Clyde FC Club Statement - RE Hearts Proposal

Greenisland Bear

Club Statement: Hearts' Proposal

Sat, 30th May 2020 10:39am
We have reviewed the current Hearts reconstruction document in detail and recognise the challenge faced by Ms Budge to deliver a solution that is appropriate across all 42 SPFL clubs.
The document raises the major points of relevance, in particular the underlying threat to Scottish Football from Covid-19. If we have a criticism, it is that it is a top down approach which fails to give due regard to teams outside the Premiership. It lacks the independence of thought that might have delivered a truly holistic solution across all of the leagues and those outside the SPFL. That criticism is not aimed at Ms Budge’s attempts, nobody who is not wholly independent can do other than have particular regard to their own club.

The core of the proposal - to a top 14 - seems to be the most urgent matter to be resolved, as we appreciate the central revenue generating league requires clarity for a number of commercial and practical reasons.
However, that clarity is critical for the other clubs across the leagues as well. The reality is that the landscape for returning to football remains uncertain, particularly for the clubs below Premiership level. The financial resources and sustainability of clubs when testing costs of perhaps £120,000 per season per club, perhaps with no crowds and no hospitality, are still unknown factors. These major factors might become clearer in the coming weeks or months, so it seems premature to enforce a structure across the rest of the leagues simply because it appears to work for the Premiership.

In these special circumstances it would make more sense to find a way to resolve the situation for the Premiership, then allow the remaining teams to develop their own solution in the coming months, having regard to the factors that they find themselves facing. Of course, it is a fact that the rules do not currently allow for such an approach, but in special circumstances there has to be a way to deal with the challenges we face.

The simple 3 x 14 solution proposed by Hearts implies that the teams below the Premiership could essentially look after themselves, but this should not automatically require a structure of two leagues of 14. It actually makes sense to allow those clubs to draw up their own solution and at that point factoring in the review of the pyramid structure below.
The Hearts paper points to the possibility that some clubs might not play at all in the coming season. That is a serious and concerning issue for clubs, so setting a new structure now, when clubs might decide to ‘mothball’ for a season, risks further disruption, and perhaps the loss of all football for all clubs below the Premiership. Far better to establish who can and cannot play with the clearest possible view of the future, with perhaps a deadline set for when clubs decide.

Decisions on the future structure of football in Scotland are being made unnecessarily quickly. This should not be a conversation about reconstruction as such, it should be a conversation about how we can structure football so that as many teams as are able can take to the field as soon as possible.

The information that should inform the structure of the leagues will be as much to do with how many clubs can play, and when the leagues can start. These decisions will be driven by the public health messages that clubs can respond to. At the moment, 3 x 14 is not necessarily a solution for the teams below the Premiership and any rush to put such a structure in place fails to recognise what the current public health measures and financial challenges mean for clubs.
Despite all the challenges our club faces and the difficulties which have been exacerbated by Covid-19, we continue to aspire to progress under the existing structure. On that basis, we have no intention of voting for a proposal that fails to resolve the issue in a manner that addresses the concerns of all clubs in membership of the SPFL.

No surprise. Reconstruction is only to save hearts. The other clubs can’t afford behind closed doors or testing so why would they really care.

Hearts made their bed they can fkn well lie in it.

Zero sympathy for them, a club who should be our natural allies against the filth and animals which pollute - and currently run - our game yet they are so pathetic, insipid and self loathing to actually have the balls to stand up not only for themselves but what’s right.

That old trout Budge is a joke.

Hope they go to the wall and are never heard of again for all I care. poet bitches

%^*& them, no sympathy for them. As previously said they should be our natural allies but are just as bitter sometimes.

Hearts made their bed they can fkn well lie in it.

Zero sympathy for them, a club who should be our natural allies against the filth and animals which pollute - and currently run - our game yet they are so pathetic, insipid and self loathing to actually have the balls to stand up not only for themselves but what’s right.

