Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Since we're lacking rabid mentally challengeds tonight I'll chuck in a serious point to that last guy's call - give zero points for a 0-0 draw. If you want something from a game you'll need to score a goal, which is the whole point.

A second point would be that the likes of Aberdeen should be ashamed of the type of football they consistently play. I can understand the teams that could get relegated doing everything they can to scrap a point, but if the SSBs see themselves as a "big" club up here then they should be trying to play football, not American football.
Sorry the first suggestion is daft and would never happen.
Defending your goal is as much a part of football as attacking the opponents goal.

Sorry the first suggestion is daft and would never happen.
Defending your goal is as much a part of football as attacking the opponents goal.
Of course it is. But the object of the game is scoring goals, no? No problem with awarding a point each for a scoring draw. And I'm not going to say that I've never seen a good 0-0. But surely on balance incentivising scoring at least one goal (and "punishing" for not scoring any) would encourage some teams to come out a bit more?

By the way, I'm not necessarily talking about "smaller" teams versus us. I get that there is often a mismatch in those games. I'm talking more in general.

Seems to be a trait on Clyde that folk get well known phrases a bit skew wiff
Don't judge a book by it's cover,
not a person by his cover!

Can you tell it's been a dull night

The entire current "invincibles" thing is flawed, whether its us this season, or the Brendan one they had a few years ago.

When it comes to Invincibles, there's only one team that merits that distinction and it is Rangers from season 1898/99: played 18, won 18, drawn nil, lost nil.

END OF!
It's a tedious argument.

Arsenal went through a league campaign undefeated and are known as the Invincibles. The scum copied the tag after Rodgers first season. Now we have poets setting out the parameters of an "invincible" season as though they coined it.

Win every game to the end of the season Rangers and it's the most impressive league campaign ever. And it wouldn't be against a rival that had been hamstrung but against one that's worth "hunners of mullions"

Since we're lacking rabid mentally challengeds tonight I'll chuck in a serious point to that last guy's call - give zero points for a 0-0 draw. If you want something from a game you'll need to score a goal, which is the whole point.

A second point would be that the likes of Aberdeen should be ashamed of the type of football they consistently play. I can understand the teams that could get relegated doing everything they can to scrap a point, but if the SSBs see themselves as a "big" club up here then they should be trying to play football, not American football.
Zero points for 0-0 is nonsense.
A team can get 0 for getting skelped 8-0 but other team get 2 me sent off and hold out for a 0-0 and they get zero points? Not for me.
Bonus point for every 5 goals you have positive in GD. Will promote goal scoring across the season

Of course it is. But the object of the game is scoring goals, no? No problem with awarding a point each for a scoring draw. And I'm not going to say that I've never seen a good 0-0. But surely on balance incentivising scoring at least one goal (and "punishing" for not scoring any) would encourage some teams to come out a bit more?

By the way, I'm not necessarily talking about "smaller" teams versus us. I get that there is often a mismatch in those games. I'm talking more in general.
What if a team 'comes out' play great and hit the bar 3 times or the opposition goalie makes wonder save after save? They still keep a clean sheet but are punished for not scoring?

Football is what it is mate, people try and complicate and change a relatively simple game. It will always be the case that some teams will do things better than others usually based on the ability of the players involved. It's why there's a thing called tactics.

Look at the home game vs Villareal a couple of seasons ago, an absolutely thrilling 0-0 and really enjoyable. Imagine walking away that night having not gained a point for your efforts!!

What if a team 'comes out' play great and hit the bar 3 times or the opposition goalie makes wonder save after save? They still keep a clean sheet but are punished for not scoring?

Football is what it is mate, people try and complicate and change a relatively simple game. It will always be the case that some teams will do things better than others usually based on the ability of the players involved. It's why there's a thing called tactics.

Look at the home game vs Villareal a couple of seasons ago, an absolutely thrilling 0-0 and really enjoyable. Imagine walking away that night having not gained a point for your efforts!!
Not arguing that those things can and have happened mate - just thinking in general it might promote a slightly more attacking outlook from some teams.

Unlikely to happen though, as you say.

Zero points for 0-0 is nonsense.
A team can get 0 for getting skelped 8-0 but other team get 2 me sent off and hold out for a 0-0 and they get zero points? Not for me.
Bonus point for every 5 goals you have positive in GD. Will promote goal scoring across the season
What if you have a succession of valiant 0-0s all season mate.... or indeed 3-3s all season ;)

Back