Clyde SSB is only a football and a football business show only do not phone about anything else

My reply from a Mr Graham Bryce from Radio Clyde after being put onto him from his bosses in England so there it is in black and white, they will happily talk about face painters and newsagents not being payed a couple of hundred quid but the most disgusting crimes of all at a football club canny be talking about that ..... Here is his reply

Hi John
Your email below has been passed to me.
As you will be aware Superscoreboard is a show on Clyde 1, a station that is designed to principally entertain our listeners in the West of Scotland with a mixture of great popular music, news and information and engaging presenters.
Our Superscoreboard show works really hard to be completely impartial and to reflect in a balanced way the views of all sides in any debate.
Within this we have to take editorial judgements on what elements we feel it is right to broadcast within an entertainment program.
We have taken the editorial judgement that any discussion of child sex abuse allegations are inappropriate for an entertainment program with a family target in mind. You will understand that we are also governed by strict OFCOM regulations on our content and its appropriateness for a family audience.
Whether those accusations were against any football club or people affiliated to any club we would treat them equally regardless of their affiliation.
It is our view that we should only discuss matters relating to football or the business of running football clubs.
We fully understand the desire by some for these matters to be discussed on the show but feel it is outwith the editorial boundaries of our entertainment program and our station and that other organisations are better placed to discuss, report and debate these matters.
I hope this gives you a greater understanding of our decision on this matter.
Best regards
Graham
To be honest a don’t think a phone in radio show is the place to talk about it. News and other media should be covering the story more though.

Not going to be popular, I actually agree, I don't believe child abuse should be discussed on a football show.

There is a 2 page thread on here calling out an MSP for comparing both the financial situation and the child abuse cases. Clyde are basically saying the same as everyone as those sharing their outrage on that thread, there is no comparison and it is not something that should be compared.

One is ok to talk about on a football show as it had a direct impact on us and football, the other is child abuse.
Totally agree.

Quite different to how American media outlets reported the Penn State abuse, news stations, sports stations, music radio shows, talk radio shows.
Who was that non sport channel who produced the award winning documentary series 30 for 30 'We are' was the title 9f the horrific Penn State chapter.
I think it was ESPN???!!

Kids sexually abused playing football for the boys club of CFC and covered up by CFC....not football related and not to be discussed

One of many reasons why I no longer listen to this shite

Would it be at all possible to organise something like a bombardment of Celtic's sponsors on a set day? Say for example, pick the 1st of June and everyone bombard Dafabet with emails enquiring their views on the Celtic paedophilia cover up and whether they want to be associated with such an organisation. Clearly they can ignore 1 or 2 emails, but if thousands were all to email them on same day, it might get noticed. Ask them if they feel it will be good PR when shirts bearing their brand name are shown in news articles worldwide when the compensation claims start coming in.

Then the next day, bombard another sponsor and so on.

Would it be at all possible to organise something like a bombardment of Celtic's sponsors on a set day? Say for example, pick the 1st of June and everyone bombard Dafabet with emails enquiring their views on the Celtic paedophilia cover up and whether they want to be associated with such an organisation. Clearly they can ignore 1 or 2 emails, but if thousands were all to email them on same day, it might get noticed. Ask them if they feel it will be good PR when shirts bearing their brand name are shown in news articles worldwide when the compensation claims start coming in.

Then the next day, bombard another sponsor and so on.

Exactly. On a certain day everyone should send stuff like this to their major sponsors with the one question of why are they allowing themselves to be associated with a toxic brand such as Piggery FC ?

Just an update on emails and Twitter messages I sent to every sponsor and partner of celtic football club, I received an email from one of them today saying their internal team are looking into it obviously for watching tramps about I won't name sponsor on here.
Only need one to fold and the rest will surely waken up

They will be sorry when this blows up it will be everywhere and they can't say anything cause they are only a football show lol
Won't look good on them if they decide to speak about it after their statement

My reply from a Mr Graham Bryce from Radio Clyde after being put onto him from his bosses in England so there it is in black and white, they will happily talk about face painters and newsagents not being payed a couple of hundred quid but the most disgusting crimes of all at a football club canny be talking about that ..... Here is his reply

Hi John
Your email below has been passed to me.
As you will be aware Superscoreboard is a show on Clyde 1, a station that is designed to principally entertain our listeners in the West of Scotland with a mixture of great popular music, news and information and engaging presenters.
Our Superscoreboard show works really hard to be completely impartial and to reflect in a balanced way the views of all sides in any debate.
Within this we have to take editorial judgements on what elements we feel it is right to broadcast within an entertainment program.
We have taken the editorial judgement that any discussion of child sex abuse allegations are inappropriate for an entertainment program with a family target in mind. You will understand that we are also governed by strict OFCOM regulations on our content and its appropriateness for a family audience.
Whether those accusations were against any football club or people affiliated to any club we would treat them equally regardless of their affiliation.
It is our view that we should only discuss matters relating to football or the business of running football clubs.
We fully understand the desire by some for these matters to be discussed on the show but feel it is outwith the editorial boundaries of our entertainment program and our station and that other organisations are better placed to discuss, report and debate these matters.
I hope this gives you a greater understanding of our decision on this matter.
Best regards
Graham

Why dont you ask him if we are still allowed to talk about Rangers Tax Case like we were nightly through 2011-2014 and beyond..... Ask him if that is still regarded as ENTERTAINMENT!

