst result in our history. Well Clarke has played Israel four times, he's drawn three (won a pen shootout in one of those matches) and lost one. McLeish did manage to beat them at home which got us into the play-offs.
There was an agenda against McLeish from the moment he was reappointed, kicked off with Scott Brown 'retiring' from international football immediately afterwards. EBT stories getting ramped up by the BBC. When he got the side through to the playoffs there was very little fan fare, particularly from the squad. Khazakstan result was a disaster, and off he went but nobody in his own squad backed him up.

Clarke is not going to progress this side in WC2022 qualifications, and seems the stitching began to unwrap with the disastrous Nations League group performance, against a COVID ravaged Czech side and Israel. Today just highlights it, no surprise to any serious Scotland fan.

It was kick and rush football played at a hundred miles an hour… Our style of football is so far behind the rest of Europe, it’s going to be years before we catch up.

We needed a bit of calmness and composure on the ball but instead we settled for the usual “up at em” style. And then ran out of ideas after an hour.

As much as Tierney is overrated by some, we've basically set the team up to utilize the overlap/exchange between him and Robertson at left centre back and wing back to decent effect recently. Tierney being out today meant the entire shape and system changed and we weren't even remotely prepared for that based on the performance. I'd argue that Patterson and McTominay could've done something relatively similar on the opposite side but O'Donnell absolutely couldn't to our clear and obvious detriment.

Whether the team selection on Friday is wholesale changes (which I think it should be) or as you were, I don't see us escaping with any sort of result.
Honestly, I think Friday will be an utter disgrace of a game. I think Scotland will be completely out of control.

I fully expect Clarke to pick the bitterest, English-hating side he can think of. So, of course, every one of them will be out there:

Marshall, Christie, McGregor, Armstrong, Turnbull, Forrest at RWB (Which will be an unmitigated disaster against Sterling or Grealish) Robertson, Tierney, Gallagher. Basically a team that will be throwing themselves into challenges to end careers and Scotland will be lucky to end the game with 10 men.

I actually foresee one of them going "full BJK" and getting their career ended by trying to "do" an English player that is moving the ball around them with ease.

On a side note compare and contrast the treatment of McLeish with the jakie tramp. Wee pricks like Robertson gushing in his praise for gaffer alkey whilst not a word to defend McLeish when the vultures were hovering overhead.

A little rat bastard, who like his other rattler mates in the squad, and reptillian scum such as Griffiths on social media can get themselves to %^*&.
England victory on Friday for you is it!!!

I felt deflated as soon as I saw the team. Only Scotland could persuade an EPL level player to commit to playing for us and then play Dykes ahead of him. Fears about O'Donnell were well founded as he was abysmal.

I was very disappointed with our midfield as well, they offered very little. Bringing on McGregor who's been poor all season and Forrest who has hardly kicked a ball was baffling when Gilmour stayed on the bench.

That's what happens when we put a negative influence like Clarke in charge though.

I felt deflated as soon as I saw the team. Only Scotland could persuade an EPL level player to commit to playing for us and then play Dykes ahead of him. Fears about O'Donnell were well founded as he was abysmal.

I was very disappointed with our midfield as well, they offered very little. Bringing on McGregor who's been poor all season and Forrest who has hardly kicked a ball was baffling when Gilmour stayed on the bench.

That's what happens when we put a negative influence like Clarke in charge though.
A media clamour for a very average manager, just about sums it up for us

I like Gordon but it's embarrassing how he doesn't call out O'Donnell for being, well, utter shit. I know what he means in that having experience etc., is important, but it's just such an elephant in the room.

There is such an element of favouritism to it as well. Clarke bottled it to drop him.

I like Gordon but it's embarrassing how he doesn't call out O'Donnell for being, well, utter shit. I know what he means in that having experience etc., is important, but it's just such an elephant in the room.

There is such an element of favouritism to it as well. Clarke bottled it to drop him.
Said to people for months how does he get caps? No even just the clamour to get Patterson in but even Forrest would be better, he offers absolutely nothing to the team he’s embarrassing. Clarke and his team selection and substitutes shows he doesn’t have a clue.

Said to people for months how does he get caps? No even just the clamour to get Patterson in but even Forrest would be better, he offers absolutely nothing to the team he’s embarrassing. Clarke and his team selection and substitutes shows he doesn’t have a clue.

Honestly man, I genuinely think the big haddy from St Johnstone would be better than him. He's not even in good form for Motherwell. I used to strongly dislike Kirk Broadfoot when he played for us, but at least he could play his part and knit an attack together. O'Donnell is just a waste of time.

Hugh: "It's the typical aftermath." Like, it isn't: we're watching a bloke tackle his own players because he's so tactically clueless while the best young prospect in the country is sitting on the bench. No wonder people are annoyed.

Honestly man, I genuinely think the big haddy from St Johnstone would be better than him. He's not even in good form for Motherwell. I used to strongly dislike Kirk Broadfoot when he played for us, but at least he could play his part and knit an attack together. O'Donnell is just a waste of time.

Hugh: "It's the typical aftermath." Like, it isn't: we're watching a bloke tackle his own players because he's so tactically clueless while the best young prospect in the country is sitting on the bench. No wonder people are annoyed.
We actually have a really talented team but watching him play a formation and team selection that completely undermines it is awful, he is so far out his depth it’s unreal.

Almost everyone talking about how good that 2nd goal was and it was for them but why has our goal keeper not been slaughtered for being in fecking midfield position?

Wow he deserves to be slaughtered for that! Pathetic!
its the typical turd polishing we see in out media. If that was AM letting in that goal for Rangers do you think it would be the same comments?
If that was the tims losing two nil in Europe theyd be called brave.

Almost everyone talking about how good that 2nd goal was and it was for them but why has our goal keeper not been slaughtered for being in fecking midfield position?

Wow he deserves to be slaughtered for that! Pathetic!
its the typical turd polishing we see in out media. If that was AM letting in that goal for Rangers do you think it would be the same comments?

Honestly, I think Friday will be an utter disgrace of a game. I think Scotland will be completely out of control.

I fully expect Clarke to pick the bitterest, English-hating side he can think of. So, of course, every one of them will be out there:

Marshall, Christie, McGregor, Armstrong, Turnbull, Forrest at RWB (Which will be an unmitigated disaster against Sterling or Grealish) Robertson, Tierney, Gallagher. Basically a team that will be throwing themselves into challenges to end careers and Scotland will be lucky to end the game with 10 men.

I actually foresee one of them going "full BJK" and getting their career ended by trying to "do" an English player that is moving the ball around them with ease.
This is a very silly post

I have never seen anything so outrageously stupid how far this so called professional was up field! Totally disrespectful to the opposition and got deservedly punished!

Was this idiot so comfortable, thick and partially blind that he needed to go up the park to see what was going on or was he playing spot the ball for £250, 000?

If the manager sanctioned this which appears so you have to ask wtf? I could not believe it when I saw it!

52 minutes ffs its not like he was going up for a last minute goal? What about Clarke and his staff why did nobody tell him to get back in goal? Was a good goal that should never have happened! Doubt you would see that at school level or maybe will now?

Last edited:
Back