Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

I can see some logic in wanting the scum to beat Aberdeen if (and only if) it means it’s more likely to keep TLB in the job AND there’s no improvement in performances/results AND there’s a fixture pileup ABD they lose the final.

There’s too many potential downsides to them beating Aberdeen. If they lose, they’ll be under the kind of pressure that none of them apart from Broonaldo) have experienced before at that club and even he’ll be in uncharted territory as they start to see the fabled 10* start to slip away. They are a side which has shown they can bounce back quickly and go on a run of wins as a result.

On balance, it’s more likely that a win which would I still some confidence would benefit them more than losing and being able to replace TLB. We have no idea what any new manager would be like, there’s no reason why he would have to be significantly better. So losing and replacing TLB as a result might still not be good for them.

So I’ll stay with my default position of hoping they get hammered in every match with a helping of broken legs to go with it.

For many years I worked in an office beside Keevin's brother (Patrick), who had no interest in football whatsoever. He only ever spoke about Shug once and that was to confirm he was a Celtic fan with a soft spot for his hometown team, Clydebank.
So basically he’s an old bigoted glory hunting bastard!

I can see some logic in wanting the scum to beat Aberdeen if (and only if) it means it’s more likely to keep TLB in the job AND there’s no improvement in performances/results AND there’s a fixture pileup ABD they lose the final.

There’s too many potential downsides to them beating Aberdeen. If they lose, they’ll be under the kind of pressure that none of them apart from Broonaldo) have experienced before at that club and even he’ll be in uncharted territory as they start to see the fabled 10* start to slip away. They are a side which has shown they can bounce back quickly and go on a run of wins as a result.

On balance, it’s more likely that a win which would I still some confidence would benefit them more than losing and being able to replace TLB. We have no idea what any new manager would be like, there’s no reason why he would have to be significantly better. So losing and replacing TLB as a result might still not be good for them.

So I’ll stay with my default position of hoping they get hammered in every match with a helping of broken legs to go with it.

Much better if they get beat tonight and Sunday, keep the pressure mounting for a tricky trip to Fir Park, they won’t pull any trigger on Lennon anytime soon as the costs of sacking and hiring a replacement right now would be huge.

FFS i had to listen to the podcast to hear John. What a bellend of a man. Sounded thick as well as deluded. Just another example of the brain washing going on in the RC schools in modern day Scotland.

FFS i had to listen to the podcast to hear John. What a bellend of a man. Sounded thick as well as deluded. Just another example of the brain washing going on in the RC schools in modern day Scotland.

Where did you get the podcast mate?

I’ve just went into Acast to download last night’s episode and there nothing available for download.

Wonder if there was anything controversial said that would take some extended editing.

I’ve just went into Acast to download last night’s episode and there nothing available for download.

Wonder if there was anything controversial said that would take some extended editing.
Ive just got an iphone podcast app. Downloaded it there.

Their app usually has them first.

So basically he’s an old bigoted glory hunting bastard!
An old work colleague of mines, is one of the nicest people you could meet and wouldn't really bad mouth anybody. He isn't into football or religious beliefs and is a very private person. His wife and Keevins wife are friendly and he has been in his company several times through this friendship. Even he thinks he is a condescending prick of a man, so that tells me all I need to know!

Just listened to last night's, couple of belter. The guy John saying we haven't played anyone yet and constantly referring to "9iar" and a potential quadruple treble. Ironically there was no mention that they haven't played a good side in thag run until now and they are crumbling! Wouldn't have expected the journalists to me toon that though.

The next belter was one of our own, we play the best football in Europe and would beat Barcelona. Steady on lad, its exciting times but we aren't even in the CL yet. Up there with the Helander and Stam call the other night haha.

Be a good listen tonight/tmrw when they are scudded by lille and we win again

You reckon the 18m in bank will be enough to see them till season ticket and EL money in June/July?

They will most definitely be in the red come summer if they don't sell.
No I don't but that's not what you said. They have got the possibility to borrow up to £13m which they have not yet done.

