Clyde Superscoreboard - Just When Will The Club Act?

I definitely believe there are some people that are gluten for punishment, and listen to it knowing fine well that they disagree with, and get wound up over a lot of it.

I used to phone in and challenge the lies. I didnt enjoy it but I hated letting them get away with poisoning our reputation. I no longer do this but the hatred keeps coming.

I would imagine that a fair chunk of the 250,000 who listen to it are masochistic Bears just waiting to be outraged so they can write about it on here.

Snyde are what they are. They're pro-Celtic. They don't like us. So what? It'll never change.

Turn off, decrease their listenership, watch them lose advertising and it'll end up being cancelled.

They don't give a shit about the truth, and they don't give a shit what you think of them - as long as you tune in.

How long do you think it'll take for the show to be cancelled?

I used to phone in and challenge the lies. I didnt enjoy it but I hated letting them get away with poisoning our reputation. I no longer do this but the hatred keeps coming.
The lies will never change, nor will the general anti-Rangers sentiment. So why give them the listener figures, which allows them to bring in more advertising money and continue to pay for this content.

I would imagine that Superscoreboard is probably the most popular programme on the channel, and as such plays a huge part in their budget. The more lies they tell, the more people get wound up, call in and carry on listening to see if anything changes. But it doesn't, and it won't. Stop listening and they will eventually die off, and your life will be better for not having to put yourself through it.

If Rangers supporters stopped listening and phoning in?

A matter of weeks.

250,000 listeners apparently most of whom wont support us. I honestly think the whole idea of us being able to stop the hate by switching off or not paying for services is missguided at best. Just my opinion.

Incidentally I cancelled my tv licence and told them why. I dont buy papers and dont listen to Clyde. I dont go to away games now.

I dont think it will make the slightest difference. They'll continue to be biased and lie about us and we'll just suffer in silence.

I definitely believe there are some people that are gluten for punishment, and listen to it knowing fine well that they disagree with, and get wound up over a lot of it.
Absolutely. But until Clyde sorts the wheat from the chaff and begins to employ genuinely fair presenters, I'll not be listening. Spend your dough on a podcast that caters to bluenoses, they'll rise above the rest of the stations.

How can you counter their arguments if you dont know what they're saying?

The club will be aware of anything they say. If there’s grounds for criticism, they will approach them - privately.

the problem we have is people listening to the show and getting raging at what they say, then getting raging at the club for not ‘fighting back’.

Just patch the sh!tshow!

I have not listened to their show for ages because its rubbish. Its crap.

But the idea that one or two posters on here that do listen, or have recently, are to blame for their bias has to be the most ridiculous thing ive seen on the internet.

Turn it off they go away.....do you really think Celtic would not help them out if they were in trouble the amount of propaganda these 2 radio stations spunk out during the weekend games is incredible. Its lets them set the agenda its why we have such a huge problem with referees.

Let's be honest, Clyde is absolute Sh*te. A joke of a station, pandering to the mentally challenged halfwits who tune in.
Like the odious written press in Scotland, ignore it, and you'll feel so much better. Insignificant ba*tards, just switch off.

I’d imagine the club would need to take Hugh Keevins seriously in the first place in order to act.

He’s a clown and the fact Alex Rae (no harm to him) is actually educating the guy on financial matters sums it up for me.
At least Alex spoke up,unlike other ex players,like the village idiot Dalziel,who has now become a die hard Motherwell fan.

I know that this might be frowned upon, many poster may indeed respond to say it doesn't matter or we should just ignore the output. However, the show has an outreach for the Monday to Friday show of a high of over 250,000 people.

Last night we heard a caller phone in straight after the Celtic game had finished, to talk about 'Rangers £8M loss'. The call caught the panel off guard as the caller had obviously intimated he was on to talk about a different topic.

Now, the show have the ability with a 15 second delay to can that call, but chose not to. They also have the opportunity to call the caller out immediately, yet they did not. Nuremberg Hugh had this to say... (This is accurate to a word).

NH - 'The reason why Morelos will not be sold, is because Rangers will take any financial risk in order to win the league title. and they are, as there latest financial figures have shown, heavily in debt but they're taking this risk that its a once in a lifetime.

