Clydebank vs Elgin City

McKinlay is a good player at the WOSFL level, but he can't get in to it here. Was at their game v Benburb and his movement was excellent that night, though Gallacher was my MOTM. Hope they can turn it around.

All City in the first half, I've seen Elgin a few times this season and they do tend to ship goals late on.
Poised for an interesting second half. Come on City

Clydebank used to be a great town fell away I late eighties. Read Neil Oliver about being a banking full of 19th century terrorists now

For a plastic pitch it looks so much better than that nonsense we see in the so-called Premiership

For a plastic pitch it looks so much better than that nonsense we see in the so-called Premiership
Think Holm Park is council owned so its hired out to amateur teams to use as well as the Bankies and Yoker so will get worn out eventually.

I can’t remember the ins and outs of it but, if we’re talking lineage, isn’t the current Airdrie actually the old Clydebank ?
Not sure if it was a merger or whatever, but I played against Clydebank when they were called Milgnevie Wanderers at U16.

Got skudded like 11-1.

Think the above side either integrated with Clydebank, or they folded and most of their players went there, anyway.

Last edited:
Nah....got to be Elgin, the biggest of the Highland League clubs. Mad that they can't achieve what Ross County have. Real waste of what could be a good club.
Correct, poorly run at board level and for years been a total lack of ambition.
That said, massive hinderence is the money on offer in highland league therefore some of the better players tend to stay their

Back