Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Who knows.

Who saw us losing at home to Hamilton at the beginning of the year.
The doom merchants on here had already given them 6 points v Aberdeen and Hibs. How many did they get, remind me?

Thats the point. Both teams will drop points, and it will happen where we don’t expect it. So, yes, I think they could drop 2 points somewhere in their run of games before the OF.
I would also add that the lack of fans at CP seems to be a leveller due to a key point. Refs. There seems to be a fairer standard of officiating now as the fans can't influence decisions. I give you Hamiltom game their last year. Ref ignored two key issues in run up to their 95th min winner.

I am now officially "baffult".

A Rangers fan who was on made a valid point about their fans dismissive attitude regarding Rangers and used a statement from one of their podcasts to demonstrate how dismissive they were. He then went on to prove the guy in the podcast wrong.

The guy in the podcast had stated that man for man they had the better squad and used the number of internationalists and number of caps to substantiate his claim. The Rangers fan on the phone in merely pointed out the actual number of international players and caps in each squad, with Rangers having the most, and suggested that their inability to see the improvement in Rangers squad was why some of their fans were struggling to cope with the current situation.

The panel totally missed the point.

Here's what baffled me though -

Mark Wilson actually understood it and had to explain it to the rest of the panel.
:)) :)) :))
Brilliant punch-line! :D

I agree with, there is growing expectation from Rangers fans online that they will be dropping points every week and people are going to be disappointed if that's what they think.
No not every week, just unable to put more than 5/6 wins together. It's their insane league winning streaks that has been getting them through the past few seasons. So far this season, they haven't managed it.

Jim Duffy giving me the fücking boak tonight. Has a defence for every negative placed on that mob.
Duffy shows his true colours when the chips are down. Can't understand the wee fan club for this fud on here. He sent an under strength Dundee team out at the piggery when it was neck and neck between us and the mentally challengeds one year. Got murdered 1-5.

Duffy shows his true colours when the chips are down. Can't understand the wee fan club for this fud on here. He sent an under strength Dundee team out at the piggery when it was neck and neck between us and the mentally challengeds one year. Got murdered 1-5.
2002-03 season and, if it's the same game I'm thinking of, I think it finished 6 - 2.

He must have been gutted as the 2 goals they scored effectively won the league for us as we finished level on points and beat them on goal difference by 1 goal :D

2002-03 season and, if it's the same game I'm thinking of, I think it finished 6 - 2.

He must have been gutted as the 2 goals they scored effectively won the league for us as we finished level on points and beat them on goal difference by 1 goal :D
Jim Duffy, Sellik sherrholder. drops his four top players for that game, which was brought forward to midweek to give Sellik more time to preperr for Suvuw.

Fast forward 5 years to 2008, and Liewwell wheels out all his media lackies to perpetuate the myth that Celtic got no help preparing for their European Final, therefore Rangers shouldn't get it either.

Last edited:
Jim Duffy, Sellik sherrholder. drops his four top players for that game, which was brought forward to midweek to give Sellik more time to preperr for Suvuw.

Fsst forward 5 years to 2008, and Liewwell wheels out all his media lackies to perpetuate the myth that Celtic got no help preparing for their European Final, therefore Rangers shouldn't get it either.
Yep Duffy "rested" several players as Dundee had a cup final themselves to prepare for. Fortunately he didn't rest Nacho who, I believe, had a hand in at least one if not both Dundee goals.

So the goals scored by Dundee helped Rangers to the title, the extra few days didn't help his beloved sellik as they lost the UEFA cup final, and the rest didn't help Dundee as they lost the SCF - to Rangers.

Ain't karma a wonderful thing.

You're spot on, it's fake outrage. You see it a lot when we're doing very well – people desperate to be the 'I don't care how well we're doing, I always want better!!' gimp.
That is for the management to address. Right now we have a team to be proud of that just needs our support.

There is a real surge in us all right now, most trying to keep quiet about it but if we keep playing the way we are I don't think I for one can hold it in!

The fact is if you look at any teams fixture list and identify games where you think they may drop points then you are frequently wrong - those are the games where they often do quite well.

It's often the games that you least expect points to be dropped that teams slip up in. Probably due to attitude and assuming themselves that its an easy 3 points.

That's why it's best not to look at a run of fixtures and guess where you may gain or lose ground on your rivals. Focus simply on winning your own games and enjoy the bonus if your competitors falter.

Both teams will drop points and it will occasionally happen when you least expect it.

At present, however, they look more likely than we do to slip up. If they don't then so long as we keep winning then it doesn't matter and it's down to the head to head.
We dropped points last year because we underestimated teams. We also dropped points when the pressure ramped up because we dropped points.

If they drop any more while we keep winning their arses will collapse like ours did last year. No change of manager will help them either imo.

