Co-efficent Not Looking Good

Looking like more points for Ukraine with Zorya beating Leicester.
We win tonight and we are back above Ukraine. Still poor result for the coefficient.

Dynamo Kiev will probably get through so we basically just have to do aswell or better than them in the Europa League.
Hopefully Inter beat Shakhtar and real gets atleast a point against BMG. Would knock Shakhtar out of all European competition

Come on Rangers tonight. We are the sole contributor for co-efficient points! Some pub team got pumped again tonight. :))

Back into 11th place but Ukraine have 2 teams that can qualify into UCL or UEL.

Dynamo and Donetsk need them both to lose next game and they are both out.

Turkey have 30.300 after tonight

Scotland 30.625
According to kassiesa:

11. Scotland- 31.125
12. Ukraine - 31.100
13. Turkey - 30.100

Unfortunately, two wins for Ukrainian teams this week against our 1 win means they are now just 0.025 points behind us.

They have 3 teams playing next, whilst we really have only us. I won't even count the other lot.

Having said that, we are guaranteed to go through to the next stage, whilst only Shakhtar can go through for the Ukranians and they will probably need to beat Inter Milan away to get through.

Edit: Dynamo Kyiv will drop to the Europa League if they beat Ferencvaros in the last game.

Last edited:
According to kassiesa:

11. Scotland- 31.125
12. Ukraine - 31.100
13. Turkey - 30.100

Unfortunately, two wins for Ukrainian teams this week against our 1 win means they are now just 0.025 points behind us.

They have 3 teams playing next, whilst we really have only us. I won't even count the other lot.

Having said that, we are guaranteed to go through to the next stage, whilst only Shakhtar can go through for the Ukranians and they will probably need to beat Inter Milan away to get through.

I think Dynamo Kiev are likely to drop into the EL?

All we should concern ourselves with is the minimum 3 games left we have in Europe this season and what we can do to our own co-efficient, nobody else in Scotland has put up much of a help points wise this year only us
Absolutely, only our Euro absence explains most of our unseeded position. Am more interested in our club co-efficient and for the second year in a row it's better than theirs.

They got multiple tens of millions in their biscuit tin while we were scraping back to the top.

Zorya beating Leicester tonight was a shitter.

However, the dream scenario next week is:

Shahktar lose to Inter, and Real Madrid draw or beat Borussia MCGB.
Ferencvaros win in Dynamo Kiev (or draw at 3-3 or above)
Zorya to lose Braga.

If the above happens, all remaining Ukraine teams are elimated from Europe, and the winners of this season's SPFL will have an automatic place in Group stage of next season UCL.

If either Shahktar or Dynamo Kiev (or both) progress to either UCL last 16 (only Shakhtar can) and Kiew could drop into Europa League, we have a minimum of three games to earn points for Scotland stay ahead of Urkraine in Co-efficient.

A win for us next week is crucial if any of the Ukraine teams progress.

If Scotland;s co-efficient does nail an automatic spot for next season UCL, it will be down to us and in spite of that lot, who have contributed next to fkuc all this season.

All we should concern ourselves with is the minimum 3 games left we have in Europe this season and what we can do to our own co-efficient, nobody else in Scotland has put up much of a help points wise this year only us
I agree with this, our club coefficient is far more important

Zorya to lose Braga.

If the above happens, all remaining Ukraine teams are elimated from Europe, and the winners of this season's SPFL will have an automatic place in Group stage of next season UCL.

If either Shahktar or Dynamo Kiev (or both) progress to either UCL last 16 (only Shakhtar can) and Kiew could drop into Europa League, we have a minimum of three games to earn points for Scotland stay ahead of Urkraine in Co-efficient.

If Scotland;s co-efficient does nail an automatic spot for next season UCL, it will be down to us and in spite of that lot, who have contributed next to fkuc all this season.

The winner of the spl this season will still have to qualify. It is the following seasons winner that may get direct entry.

Can still qualify to UEL mate we'd rather Ferencvaros beat them and Donetsk going out COMPLETELY would help us secure 11th in Coefficient to guarantee group stage place.
I for one wouldn't mind Ferencvaros winning and dropping down into the Europa last 32 draw and drawing us!