Alex Rae Steps in, AR - 'The club are not in debt'.

NH - 'Well I think the figures would contradict that'.

AR- 'The loans that they're getting have been turned into shares so as it currently stands just now, there is no debt

NH - 'Well, eh, am, eh, I am no financial expert, but these shares are worthless I think, and they are £11M down and apparently need £10M to get from now until the end of the season. But, they will forget about that, and they will refuse any money for Morelos so long as they win the league.

Gordon Duncan does his usual deflect and sit on fence tactic rather than call it out for what it is.

With a listener group North of quarter of a million, when will this publicly be called out?

No editor would allow a comment like Hugh's to go to press for fear of being called out on the inaccuracies by the Rangers Team.

This failure to go after anyone in the media, has led us to a stage where it is open season and you can say as you please without any fear of retribution. It absolutely has to stop as it is damaging the club and the brand.

There many players playing for Rangers just now with big price tags I would suggest with Alfie being the Crown. The need to sell is one decision the club will make when they see fit. From what I recall there is a plan in place and we are only part ways along the road. These arseholes just open their mouths and spew pish.

Op ,
You know what that station is , you know what you will get fed from them .
You know you shouldn’t tune in but you do .
Do yourself a favour and don’t .

Op ,
You know what that station is , you know what you will get fed from them .
You know you shouldn’t tune in but you do .
Do yourself a favour and don’t .

I think you are missing the point, the issue is not listening or not reporting does no one any favours. It allows up to and over 250k listeners to be poorly informed. The Motherwell and Hearts fans I know are quoting Keevins today. 'Well he would know, he is involved with Scottish Football'. And so a lie becomes the truth to those not well informed.

I heard the discussion with Keevins and Rae. Keevins has been spreading lies about our financial situation since the accounts came out and finally someone called him out. I would love Rae to have asked him how on earth those shares are worthless. What a ridiculous response from Keevins.

There has been a desperation from the tims in the media to convince anyone who will listen that the soft loans (which have been converted to shares) is actual debt. They simply refuse to accept this is investment from our board. The usual culprits play the dumb card on this subject over and over -- Hugh Keevins, Peter Martin, Hugh McDonald, Allison McConnell, Alan Brazil, Davie Provan and many others. They are not as dumb as they make out, however. Their aim is to confuse and mislead and to paint a picture of financial misery at our club.

I think you are missing the point, the issue is not listening or not reporting does no one any favours. It allows up to and over 250k listeners to be poorly informed. The Motherwell and Hearts fans I know are quoting Keevins today. 'Well he would know, he is involved with Scottish Football'. And so a lie becomes the truth to those not well informed.
I’m not missing the point .
I dare say you’d ignore idiots spouting their pish in the streets or in the workplace.
Ignore it on the radio, tv and the press.

He problem is that the entire media is overrun with crash barriers.

We’d be going after everyone, which would walk us into a shit storm of negativity across the entire mhedia.

The solution is all of us encouraging our children to go into the media, politics and law. It’s the only way this will be turned round, doing exactly what the tiny minority mentally challengeds did from the mid 1980’s.
This is 100% correct Arminius. I studied law in the 90s and probably 40-50% of my classmates were left footers. Yet the % of them in Scotland was something like 15%.

I’m not sure why the club would bother responding to that. It’s a show for morons. It’s best ignored. It doesn’t impact us in the slightest.
The show was a regular feature in the FF fanzine in the 90’s,,its nothing new

Would be a mega riddy if the club where to come out against the slabberings of the mutants from SSB. Can imagine King and the board on their way back from Glasgow airport tuning into SSB and commenting how raging they are that Spew Keevins is discussing the clubs finances lol

I dare say you’d ignore idiots spouting their pish in the streets or in the workplace.
The onslaught from the media is very different from the random idiot in the street though. You only need to look at how Rangers fans are now considered fair game by anyone & everyone these days to see the results of the demonisation.

It's clear as day ignoring them just allows them free reign to talk as much shite as they like unchallenged. They wouldn't want it any other way.