That old trout Budge is a joke.

Hope they go to the wall and are never heard of again for all I care. poet bitches
This is why the tims are running everything, divide and conquer

The point about independence of thought made me laugh. That’s supposed to come from the body, however, Peter hasn’t made his mind up yet what’s best for everyone.

The best point he makes is that their needs to be a fixed deadline for clubs to decide if they are playing next season or not.

We can't keep rumbling on with "some clubs may mothball" nonsense. You either want to play next season or shut the %^*& up.

They all caused this by voting to end the season. Have no sympathy for them.

I have long wanted league reconstruction but didn't want it that bad I was prepared to hand out titles for it

The point they're all missing is that the executive or decision makers should be doing what's best for everyone. Letting agenda driven clubs decide matters is a complete disgrace.

Two league's of 18 for me. The Clyde statement makes sense I suppose. Let's find out which clubs can actually play games behind closed doors and take it from there. Might end up with less than 18 teams in the 2nd Division.

And once they drop out keep them out the pro leagues. We need a cull anyway.

Reads to me that they are happy to go along with anything proposed as long as they get some kickback.
They can mothball their club for a year with the top people sharing a couple of hundred thousand between themselves and be ready to go next again season.

Budge was on radio Scotland today saying she is not tied to her proposal - she just wants to get a dialogue going -she is not doing herself any favours!

She now knows her fresh proposal is as dead as her first one and is now leaving the door open for someone else to come forward with a proposal that will gain the necessary support.

You can bet that the corrupt SPFL will magically find a way of putting a proposal forward that will save Hearts and avoid court action, nothing surer.

End of the road for Hearts, good riddance. No support for us 2012, must have thought they would be safe in The mentally challengeds camp. All comes tumbling down now, poets walk away with a league they did not win, that guarantees them another Champions League pot of gold, stuff everyone else Hearts included. This time Jambo there is no road back. There will be a Hearts in the future but it’s The Kelty version. They play in the same colours anyway !!

So Hearts to go into admin then aye? Do t see any other way out of it
Either admin or sell players. Leaving them down to bare bones. Some of the players wont want to keep playing with a big cut on earnings.

Did Clyde shit the bed on the original vote? And are now quite happy to sit in their own shit and die

I said before that I had a soft spot for hearts until 2012. It’s difficult to wish what we went through to happen to other genuine supporters. Hearts have been in the mire as a club for over 10 years and have taken the piss out of their fans time & time again. Id rather it was the mentally challengeds, Hibs or Aberdeen in their position. Dark days ahead for them and others

Hearts being relegated via a vote that was essentially used to hand celtic the title shouldnt sit right with anyone. We lost in this battle too.
we certainly did to the potential sum of 30 million for CL football ,not withstanding their tainted and hallow title but the tarts and and spam fudge didn't give a toss about what we had to lose now or in 2012 so f... them .one thing is abundantly clear in Scottish football .rangers are on their own.
any other club that sides with us now and then does so out of vested interest.
I would maybe offer a bit of leeway to ICT as they stood up to the bully's with no real gain to be had but the rest can go take a flying f... to themselves.
not having a go at you supersonic .just my thoughts on it all

Reconstruction isn’t happening is it .

maybe Ann can get her philanthropist pals to fund the legal challenge,I mean if they were gonna chuck cash down the drain anyway here’s a good use

These clubs quote simply should not be allowed to “mothball“ the season thereby subjecting those in the league who want or need to play to the same fate. I believe if you can’t fulfill your fixtures come August then you should be expelled or at the very least relegated to the bottom league. I’ll bet Kelty Hearts and Brora Rangers would be willing to play come August, first two clubs to say they can’t play should be replaced.

How can 3 proffesional football leagues be allowed to take a year off when in all likelihood come August you can drive 150 miles south and watch football at all levels

Yet another example of a tiny proportion of tiny clubs getting to dictate the terms of at least 3 leagues. Tail wagging the bloody dog

Back