If they don't sell anyone in January or the summer then yes they may utilise some that borrowing, absolutely.

Be careful what you wish for-
Winning the semi final could be the boost they need in the middle of a poor run to kick start a run of domestic victories. It will almost certainly lead to another trophy as they face either a Championship side or the only Premiership side they have truly looked comfortable against. Thus securing their manufactured quadruple treble and giving them another lift.

They have not won in three, are likely to be beaten tomorrow and if the sheep can beat them as we go 9 points clear it means 5 games in two weeks without a win, Europe gone, their quadruple treble fecked and their imaginary 10 hanging in the balance.

They will not recover from that and so long as we keep winning we have nothing to fear and 55 should be ours.

They do not have a replacement for TLB waiting in the wings as they didn't anticipate the events of the last week but are, in all probability, sounding out possible replacements at present. None of whom should worry us.

If they were to get rid of the manager there would likely be a period of time with a caretaker before any replacement came in.

Is a new manager going to transform Duffy into a ball playing centre back or make their keeper start producing saves - no.

Is he going to get funds to build a team in January - doubtful. Based on the financials neither us nor them will be making significant signings in the next window without either selling first or earning decent Europa League money.

So, unlike some, I will not be hoping they win against Aberdeen at the weekend.

I will, as always, want them beaten and I will expect the fallout to be magnificent and to be a contributing factor, not to mention an added satisfaction, as we march to 55.

Agree 1288.

I want them to lose every match they ever play.

The theory that a win keeps Lennon and the other duffers in position doesn’t hold water.

Right now they are not in a position to get rid of Lennon. If they promote from within there’s nobody on the premises gonna improve things.

No ‘name’ manager is gonna touch them in view of what’s gonna hit the fan if they don’t win the league.

Any new capable manager is gonna want a huge wedge in January and that won’t be forthcoming.

Lennon is there for the foreseeable. The Aberdeen game won’t affect that. So c’mon the sheep (spit), we don’t want to give the tramps any encouragement.

The theory that a win keeps Lennon and the other duffers in position doesn’t hold water.

Right now they are not in a position to get rid of Lennon. If they promote from within there’s nobody on the premises gonna improve things.

No ‘name’ manager is gonna touch them in view of what’s gonna hit the fan if they don’t win the league.

Any new capable manager is gonna want a huge wedge in January and that won’t be forthcoming.

Lennon is there for the foreseeable. The Aberdeen game won’t affect that. So c’mon the sheep (spit), we don’t want to give the tramps any encouragement.
Exactly this. What manager wants to be known as the one that didn't them 10*?

The line Kevin’s repeats ad nauseum, the Europe “doesn’t matter” to the Celtic support, who “don’t care” about it, is yet another mint bit of advanced deflection.
Hearing that, which is likely true for the hoards this season however another bad euro run will turn the fiscal screw nicely.
We twin again tonight we have already earned €1m for EL wins, they loose again they have earned €200,000.

If they lose on sunday, their constant success is gone. They won't feel "invincible" any more, they'll be vulnerable. doubt will creep into their minds no matter how much they shrug it off or try to play it down.
We need to capitalise on any slip ups.

The only time any sane Bear should want them to win would be the scenario of them beating another Scottish team on the last day of the league season to mean we win the league and they need the points to finish second. They loose these next two games and they could be in free fall. Winning is a habit. If we’d lifted the LC in December I think we’d have went on to be awarded the league, on second thoughts what I meant was the season would have been null and void.

Winning the semi final could be the boost they need in the middle of a poor run to kick start a run of domestic victories. It will almost certainly lead to another trophy as they face either a Championship side or the only Premiership side they have truly looked comfortable against. Thus securing their manufactured quadruple treble and giving them another lift.

They have not won in three, are likely to be beaten tomorrow and if the sheep can beat them as we go 9 points clear it means 5 games in two weeks without a win, Europe gone, their quadruple treble fecked and their imaginary 10 hanging in the balance.

