Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

We will, undoubtedly, drop points but I firmly believe there will be no collapse and that the greater strength in depth we now have means we are less likely to drop so many points.

The fact that we have goals from all areas of the pitch and are less reliant on our main goal scorer should also help ensure that we get over the line in some of the tricky games or games we are struggling in.

Timing of any dropped points will be crucial and it is, as you say, important that we take the opportunity to extend our lead this weekend and avoid giving them any sort of boost when they are struggling.

I don’t believe in kicking a man when he’s down.

But for them I’m willing to make an exception.

Dribbling fucking arsehole on just now just about greeting because of everyone ganging up on Lurgan Flopp.

Delicious.

The morra night will be good again.
Bears win another game and another clean sheet.
Tim’s let a 2 nil lead slip.
I actually think tonight’s result might work in our favour. Them getting a result might make them think they are still in the group, resulting in them playing strong sides in the remaining European games, resulting in fatigue and potentially injuries. If they felt they were out of it, they would probably rest more players.

I actually think tonight’s result might work in our favour. Them getting a result might make them think they are still in the group, resulting in them playing strong sides in the remaining European games, resulting in fatigue and potentially injuries. If they felt they were out of it, they would probably rest more players.
No, defeats hurt more. A Lille win would have been far better.

Also, an Aberdeen win may see them lose all confidence for Fir Park and Easter Road.

No, defeats hurt more. A Lille win would have been far better.

Also, an Aberdeen win may see them lose all confidence for Fir Park and Easter Road.
Whilst I know what you mean, it’s impossible to say that they won’t take false hope from tonight, leading to lethargy on Sunday.

I also don’t want Lemon out the door. He is poor and we don’t want someone who knows what they are doing.

Whilst I know what you mean, it’s impossible to say that they won’t take false hope from tonight, leading to lethargy on Sunday.

I also don’t want Lemon out the door. He is poor and we don’t want someone who knows what they are doing.
I think you should read poster 1288's take on a new manager. Lennon thrown out now by his own kind would be fantastic.

There is no quick solution - no big names ready to come in the day after - and no magic wand to fix immediate problems for them. Too many posters think their situation will be improved if he goes, it may actually get worse.

My views on him will never change - the sooner he is out of Scotland the better.

I think you should read poster 1288's take on a new manager. Lennon thrown out now by his own kind would be fantastic.

There is no quick solution - no big names ready to come in the day after - and no magic wand to fix immediate problems for them. Too many posters think their situation will be improved if he goes, it may actually get worse.

My views on him will never change - the sooner he is out of Scotland the better.
To me it depends on the Manager. Rodgers had an immediate impact. I don’t want Desmond splashing the cash similarly.

To me it depends on the Manager. Rodgers had an immediate impact. I don’t want Desmond splashing the cash similarly.
Punted by his own - you can imagine him washing his dirty laundry in public ( not literally, don't want to put you off your breakfast ). Earl on Earl.

They would be in turmoil and disarray for weeks - a rudderless ship.

There would be no quick fix and I feel results on the pitch would get worse for them.

Punted by his own - you can imagine him washing his dirty laundry in public ( not literally, don't want to put you off your breakfast ). Earl on Earl.

They would be in turmoil and disarray for weeks - a rudderless ship.

There would be no quick fix and I feel results on the pitch would get worse for them.
In such circumstances, I would be happy. I fear them sacking Lemon and appointing someone who knows what they are doing, as well as splashing cash in January.

I heard that guy who said we would beat Barcelona - His name was Sean and when asked who would line up for us tonight he stuttered and said "I'm not very good at naming our team" - Hmmmm a yahoo trying to make us sound deranged me thinks !

Good point, never heard his name but I did find it strange he couldn't name the team

Finally a post with some sense regarding them winning or losing the semi-final. Too many on here are predicting that a loss will see Lemon sacked immediately and a world class replacement coming in who will instantly transform them into a winning team who don't concede another goal all season.

In truth, even if they do get an improved manager, the transition to a new style of play/regular line-up could be all the time we need to open up an insurmountable gap. I hope they lose tonight, and against Aberdeen in the cup, and against Motherwell and Hibs, etc, etc...
[/ICODE]
FFS they're no after our Stevie G are they,???

My prediction:

They will find a way to win against Aberdeen on Sunday, the officials will probably assist with this. Lennon will be flavour of the month again.