Edit:
I should add that I don't think they would necessarily be pushovers but I think we would best them over the two legs and it would further piss of the mhanks which is a bonus.

Of course we want to win next week which would help the coefficient but winning the domestic league must surely be our priority.

Of course we want to win next week which would help the coefficient but winning the domestic league must surely be our priority.
Absolutely JayDee but the difference between winning the game and the group compared to losing the game and coming 2nd could be upwards of €1,100,000. It's a tricky one for sure because the league is of course paramount but for me, we must always play to win. Hopefully if we have a great 1st half then we can really change it up.

Zorya to lose Braga.

Scotland's don't have automatic spot for next season start in QR3 with a chance of moving up to the Play-off round

For 2022/23 getting 11th still doesn't gives you a automatic spot

Both are subject to the CL winner and if they qualified for the CL via their own League and there is a good chance of that happening

According to kassiesa:

11. Scotland- 31.125
12. Ukraine - 31.100
13. Turkey - 30.100

Edit: Dynamo Kyiv will drop to the Europa League if they beat Ferencvaros in the last game.

I went with the other co-efficent website with seemed to update after the early games

But they have seemed to change to again

I guess the best scenario regarding the co-efficient IF Dinamo Kiev drop to the Europa League as expected is for us to draw them in the next round and beat them twice.

Inter needing the win against Shakhtar is good and I'd expect them to do it at home and hopefully knock Shakhtar out of Europe.

Braga at home to Zorya is pretty much a dead rubber as if Leicester (home to AEK) match Braga's result they top the group on head to head.

Champions league is a bit of a mix bag. We qualify for that and there's a high chance our coefficient takes a big hit. Not many points realistically to be won. Europa league is where you want to be to collect the coefficient points.

Obviosuly ill take champs league but comes with its caveats

Champions league is a bit of a mix bag. We qualify for that and there's a high chance our coefficient takes a big hit. Not many points realistically to be won. Europa league is where you want to be to collect the coefficient points.

A hit, maybe not a big hit. You get bonus points just for making the Cl groups I believe (I think 4). Probably won’t get the 11 we got last year and that we’re on to match or beat this year (Currently 8 I believe, with 3 more games minimum guaranteed).

We simply cannot underestimate the impact on our accounts that a year in CL would provide. It would be rocket fuel for us and we would, for the first time in many many years be in a position that would be much stronger than the rats.

Secondly, its where we should be as a club. Id be happy with CL then 3rd place and into EL as a "standard".

If we qualify for the Champions League group stage the first aim should be to finish at least 3rd and go far in the Europa League. Then we build on that. Really depends on the draw.

The importance of getting that direct qualification to group stage slot should not be underestimated as it will make it much easier to attract a higher quality of player to take us to the next level. Higher budget planning as well.

Rangers will likely be the highest ranked Scottish club from next year as we have no points to drop off from the 16/17 season .

Now up to 61.

Will we also get a boost by country co-efficient rising? (thats if it does?
Rangers will likely be the highest ranked Scottish club from next year as we have no points to drop off from the 16/17 season .

Now up to 61.

Will we also get a boost by country co-efficient rising? (thats if it does?
Trying to keep it simple:

The Country co-efficient determines how many teams qualify for Europe, which competition they will play in and at which stage they enter. Obviously the higher the rating, the better.

The team co-efficient then determines whether or not a team is seeded in a particular round. Depending on the teams who are in that round, that can vary. ie. A co-efficient of 14.2 can get you seeded one year, but even increasing to 18.2 might not get you seeded the following year.

Slightly off topic but when the shit hit the fan in 2012 - did we still keep the co-efficient from our previous seasons (such as the UEFA Cup Final season etc)?

Slightly off topic but when the shit hit the fan in 2012 - did we still keep the co-efficient from our previous seasons (such as the UEFA Cup Final season etc)?
We did. I Rembrandts showing the UEFA club coefficient table to a few rats to debunk the new club shite.

Back