Clyde SSB tribute show

It was a really good listen and to be fair to them they did it very wel.
Hugh told a story that made me laugh when he was trying to get a show round Ibrox for his young nephew who had been ill.
Walter stopped him in the middle of his spiel and said incredulously ‘you’ve got Rangers supporters in your family shug?’
Needless to say, rather than get the guy who did the showrounds to do the tour, the Gaffer did it himself and then went and got each of the players to come out and speak to the wee boy.

Hugh told a story that made me laugh when he was trying to get a show round Ibrox for his young nephew who had been ill.
Walter stopped him in the middle of his spiel and said incredulously ‘you’ve got Rangers supporters in your family shug?’
Needless to say, rather than get the guy who did the showrounds to do the tour, the Gaffer did it himself and then went and got each of the players to come out and speak to the wee boy.

Class that

It was a great listen tonight under truly sad circumstances, I sat laughing, crying and remembering some of the great times and memories of my youth that Walter gave me, for that I will be eternally grateful.

The stories on Clyde coupled with the multitude of tributes throughout the day have been both heartbreaking and heartwarming.

The common factor is the respect they had for Sir Walter as a person, nevermind his abilities as a manager.

The word used most is honest. I think that is the epitaph we would all want above others.

There has been some very difficult things to listen to and watch today. I had to switch off myself but can’t stop and can’t believe he is gone

Though that just summed the gaffer up ,I could picture his face .fantastic tribute by Hugh Kevin's, total respect to the gaffer for fulfilling a young lads dream
RIP GAFFER

Still a bit raw for me currently. Not sure I can handle anymore interviews or tributes. I’m going to be a mess tomorrow night. A grown middle aged man with kids. Tomorrow I’ll be an absolute wreck like a child.
I hear you. I was about to listen in my bed but I don’t think I can handle any more today,

It was a tough but excellent listen and in some ways reminded me of the show that aired when we lost Coop albeit under different circumstances. Hugh's contribution that night was outstanding as it also was tonight and he ended the show by saying that Walter was the perfect example of having rivalry of course but more importantly decency.

Be amongst the last of the media platforms I’d go to for tributes but glad to read they have done the great man justice

I've posted on another thread how good this tribute to Mr Smith was tonight. All the participants were excellent, but Hugh Keevins in particular excelled himself.

Well done to all at Radio Clyde.

At 6pm I thought I will stick this on and see what they are saying. It was a great show and would recommend a listen.

Some good stories shared by all

It was an old school show - proper Scottish football discussion and not a dog whistle in sight.

And it was excellent. I hope Radio Clyde takes notes.

Gordon Duncan saying many Rangers fans just had a comfort blanket with Walter in our lives. "Just get Walter back he will fix it" set me off again :(

And ever word of that is true.

Honestly had Walter been appointed again on our return to the SPFL I've no doubts we would have won the league again within a couple seasons. Its just what he done. He could take players some of which you could say were average squad players (broadfoots and the likes) and turn them into winners.

It was an old school show - proper Scottish football discussion and not a dog whistle in sight.

And it was excellent. I hope Radio Clyde takes notes.
It's actually Keevins at his best, looking back and not commenting on the here and now. He was very very good tonight and clearly emotional himself.

And ever word of that is true.

Honestly had Walter been appointed again on our return to the SPFL I've no doubts we would have won the league again within a couple seasons. Its just what he done. He could take players some of which you could say were average squad players (broadfoots and the likes) and turn them into winners.
I thought we would see him back again... After Warbs, after Pedro but in a way I am glad we didn't. I am also so delighted he lived to see 55... Lived to see us back at the top again and that he wasn't needed this time to put us there.

Still a bit raw for me currently. Not sure I can handle anymore interviews or tributes. I’m going to be a mess tomorrow night. A grown middle aged man with kids. Tomorrow I’ll be an absolute wreck like a child.

Same it's been a long day. Seeing all the tributes on Sky Sports News and across other platforms etc makes it really hit home.

All you can really do is thank him for all the memories over the years.

It was a great listen and hearing Miller speak about Smith pulling Davis to the side and saying to look for Mendes on the edge of the box, in the heat and atmosphere of a derby was a snippet and insight into just how calm and composed he was in the heat of battle.

Again Miller speaking about when Walter was appointed Scotland manager and just how he instantly brought the whole squad together and turned round the national team.

McCall speaking about at half time on his debut losing to Hearts but was pleased with how the team were playing and controlling the game, to go in to the changing room and finding Walter having a right go at Gough and telling all that the only thing that matters at Rangers is winning.

Keevins speaking about if Walter had something he wanted to speak about at a press conference and no one had asked the question the Walter would just thank someone for asking the question and then go on to say what he wanted to say.

Keevins again saying about how Walter gave his nephew a tour of Ibrox himself and pulled all the players to get photos taken and again, how we have all heard of Fergies hairdryer treatment and the likes but when Walter lost it, then there was nothing else quite like it.

Will probably listen to the show a few times over the coming weeks.

It's actually Keevins at his best, looking back and not commenting on the here and now. He was very very good tonight and clearly emotional himself.

Liked the story he told about Walter at a press conference when he wanted to say a certain thing but nobody asked him just before the end he would randomly hit out with im glad you asked me that Hugh and start taking about something he wasent asked about

Back