Clyde caller: "Ah've got sympathy for Neil Lennon cos... erm... ah'm a red-head ma'sel"

As a ginge, how much sympathy have you for Neil Lennon?

• Loads - People without souls must stick together

Votes: 16 8.9%
  • A little - But I have sunstroke due to an 80W lightbulb

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • Sod all - Like Bomber Brown (and SM's kid) I'm a carrot & I hate the turd

Votes: 159 88.3%

• Total voters

SM™

Staff member
Cynics may say that he paused and gave a dishonest reason for having a soft spot for the turd. Been suggested he only said red hair on the grounds that you can't say "He's a Provo and he hates the huns" on the radio.

Unless you're Stuart Cosgrove.

But I'm in no position to judge. Had blonde hair as a wee boy, then it darkened due to Scotland's sun-free environment, and I shaved it off at 19 and it didn't grow back.

So, Factor 500 Sun-Cream Loyal types, do you feel sorry for Neil the Victim because he's ginger too?

Questionnaire open to both red-hair/fair-skin types and teabags.

So, Factor 500 Sun-Cream Loyal types, do you feel sorry for Neil the Victim because he's ginger too?

Questionnaire open to both red-hair/fair-skin types and teabags.
Not all gingers are created equal.

My lassies are tall (5'9 and 5'11), leggy, ginger and gorgeous with good teeth. They make TLB look like a different species. Lennon is definitely at the shitty end of the ginge food-chain.

And naw...some standards are made to be broken :cool:

My Mrs has often said I have never grown up.

In the spirit of much childlike behaviour, I just want to repeat an old favourite playground chant.

Ginger hair is unacceptable.

Ginger jokes should be a hate crime, what's the difference between slagging someones skin colour compared to slagging their hair colour?

My lassies are tall (5'9 and 5'11), leggy, ginger and gorgeous with good teeth. They make TLB look like a different species. Lennon is definitely at the shitty end of the ginge food-chain.

The heatwave-hiding sub-species can be broken into two sub-categories.

Straight red and ghostly white variant - Reasonable manner, some very nice burds, given a bad name by the other group. And I'm not just saying that because she makes the tea and wee Captain Carrot will be able to kick my head in within the next 15yrs.

Frizzy-carrot teabag growling variant - Likely to start a fight with themselves or drive a car into a wall at 120mph just to get some anger & hatred out.

Unfortunately I was denied a government grant so the skull-measuring part of the project was shelved. :)

The heatwave-hiding sub-species can be broken into two sub-categories.

Straight red and ghostly white variant - Reasonable manner, some very nice burds, given a bad name by the other group

Frizzy-carrot teabag growling variant - Likely to start a fight with themselves or drive a car into a wall at 120mph just to get some anger & hatred out

Unfortunately I was denied a government grant so the skull-measuring part of the project was shelved. :)
What you really mean is only the second variant let you pump them

Ginger people are white. White people cannot be victims because they're all racist. (Source: BBC & Guardian)

And my 5yo called me baldy yesterday. Hamas Useless ain't gonna protect us.
The laws a complete ass. It needs binned.

Ginger people are white. White people cannot be victims because they're all racist. (Source: BBC & Guardian)

Ah but the only people in the world with red hair are northern Europeans of viking ancestry. Red hair is a racial trait. Therefore, to dis the great ging people of the world is racist. And Diane Abbot says the recipient gets to decide what is racist so that's me convinced

Excellent! You're on a roll tonight, mate!

Last edited:
Ah but the only people in the world with red hair are northern Europeans of viking ancestry. Red hair is a racial trait. Therefore, to dis the great ging people of the world is racist. And Diane Abbot says the recipient gets to decide what is racist so that's me convinced
You're nearly right.

It's racist if it's whitey saying, "It'll be warmer where you're from," or, "How different is a real curry from what we eat here?"

Well worth jail. No-one who's reasonable would think otherwise.

But if a load of brown women are shouting "White slags!" at child-abuse victims raped hundreds of times above a kebab shop by their brothers/husbands/cousins/fathers/sons in exchange for a bottle of Merrydown...

...that's not racist.

(How did I end up taking the piss out of the judicial system in a thread about a tim being a loony?) :)

Any pics mate. I love red headed lassies:)

I have a family with gingers all the way through it and none of them has any time for Lennon - nor should they!

Can usually tell it’s all the baldies that come on and rip into gingers.
Not the best shade of colour for your hair obviously but it’s definitely better than being a baldie.

Just seen that "what hair colour has everyone got" thread got pulled. How the hell did that go south?!? Lol

Guess we'll never know how many Gin'Gers there are out there now...

Not being a Fanta panter I don’t really have a horse in this race, but if I’m being honest I do possess a morsel of pity for our treacle toothed friend (or possibly just fiend) from Lurgan, because the colour of ones hair is largely academic if your fizzer resembles some kind of bloated, weeping animal carcass that’s been left in the sea too long.

It is just a morsel though, a speck, like a tiny bit of rotten cabbage that’s been stuck between your teeth for several weeks because you’re too drink depressed to bother cleaning them anymore.

Which, funnily enough, is also a bit like a certain ginger someone we know.

Last edited:

Absolutely, I married one.
Not one of your daughters btw

Went out with a redhead for 6 months amazing lassie, but it all went downhill when I called her Fanta pants when pished on a Saturday after the football when she asked when I was coming home she then launched into a 3-hour rant on how she was auburn and not ginger when I stumbled in the door.

Has there ever been a ginger that's went on to great things?? Genuine question. Just wondering if their genetic predisposition is some sort of handicap? I'm sure there is some but I can only think of that guy that won a medal in Olympics for the long jump and I don't think that counts as its just jumping into sand.

Has there ever been a ginger that's went on to great things?? Genuine question. Just wondering if their genetic predisposition is some sort of handicap? I'm sure there is some but I can only think of that guy that won a medal in Olympics for the long jump and I don't think that counts as its just jumping into sand.
George Washington, Winston Churchill, Van Gogh were all apparently redheads.
In more recent times, Boris Becker and the guy in the Harry Potter movies.
But the best redhead of all is of course Isla Fisher.

George Washington, Winston Churchill, Van Gogh were all apparently redheads.
In more recent times, Boris Becker and the guy in the Harry Potter movies.
But the best redhead of all is of course Isla Fisher.
Can you count Ron Weasley as a great?? And you can't mention Borats missus without including a picture.

Can you count Ron Weasley as a great?? And you can't mention Borats missus without including a picture.
Ron Weasley made a great amount of money for doing pretty much nothing, tens of millions apparently.
That goes down as a great in my book.:))
Still trying to figure out how to post pics or I would.

Back