Clyde 1 Clown Call-In Clinic thread * MERGED *

Rangers, League winners and unbeaten in Europe until March, and they're debating who should be Manager of the Year. Just mental.
Took us from a team that mentally collapsed to a force in Europe and a massive domestic turnaround in a possiblly unbeaten season.
It's only when we win something that the "nuances" involved in Manager of the Month/Season appear.
St Johnstone's achievements will be a springboard to more obscurity.
Ultimately I don't know why it's a discussion. I doubt Gerrard or most Rangers fans really care.
Get the raging Tims on.

Took us from a team that mentally collapsed to a force in Europe and a massive domestic turnaround in a possiblly unbeaten season.
It's only when we win something that the "nuances" involved in Manager of the Month/Season appear.
St Johnstone's achievements will be a springboard to more obscurity.
Ultimately I don't know why it's a discussion. I doubt Gerrard or most Rangers fans really care.
Get the raging Tims on.

Spot on,mate. We keep hearing how its about what you do in Europe that counts, but apparently not this season. Its utterly laughable the mental gymnastics being said and printed.

Steve Clarke!!!
We qualified for a major tournament with a "next goal's the winner" route to the finals.
Even then it was more "No, not that goal. The next goal is the real winner".

Don't disagree with what you're saying but understand the chat around Davidson to be honest he's done a good job there.
Put it this way, had celtic won the league this year, even if they just scraped it there wouldn't even be a discussion about who the manager of the year is. But because it is us everyone is screaming for whoever they can think of to get it as long as it is not Gerrard.

Are people seriously suggesting that a Manager nominated for MOTY who, in the Scottish Premier League, is FIFTY-TWO points behind another nominated Manager who actually WON the Scottish Premier League (and by early March as well) should win the MOTY based on one Cup win and the possibility of another??????

Is that for F*kking real????????

Last edited:
Not a surprise . “ Gerrard not making a cup final goes against him it has to be Davidson “ not a mention of two years on the trot making the last 16 in Europe , when his beloved team done Fck all for years except embarrass themselves in Europe
He's a dick!

Steven Gerrard should be in the running for European Manager of the Year, never mind Scottish.

Rangers stats this season compare very favourably with Europe's elite clubs, and he's done all that on a comparatively modest budget.

If Howe is already done, the delay in telling their supporters is beyond inexplicable.
My "source" (my mate) told me it was due to the fact his Bournemouth contract is still technically active. So they're waiting for that to end this summer before formally announcing.

Possible pish but wasn't beyond the realms of possibility

Put it this way, had celtic won the league this year, even if they just scraped it there wouldn't even be a discussion about who the manager of the year is. But because it is us everyone is screaming for whoever they can think of to get it as long as it is not Gerrard.
Again I agree with you there should only be 2 candidates and that's Davidson and Gerrard and I think Gerrard will win it.

The other 2 choices are a nonsense to be honest since Livingstons run stopped they've won 1 of their last 10 league games so not sure why Martindale is in the running now.

Don't disagree with what you're saying but understand the chat around Davidson to be honest he's done a good job there.
Yip winning a handful of cup games, some against low league opposition is comparable to going through a top flight season unbeaten and reaching last 16 in Europa and only being beaten in 1 game on the way.
Anyone else than Gerrard for MOTY is just sour grapes

My "source" (my mate) told me it was due to the fact his Bournemouth contract is still technically active. So they're waiting for that to end this summer before formally announcing.

not pish, he would forego a wedge if he takes a job before his seaside contracts up.
not to say hes not orchestrating moves or releases.

Yip winning a handful of cup games, some against low league opposition is comparable to going through a top flight season unbeaten and reaching last 16 in Europa and only being beaten in 1 game on the way.
Anyone else than Gerrard for MOTY is just sour grapes
Again i agree it should be Gerrard but I can see the argument for Davidson that is all I am saying. The people voting for managers are same people who tell us we aren't a good side every week but it will and should be Gerrard that gets it.

Signing of the season debate now is either Lafferty or Nisbett.

What about Roofe??????

Honest to God, totally blinkered view of Scottish Football.

F*kk, time to turn this sh*te off.

Some ridiculous arguments being put forward now to justify anybody but Gerrard.

So now we have to ignore Europe and penalize teams with higher budgets.

Only in Scotland.

not pish, he would forego a wedge if he takes a job before his seaside contracts up.
not to say hes not orchestrating moves or releases.
He can announce he will joining them from 1st July if Bournemouth have advised him that his contract is not being renewed and it expires on 30th June,

The crash barriers have went from boasting about winning 10iar and thinking that if they did make the ten then rangers would go bust to - trying to start a campaign to downplay and stop Gerrard winning manager of the year its all they have left hahaha

Last edited:

They don’t need to wait but they’d need to pay the remainder of his contract

Have I missed anything tonight? Didn't tune in because I knew that big droning boring tumble drier heeded Chunt Caldwell was going to be on. The only way you could top that is If you added Steven pressley to the mix.

I think synde has peaked ... when articulated Laurie goes on a free you know its over.

Just surprised articulated didn't make a song n dance on air saying he was heading for pastures new.

Back