They will not recover from that and so long as we keep winning we have nothing to fear and 55 should be ours.

They do not have a replacement for TLB waiting in the wings as they didn't anticipate the events of the last week but are, in all probability, sounding out possible replacements at present. None of whom should worry us.

If they were to get rid of the manager there would likely be a period of time with a caretaker before any replacement came in.

Is a new manager going to transform Duffy into a ball playing centre back or make their keeper start producing saves - no.

Is he going to get funds to build a team in January - doubtful. Based on the financials neither us nor them will be making significant signings in the next window without either selling first or earning decent Europa League money.

I will, as always, want them beaten and I will expect the fallout to be magnificent and to be a contributing factor, not to mention an added satisfaction, as we march to 55.
That’s why Killie game is massive for us.
To keep the pressure on and not give a lift to the unwashed.

Correct. We do our job and extend the lead to 9 points and it ramps up the pressure on them.

They appear to be struggling, or at least TLB does, with the pressure at present so let's not provide them any sort of boost.
They’re waiting for us to drop pts and see how we handle it after last yrs collapse.
Every win puts pressure on them.
even more when you see our stats.

I think they are expecting us to drop points tbh. The way they are playing however if we come away from Kilmarnock with the points I believe they will drop points again before we do.
Killie has been our bogey team for a wee while now away on that pitch.
if we win on Sunday
Which I think we will with a goal to spare puts them under more pressure.

If they were to lose tonight, lose the semi at the weekend that would do more harm to their confidence. If they get to the final it’s only one more league game they have to catch up on and if they then win the cup it gives them a lift.

Get them pumped the night, pumped on Sunday and the pressure on Lennon and his team will be absolutely immense. Pressure that hopefully sees the fuckers crumble

They’re waiting for us to drop pts and see how we handle it after last yrs collapse.
Every win puts pressure on them.
even more when you see our stats.
We will, undoubtedly, drop points but I firmly believe there will be no collapse and that the greater strength in depth we now have means we are less likely to drop so many points.

The fact that we have goals from all areas of the pitch and are less reliant on our main goal scorer should also help ensure that we get over the line in some of the tricky games or games we are struggling in.

Timing of any dropped points will be crucial and it is, as you say, important that we take the opportunity to extend our lead this weekend and avoid giving them any sort of boost when they are struggling.

Killie has been our bogey team for a wee while now away on that pitch.
if we win on Sunday
Which I think we will with a goal to spare puts them under more pressure.
You are right we have struggled there on numerous occasions in recent years, however, if it wasn't for an incredible performance from referee John Beaton we probably collect maximum points from our two visits last season.

And dont forget we won the league on that pitch with a quite unbelievable performance of our own - time to create new memories similar to this one :)

Jim Duffy spends five minutes rhyming off excuses for Lennon then says, “I don’t want to make excuses for him”
He done the same thing on Sunday when he was covering their game for Clyde. He wasn't having any criticism of Lennon at all and heard him again last night jumping to his defence.

We will, undoubtedly, drop points but I firmly believe there will be no collapse and that the greater strength in depth we now have means we are less likely to drop so many points.

The fact that we have goals from all areas of the pitch and are less reliant on our main goal scorer should also help ensure that we get over the line in some of the tricky games or games we are struggling in.

Timing of any dropped points will be crucial and it is, as you say, important that we take the opportunity to extend our lead this weekend and avoid giving them any sort of boost when they are struggling.
I can see us dropping points over the season.
But I fully expect us to take 6pts at home to Celtic.
Draw or win away against them unless they spend big and sack Lennon.
only other thing that concerns me more than any is some in our squad catch Covid.
especially playing all these teams-visiting other grounds-travelling in Europe
I also believe we’ve got gears to go up in this season as well.
There’s more to come from us.

Just listened to last night's, couple of belter. The guy John saying we haven't played anyone yet and constantly referring to "9iar" and a potential quadruple treble. Ironically there was no mention that they haven't played a good side in thag run until now and they are crumbling! Wouldn't have expected the journalists to me toon that though.