Fsst forward 5 years to 2008, and Liewwell wheels out all his media lackies to perpetuate the myth that Celtic got no help preparing for their European Final, therefore Rangers shouldn't get it either.
Yep Duffy "rested" several players as Dundee had a cup final themselves to prepare for. Fortunately he didn't rest Nacho who, I believe, had a hand in at least one if not both Dundee goals.

So the goals scored by Dundee helped Rangers to the title, the extra few days didn't help his beloved sellik as they lost the UEFA cup final, and the rest didn't help Dundee as they lost the SCF - to Rangers.

Ain't karma a wonderful thing.

I have no problem if you don't like Jim Duffy, but that's just not true. I remember the game. I think the only regular who was missing was Caballero and looking it up now, that seems to be the case.
No way Duffy put out a weakened team to help celtic. Ended up right for the good guys anyway, but let's not make shit up. That's mentally challenged behavior.

Their sense of entitlement will be their downfall, that and the fact we are better than them.

"A divine right to win"? That was the charge levelled at us when we were unhappy about our team performances. Ive yet to hear any commentator throw this at them. Oh no! It seems they're right to complaim about their team even though they're in line to win 12 trophies in a row.

Double standards and bias, fru and fru.

Last edited:
This fake outrage over lack of subs is annoying, I'd understand it and be angry myself if we had Jack available although he didn't help keep our lead in the 1st game. Another argument if we had Aribo or Zungu for some ball retention, they all weren't available. Change the forwards? The lack of legs wasn't with the forwards, Barker for Kent or Itten for Roofe doesn't offer you anything that wasn't already being done

I havem't been on FF much for a few days and the two late Benfica goals kept me out of match threads so I have not seen what has been said. However the comments on the the last two pages have given me the gist of it.
I think your post is absolutely spot on. As I watched the game I was thinking "sub, sub, sub." But I could not think of where a sub would improve things. Barker has a tendency to run into trouble, Big Ced looks promising but Alfie and Roofe were still going strong and as you point out we did not have Jack and Aribo available or even Zunga.
Hagi is promising and can both make and take chances (as his stats show) but his short passing is erratic and his decision making can be poor; he was not the player for that game - although there are games where you would want him brought on.
Our best midfield for a defensive, keep the ball, game is Davis, Kamara and Jack. Arfield is good at upsetting the other team's rhythm and breaking up play. So he plays instead of the unavailable Jack.
We were not undone by a lack of subs. We are about the equal of Benfica and two draws probably reflects our respective abilities. That is quite the progress from our elimination in the first qualifying round three years ago.
I am proud of both the effort and attractive football of our team, and of the manager and entire coaching and scouting team that got us to where we are.

I have no problem if you don't like Jim Duffy, but that's just not true. I remember the game. I think the only regular who was missing was Caballero and looking it up now, that seems to be the case.
No way Duffy put out a weakened team to help celtic. Ended up right for the good guys anyway, but let's not make shit up. That's mentally challenged behavior.

As it happens, I really rated Jim Duffy as a player. Indeed, I thought he was generally underrated, and could read a game very well indeed.

However, I stand by my comments in my earlier post . . . absolutely not made-up shit, so your accusation of mentally challenged behavior is unjustified, inaccurate and actually offensive.

As it happens, I really rated Jim Duffy as a player. Indeed, I thought he was generally underrated, and could read a game very well indeed.

However, I stand by my comments in my earlier post . . . absolutely not made-up shit, so your accusation of mentally challenged behavior is unjustified, inaccurate and actually offensive.
So what players did Duffy leave out? The person to whom you are responding has stated only one player was missing - Cabellero. He claims to have looked it up. I have no idea of who was or was not playing so maybe you could back up your post as you have claimed his is inaccurate.

So what players did Duffy leave out? The person to whom you are responding has stated only one player was missing - Cabellero. He claims to have looked it up. I have no idea of who was or was not playing so maybe you could back up your post as you have claimed his is inaccurate.
Nemsadze, Caballero and Lovell were missing from the team that featured in the cup final. How much each featured that season I'm not sure though.

In addition Dundee substituted both their centre backs during the game against them which was seen as a bit bizarre as neither appeared injured and although they were perhaps not playing particularly well it was seen as a strange move. Think Motherwell may have done something similar in a recent cup tie but its not particularly common unless forced into such a change.

Posted in another thread, Spew made a statement just after the final whistle. "Celtic's greatest manager - Billy McNeil - was sacked".
Is this the start of a distancing from Baw Face & his open secret?

Where do you see them drawing? They have an easy run now its an ideal fixture list for them whereas we're edging closer to the difficult run again. They are having a hard time but let's be realistic domestically they don't drop many points still a long way to go.

Last saturday? last 3 games, DLL

A warning to ALL, we just don't turn up and expect to qualify, we have to compete to win.

We have had 8 years of utter misery and abject struggle to get where we are now, so we know we must keep it going,From today to May 21.

No letting up by our Squad. We are the PEOPLE.

Back