Not going to be popular, I actually agree, I don't believe child abuse should be discussed on a football show.

There is a 2 page thread on here calling out an MSP for comparing both the financial situation and the child abuse cases. Clyde are basically saying the same as everyone as those sharing their outrage on that thread, there is no comparison and it is not something that should be compared.

One is ok to talk about on a football show as it had a direct impact on us and football, the other is child abuse.

Well said mate. I'm sure many agree but don't want the backlash.

To be honest a don’t think a phone in radio show is the place to talk about it. News and other media should be covering the story more though.

why hasnt anyone asked the question whether celtic should be allowed the right to play for 9IAR, or even football next year? or why have the Rugby Union decided to use a stadium where abuse went on, if it was us you can better your left baw these questions would be asked.

"THIS IS NOT A STORY ABOUT FOOTBALL" (1 minute 32 sec in.)

Yet Radio Clyde went to the trouble to invite Alex Thomson on to the show to have his say on it.

Nasally Shug discusses on it also.

Radio Clyde is a rhat infested station for rhats.

Thanks for that, never heard it before,

"THIS IS NOT A STORY ABOUT FOOTBALL" (1 minute 32 sec in.)

Yet Radio Clyde went to the trouble to invite Alex Thomson on to the show to have his say on it.

Nasally Shug discusses on it also.

Radio Clyde is a rhat infested station for rhats.

Good find.

Bear in mind also that Thomson went on to report, blog and tweet obsessively about everything and anything to do with Scottish football for the next four years, with the clear demonisation of Rangers running through most of his reporting. He too doesn't want to talk about the paedo ring.

Peas in a pod.

Rather skewed logic you use there.

You think what happened over there will have no effect on them or football? It bloody well should. If nothing else, football in general should be learning from it so that it can never happen again. Ignoring the issue is exactly what created the monster.

There can be no good reason for a football talk-show to ignore something football-related which has made it on to the front or back pages. None.

Rather skewed logic you use there.

You think what happened over there will have no effect on them or football? It bloody well should. If nothing else, football in general should be learning from it so that it can never happen again. Ignoring the issue is exactly what created the monster.

There can be no good reason for a football talk-show to ignore something football-related which has made it on to the front or back pages. None.

The only skewed logic here is your's squire.

Do you honestly think justice will be meted out to the filth?

They will walk away from this.

The cancer that they are and the poison that they spread has and takes many forms.

The cancer that they are and the poison that they spread has and takes many forms.
it keeps getting hidden and downplayed then they wont get justice meted out to them maybe if everyone was aloowed to vent just disgusing it a is then maybe public opinion will shift

I'm not really sure what your point is.

Are you saying the subject should be censored on a football talk show because the filth are going to get away with it?

Radio Clyde stance on this reminds me of Homer Simpson's quote about Speed...

I saw this in a movie about a bus that had to speed around the city, keeping its speed over fifty, and if its speed dropped, it would explode! I think it was called “The Bus That Couldn’t Slow Down.”

Abuse that happened at a boys football club, directly linked to a professional football club that paid money to a known paedophile for football trophies and items, and where the football kitman also abused kids while at the professional football teams football stadium, and arranged football tournaments to a football club that has been proven to have housed another known paedophile in England....

RC "I think this is called a non football story."..

Strange that superscoreboard are happy to tweet celtic’s ‘apology’ but take the stance that they only talk about football!

Surely anything in their twitter feed is fair game to discuss on tonight’s show?
Your logic is sound.

But they are hypocrites and mentally challenged apologists to the core.

(The tried and trusted 'hypocrisy test' is this : imagine the roles reversed and this was a Rangers issue. Would they be discussing it?
They'd be doing fucking 'Specials.')

Old Spew is a two faced wanker

Wonder how Spew would react if one of his close 4 Priest friends sexually abused one of his grandchildren ?

Go on Spew. Defend that

"I don't believe child abuse should be discussed on a football show."
I don't believe child abuse should be allowed in football but one team disagrees with me.
SSB had no problems talking about Rangers Tax case every day for months.

"I don't believe child abuse should be discussed on a football show."
I don't believe child abuse should be allowed in football but one team disagrees with me.
SSB had no problems talking about Rangers Tax case every day for months.
They mentioned it tonight. first time I believe?. Talking about the poet statement shug said they never even said "Sorry".. It's a start.

They mentioned it tonight. first time I believe?. Talking about the poet statement shug said they never even said "Sorry".. It's a start.
Thank you Cocobob, yes it is a start. A start that we and the victims have waited a long long time for.

One is ok to talk about on a football show as it had a direct impact on us and football, the other is child abuse.[/QUOTE

If it’s not worthy of discussion now, at what point would it be?

I believe that much like the statement itself it was delivered 15 mins before the end of the penultimate show of the season. I will be surprised if there is a peep about it on their show today.

Clyde 1 have known for decades along with many others in the press, whether it was for monetary gain or pressure from the usual suspects they are culpable of keeping the information out of the news.

Makes me spew that there are still supposed Rangers fans who avidly listen to this tripe and worse still think it is balanced, they have the same mentality as the Jews in 30’s Germany who voted for Adolf
They even speak to a man who compared Ibrox with a Nazi rally, it defies belief.

surely them not telling the Stock Exchange about secret investigation makes it a financial matter and a staple of the show and its huge accountant following they have acquired over the recent years ??

Back