I was out in the car after the game and heard what the OP described, it was embarrassing. How can you say you are no expert yet when challenged you suddenly decide that you are an expert who has declared said shares worthless :D
I also heard two calls. The first one was a precursor to the above. He wanted to talk about Rangers debt and yes you guessed it he was a Celtic fan. The next call was from another Celtic fan who also wanted to talk about Rangers, they really are beyond parody.

Public opinion is shaped by what people hear and read. It might not affect us financially but it certainly damages our reputation and standing. I dont want Rangers and our fans to be hate figures.

I don't believe that it does. It's very unlikely that the people you refer to would ever change that opinion of Rangers anyway.

It doesn't lose us games, or money, or fans - surely that makes it irrelevant?

If you think the club can change the minds of tims with calculators to broadcast a more balanced perspective you will be bitterly disappointed.

That’s a wee tip from your uncle usbear!

He problem is that the entire media is overrun with crash barriers.

We’d be going after everyone, which would walk us into a shit storm of negativity across the entire mhedia.

The solution is all of us encouraging our children to go into the media, politics and law. It’s the only way this will be turned round, doing exactly what the tiny minority mentally challengeds did from the mid 1980’s.
Essentially watched this happen from afar as the internet bridged the gap.

I don't believe that it does. It's very unlikely that the people you refer to would ever change that opinion of Rangers anyway.

It doesn't lose us games, or money, or fans - surely that makes it irrelevant?

I think the vast majority of our fans appreciate the damage being done to our club by the constant bias, double standards and lies. With respect I think its incredibly naive to believe orherwise. Its your opinion however and that's your right.

This is it.

I very rarely listen to SSB or BBC Scotland Sport or the Daily Record, and as such I get less annoyed and far less angry, why would you want to get angry?

Not listening might make you feel better but be aware that they're still spreading the hate while you're busy elsewhere. Their propaganda isnt designed to upset bears. Its much more dangerous than that.

The onslaught from the media is very different from the random idiot in the street though. You only need to look at how Rangers fans are now considered fair game by anyone & everyone these days to see the results of the demonisation.

It's clear as day ignoring them just allows them free reign to talk as much shite as they like unchallenged. They wouldn't want it any other way.

Excellent post. They're busy spreading hate while some of us are head down in the sand. They couldnt ask for more.

Would be a mega riddy if the club where to come out against the slabberings of the mutants from SSB. Can imagine King and the board on their way back from Glasgow airport tuning into SSB and commenting how raging they are that Spew Keevins is discussing the clubs finances lol

I know we're discussing Clyde and Sportscene but they're just two of the many spreading hate about us and our club. I wonder how many on here just ignored the TV news headline feature on Neely and the way Rangers "covered up" his child abuse? I certainly didnt and find it astonishing that we got such negative publicity while those across the city seem to get away with so much more.

I also find it rather odd that some on here dont seem bothered by this. In fact they go out of their way to argue against anyone who does find it sickening.

I guess Im not a real fan.

Hugh Keevins that threatened to quit SSB if the subject of child abuse in Scottish Football was broached on the show? Why would anyone in his position for all these years keep quiet about the facilitators, enablers and predators that have haunted the game for nigh on 50 years?
Because he had 4 priests at his daughters wedding.

Sorry to contradict you but you are missing the point. You and me ignoring Keevins doesnt stop 250,000 others listening.

I know that this might be frowned upon, many poster may indeed respond to say it doesn't matter or we should just ignore the output. However, the show has an outreach for the Monday to Friday show of a high of over 250,000 people.

Last night we heard a caller phone in straight after the Celtic game had finished, to talk about 'Rangers £8M loss'. The call caught the panel off guard as the caller had obviously intimated he was on to talk about a different topic.

Now, the show have the ability with a 15 second delay to can that call, but chose not to. They also have the opportunity to call the caller out immediately, yet they did not. Nuremberg Hugh had this to say... (This is accurate to a word).

NH - 'The reason why Morelos will not be sold, is because Rangers will take any financial risk in order to win the league title. and they are, as there latest financial figures have shown, heavily in debt but they're taking this risk that its a once in a lifetime.

Alex Rae Steps in, AR - 'The club are not in debt'.

NH - 'Well I think the figures would contradict that'.

