Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

IMG-20210224-191810-e.jpg

Catchy
See post # 21,926 :))

Nice wee virtual pint for any bear calling in with Steven Robinson. Knows the league, will guarantee 2nd place. Stolen from a thread earlier in the year.

Should start a sweep to see who they get!
I’m going for some lady's front bottom I’ve never heard of or equally John Kennedy?

AJER £2.97, Christie €1, French Boydy €11 only cos he is compared to Boydy. The rest, %^*& all.
Between covid, their contracts and the fact they want away I don’t think they’ll be getting what they might have. Even if they can bring in £35m, that’s not a lot of money for the amount of players they need. But given their recent recruitment I think it’s other appointments that’ll decide how well they do with any rebuild. They have a lot of people to bring in who need to hit the ground running and work well together or it’s going to be costly and allow us to move ahead.

Between covid, their contracts and the fact they want away I don’t think they’ll be getting what they might have. Even if they can bring in £35m, that’s not a lot of money for the amount of players they need. But given their recent recruitment I think it’s other appointments that’ll decide how well they do with any rebuild. They have a lot of people to bring in who need to hit the ground running and work well together or it’s going to be costly and allow us to move ahead.
Hopefully they have brave John as the man to pull it all together.

I don’t see Xabi Alonso leaving Spain unless it’s for an EPL job

Iniesta is earning £22.25m a year in Japan but sure he’ll join sellick for £1.5m a year as manager and a chance to play Inverness Caley or Brechin

And Xavi is earning £10m a year in Qatar and probably lives in a gold palace built by an oil sheikh but sure he’ll swap that for a flat in the west end of Glasgow in pishing rain

B-D

I don’t see Xabi Alonso leaving Spain unless it’s for an EPL job

Iniesta is earning £22.25m a year in Japan but sure he’ll join sellick for £1.5m a year as manager and a chance to play Inverness Caley or Brechin

And Xavi is earning £10m a year in Qatar and probably lives in a gold palace built by an oil sheikh but sure he’ll swap that for a flat in the west end of Glasgow in pishing rain

B-D
And getting attacked in the car park for losing a league cup game.

The delusion is side-splitting!

They think that because the likes of the ex-Barca guys have been nice about their atmosphere in interviews with local media on Champions League nights (before going on to humiliate them) that they would jump at the chance to manage them.

And the likes of Moyes, who has managed Man Utd, would leave West Ham after their best season for years to manage the likes of Taylor & Welsh in the plastic pitch league, with no money to spend.

Has anyone mentioned Lambo or Jack Ross yet - they might be a tad closer to being candidates...

Has articulated Lawrie been on recently?
I suspect, nay, I am filled with certainty the A-forementioned Mr A Laurie, esq, of the Parish of Dennistoun, will remain silent on such matters until thy dust settles. It is decreed that he will return cometh the 25th or indeed 26th day of them month of February in the year Two Thousand and Twenty One.

Keep in mind, they didn't fire or "resign" their head of recruitment. A guy who pissed away their budget two-years in-a-row.

Nearly crashed my can when the tim suggested Benetiz as director of football, then Xavi and iniesta as manager and assistant. Would most likely be 30 million in wages. Quite why Andy Halliday didn’t burst out laughing is beyond me. Let’s be honest they’re gonna get someone who is out of work or if they can pay compo Steve Clark.

Keep in mind, they didn't fire or "resign" their head of recruitment. A guy who pissed away their budget two-years in-a-row.
This guy bumming that he doesn’t need to leave his house in the cotswold to do his job because his system is so great and he’s got 240 players on it? I wonder if they’ll keep pumping the cash through him to sit in the house watching youtube clips of Doofy scoring own goals and getting sent off.

Back