Clydebank vs Elgin City

Very different circumstances to Rangers of course. There’s no lineage between this team and previous iterations of Clydebank
But that lack of lineage is entirely the fault of numerous shyster owners.

Same colours, lots of the same fans means it’s the same club I first saw Rangers play in 1987.

Like saying AFC Wimbledon arnt the same team that won the cup in 88.

Elgin deservedly ahead poor defensively from the Bankies though. They need to calm down a bit they aren't keeping the ball at all.

But that lack of lineage is entirely the fault of numerous shyster owners.

Same colours, lots of the same fans means it’s the same club I first saw Rangers play in 1987.

Like saying AFC Wimbledon arnt the same team that won the cup in 88.

I can’t remember the ins and outs of it but, if we’re talking lineage, isn’t the current Airdrie actually the old Clydebank ?

Impressed with Rory Loy’s commentary so far, actually has something useful to say rather than the usual speak for the sake of it of a co commentator

Was thinking he must be about 24 by now.

Had a look, oh he’s 33 :D

Watched Clydebank occasionally in the 70's, was half expecting Jim Fallon and Jim Gallacher to be playing tonight. :)
I believe the current Clydebank had to obtain permission from Airdrie to use the club crest.

I can’t remember the ins and outs of it but, if we’re talking lineage, isn’t the current Airdrie actually the old Clydebank ?
Airdrie United after failing to be voted in on it own after Airdrie went out of business bought out the old Clydebank who were heading that way as well they were also given permission by SFL to take the old Clydebank place in the League and move Clydebank to Airdrie

This version of Clydebank was formed in 2003 by the UCS - United Clydebank Supporters

Last edited:
How do junior teams qualify for the proper scottish , talbot , darvel , clydebank representing the WOSL , would be good to see pollok in the proper scottish , they would prob need to get floodlights installed at newlandsfield though

Noticed a lot of people praising Rory Loy for his commentary and punditry recently and I can see why. Comes across very well and articulate which is very rare indeed for a Scottish professional footballer.

How do junior teams qualify for the proper scottish , talbot , darvel , clydebank representing the WOSL , would be good to see pollok in the proper scottish , they would prob need to get floodlights installed at newlandsfield though
They have SFA membership

Bankies, Cumnock, Medda, Talbot and Buffs (I think) all have SFA membership now and automatically qualify.

However junior cup and south challenge cup winners get a place also, maybe even the winner of the WOSFL - that’s Pollok’s only route in for now.

Back