AR- 'The loans that they're getting have been turned into shares so as it currently stands just now, there is no debt

NH - 'Well, eh, am, eh, I am no financial expert, but these shares are worthless I think, and they are £11M down and apparently need £10M to get from now until the end of the season. But, they will forget about that, and they will refuse any money for Morelos so long as they win the league.

Gordon Duncan does his usual deflect and sit on fence tactic rather than call it out for what it is.

With a listener group North of quarter of a million, when will this publicly be called out?

No editor would allow a comment like Hugh's to go to press for fear of being called out on the inaccuracies by the Rangers Team.

This failure to go after anyone in the media, has led us to a stage where it is open season and you can say as you please without any fear of retribution. It absolutely has to stop as it is damaging the club and the brand.

I agree with your point, but the 250,000 listeners they claim should be taken with a pinch of salt. Those numbers are worked out by surveying 2000 people and extrapolating from that.

I agree with your point, but the 250,000 listeners they claim should be taken with a pinch of salt. Those numbers are worked out by surveying 2000 people and extrapolating from that.

Indeed. Its a guestimate but still a lot of hearts and minds to win over.

This. Whats the point of whinging like fùck about them whilst simultaneously supporting their show by tuning in and boosting their numbers. It’s fecking brainless.

I dont listen but thousands do and their bias affects our club. We're hated because of all the negativity they spread throughout the country. Im sure you appreciate the power of propaganda.

I dont listen but thousands do and their bias affects our club. We're hated because of all the negativity they spread throughout the country. Im sure you appreciate the power of propaganda.

And these fans help them along by keeping their numbers high, that’s the bottom line. They complain about the animal whilst feeding the animal.

No club should be slandered, but I would question how much of an affect some specky old ‘journalists’ opinion can have. It’s not as though he’s respected or his opinion is travelling beyond the borders of Scotland

I know we're discussing Clyde and Sportscene but they're just two of the many spreading hate about us and our club. I wonder how many on here just ignored the TV news headline feature on Neely and the way Rangers "covered up" his child abuse? I certainly didnt and find it astonishing that we got such negative publicity while those across the city seem to get away with so much more.

I also find it rather odd that some on here dont seem bothered by this. In fact they go out of their way to argue against anyone who does find it sickening.

I guess Im not a real fan.
Big difference between Hugh Keevins financial wisdom ramblings and blatant media slander directed at us regarding child abuse. I think you've missed the sarcastic leaning of my post in that anyone with half a brain would not take this show even remotely serious. And if as you say 250,000 people are influenced by it then sadly they are beyond help and not worth worrying about.

And these fans help them along by keeping their numbers high, that’s the bottom line. They complain about the animal whilst feeding the animal.

No club should be slandered, but I would question how much of an affect some specky old ‘journalists’ opinion can have. It’s not as though he’s respected or his opinion is travelling beyond the borders of Scotland

Its not just Specky Hugh though is it? There's Walker, English, Speirs, Waddell, Delahunt, McGuire, Stewart, Sutton, Commons, Leckie, Hartson, Parks and many others. All spreading hatred and lies. Its working.

Its not just Specky Hugh though is it? There's Walker, English, Speirs, Waddell, Delahunt, McGuire, Stewart, Sutton, Commons, Leckie, Hartson, Parks and many others. All spreading hatred and lies. Its working.

All two bit journalists and broadcasters, absolutely none of them respected or heard outwith Scotland. Sutton and Hartson maybe, but that’s it, and I didn’t know they were even on SSB.

And my main points of still as valid as ever, it’s pointless whining about their show while our fans continue to support their show.

Who are you trying to win over? Scottish football hates us, that won't change based on what they say on Clyde.

Im simply pointing out ignoring them or not listening doesnt stop the hate.

Sometimes it feels like an uphill struggle so I'll just leave it at that. Let them say what they like about us "we dont care". That's fine.

All two bit journalists and broadcasters, absolutely none of them respected or heard outwith Scotland. Sutton and Hartson maybe, but that’s it, and I didn’t know they were even on SSB.

And my main points of still as valid as ever, it’s pointless whining about their show while our fans continue to support their show.

I dont support their show.

Back