Next week the will follow that up with defeats to Prague / Motherwell and sugar puff teeth will be axed and blamed for all that is wrong over there.

With any luck Kennedy will take the team until we wrap up the title!

Why don't the panel challenge folk who talk pish?

Apparently lech came for a draw last night (as if that would be a bad thing for them) never came out their own half, cue the panel nodding and agreeing with him.

Lech had 10 shots at our goal with 0 on target, how they managed that without getting out their own half is a fucking mystery. Lech would also finish 4 or 5 in the spl, how they can say this after watching them for 90 mins is a mystery.

Last edited:
Why don't the panel challenge folk who talk pish?

Apparently lech came for a draw last night (as if that would be a bad thing for them) never came out their own half, cue the panel nodding and agreeing with him.

Lech had 10 shots at our goal with 0 on target, how they managed that without getting out their own half is a fucking mystery. Lech would also finish 4 or 5 in the all how they can say this after watching them for 90 mins is a mystery.
French mob would walk our league
Polish mob would be lucky fir top 6

no laughing at the back

Hugh seems to have changed his “Celtic supporters simply do not care about Europe” tune.

Personally, it is hugely encouraging to hear their collective take on last night’s game. Lille (not at full strength) hit the bar, missed a penalty and drew a couple of cracking saves out of Bain. that could just as easily have been 4 or 5 for them - and they were well short of best.

If we were defending as poorly as they are, I’d by very very worried indeed.

Caught up with Wednesday and Thursday show today. The tim who said we haven't beat anyone big in Europe was a good laugh and then Gordon Duncan points out who we've beat and timmy back tracks.

Then something Duncan wouldn't do to a tim and that's interrupt them while talking about our finances like he done with the Rangers fan last night couldn't wait to shut him down.

2 Alec's tonight were a good laugh especially the first one 'where would Poznan finish in our league they came for a draw' and then the 2nd on saying we're rotten. 2 typical bitter mentally challengeds.

Caught up with Wednesday and Thursday show today. The tim who said we haven't beat anyone big in Europe was a good laugh and then Gordon Duncan points out who we've beat and timmy back tracks.

Then something Duncan wouldn't do to a tim and that's interrupt them while talking about our finances like he done with the Rangers fan last night couldn't wait to shut him down.

2 Alec's tonight were a good laugh especially the first one 'where would Poznan finish in our league they came for a draw' and then the 2nd on saying we're rotten. 2 typical bitter mentally challengeds.

Keevins is such a sleekit wee rodent. He cheerleads for Lurgan Flopp, while repeatedly pointing out his 4 consecutive games without a win. I don't think Keevins would be too concerned if the Lardarse was binned in the next week or so.

100%. Never really able to understand a Rangers man that doesn’t want them pumped every time they take to the pitch.
Am with you on that. I would not claim to be in any way uber-staunch but I cannot stand to even watch them. I had a very dear sellik supporting friend (passed away last year) who despaired at my attitude. TBF he watched our European games and loved a football discussion and unusually for them he was capable of rationally discussing the game. He was a Brigton born and bred tim so maybe that influenced him.
I have had a fair few arguments with Thistle, St Mirren etc supporters (very good friends) about the UEFA co-efficient when I say I would rather it was lower than the unwashed progressing in Europe.
Most Bears of my acquaintance feel the same way.

Keevins is such a sleekit wee rodent. He cheerleads for Lurgan Flopp, while repeatedly pointing out his 4 consecutive games without a win. I don't think Keevins would be too concerned if the Lardarse was binned in the next week or so.
Aye he won't have a bad word said about Lennon same with Jim Duffy who has been defending him when he's been on.

I always seem to be in a minority of one when it comes to hugh keevins. Really quite like him and find him pretty fair
AdorableLastingHochstettersfrog-max-1mb.gif

Just listen to the presenter going on and on every night urging filth fans to phone in. FFS stupid its 95% rattlers that phone up. Podcasts are better that 15 seconds skip button works a treat

Just listen to the presenter going on and on every night urging filth fans to phone in. FFS stupid its 95% rattlers that phone up. Podcasts are better that 15 seconds skip button works a treat
Just listen in when they’re struggling.
It really is funny.

I always seem to be in a minority of one when it comes to hugh keevins. Really quite like him and find him pretty fair
We used have bets of how many times he says 10 in a row during a show but it was so many and not wanting to have to listen to the whole show we changed it to how long into the show before he mentions it, the record was 14 seconds.

Back