The next belter was one of our own, we play the best football in Europe and would beat Barcelona. Steady on lad, its exciting times but we aren't even in the CL yet. Up there with the Helander and Stam call the other night haha.

Be a good listen tonight/tmrw when they are scudded by lille and we win again
I heard that guy who said we would beat Barcelona - His name was Sean and when asked who would line up for us tonight he stuttered and said "I'm not very good at naming our team" - Hmmmm a yahoo trying to make us sound deranged me thinks !

Finally a post with some sense regarding them winning or losing the semi-final. Too many on here are predicting that a loss will see Lemon sacked immediately and a world class replacement coming in who will instantly transform them into a winning team who don't concede another goal all season.

In truth, even if they do get an improved manager, the transition to a new style of play/regular line-up could be all the time we need to open up an insurmountable gap. I hope they lose tonight, and against Aberdeen in the cup, and against Motherwell and Hibs, etc, etc...

I heard that guy who said we would beat Barcelona - His name was Sean and when asked who would line up for us tonight he stuttered and said "I'm not very good at naming our team" - Hmmmm a yahoo trying to make us sound deranged me thinks !
My thoughts exactly. Add to the guy from earlier in the week claiming that Helander was as good as Jaap Stam and you start to wonder if this is their new form of entertaining themselves.

"Oor teams pish so let's go on the radio pretendin' tae be Rangers fans pyure claimin' Arfields daen' better than Messi the noo and would defo git in the Barca team"

Last edited:
Ideally, I'd like their game on Sunday to be played during the heaviest freezing rain possible and end 0-0, ET in the same downpour then penalties only for one of them to do a "Rogic" with the last pen possible. Hampden with fans in that scenario would be bad enough but an empty, cavernous Hampden during that would be feckin hilarious(to me anyway)

If they were to lose tonight, lose the semi at the weekend that would do more harm to their confidence. If they get to the final it’s only one more league game they have to catch up on and if they then win the cup it gives them a lift.

Get them pumped the night, pumped on Sunday and the pressure on Lennon and his team will be absolutely immense. Pressure that hopefully sees the fuckers crumble

I wonder what effect it would have on the title odds.

Finally a post with some sense regarding them winning or losing the semi-final. Too many on here are predicting that a loss will see Lemon sacked immediately and a world class replacement coming in who will instantly transform them into a winning team who don't concede another goal all season.

In truth, even if they do get an improved manager, the transition to a new style of play/regular line-up could be all the time we need to open up an insurmountable gap. I hope they lose tonight, and against Aberdeen in the cup, and against Motherwell and Hibs, etc, etc...
I covered this earlier in the thread mentioning 1288 was correct on new manager scenarios. One match at a time, come on Lille.

The scum are the early kick off tomorrow so hopefully if it goes pear shaped during the game in France the calls from tearful Timmy will be golden.
The line Kevin’s repeats ad nauseum, the Europe “doesn’t matter” to the Celtic support, who “don’t care” about it, is yet another mint bit of advanced deflection.
Yet he bangs on about '67 and of course the scum fans did not give 2 hoots for Seville did they. Not! File under Parochial Sh*te from the old bigot. Hmmmm win the EL direct entry to CL and 20 million minimum or a poor league with the biggest wage bill. Decisions decisions!

I can see us dropping points over the season.
But I fully expect us to take 6pts at home to Celtic.
Draw or win away against them unless they spend big and sack Lennon.
only other thing that concerns me more than any is some in our squad catch Covid.
especially playing all these teams-visiting other grounds-travelling in Europe
I also believe we’ve got gears to go up in this season as well.
There’s more to come from us.
I think we can afford to drop another 10 points and that would have us finish on 100

Its in our hands, it doesn't matter what they do.
Simply we keep winning especially against them at Ibrox ,worse case scenario a draw at the Timdome. That gives us a twelve point cushion.
If top six stays same we have three home games and two away K and DU.
What does the supertimcomputer say?

Back