Co-efficent Not Looking Good

The time to start worrying about the co-efficient is the day we meet Co-efficient FC in the Champions League.

Improvements in the co-efficient might just give Scottish losers, such as the manks or the sheep a wee crack at the Champions League.

Worrying about the coefficent is for wimps.

BuCyQrJCYAAiCEt.jpg

They seem such a well run club Shaktar. I wish we could sign some Brazilians.
Ukraine is rich in oil they have,had a few years now of developing and buying players,as a few of the clubs are quite rich hence they can afford to pay huge salaries to Brazilian and other national footballers

Won a watch with a Monchengladbach equalizer being chopped off by VAR review. I don't think the player, who was offside by a big toe, touched the ball but probably affected the keepers ability to see it.

Good result for the coefficient in so much that Inter must beat Shakhtar or they themselves are completely out of Europe. If that came to pass then a point for Real v BM would see Shakhtar out of Europe all together.

If we go deeper in Europa than Kiev and Sivasspor I’m confident we can do it for the rest of the nation, a couple of group wins in the next 2 days would go a long way!

If we go deeper in Europa than Kiev and Sivasspor I’m confident we can do it for the rest of the nation, a couple of group wins in the next 2 days would go a long way!
Need Leipzig to beat Istanbul in the CL to stop them picking up some co-efficient points as well.

Shakhtar could still go out completely if Inter beat them and Madrid get a point against Gladbach.

Yeah, Real Madrid win at home to Gladbach and Inter win at home to Shakhtar would see Shakhtar out of Europe completely.

Dunno what is going on with Madrid at the moment but it doesn't seem that far fetched for both of them to win at home.

We don't want Donetsk to finish third. They could do well in the EL. In the CL they'd likely be out next round. Obviously we want them bottom.

Kiev have a home game against the scums conquerors, both level for now. The probability is that Kiev will be in the EL.

Ukraine's other team will likely go out of Europe.

Will we be up against 1, 2, or no Ukrainian teams?

If it's one team we have a chance as long as we do better than them. If it's two in the EL for them we'd need to far exceed our expectations and probably get close to winning it.

We could almost have a play off for the position if we draw their (hopefully) one remaining team at some point.

They have Dynamo Kiev as well who only have to beat Ferencvárosi at home to make it into the Europa League knockout stages. A winner here puts Shaktar in a very good place for the champions League/Europa League knockouts.

If Real don't get an equaliser here then it is going to be very difficult for us to finish 11th in the Coefficient

Ferencvaros are no mugs. Juve only just scraped by them 2-1 at home with a last min winner and they drew 2-2 at home with Kiev. A Kiev win is by no means a cert.

Yeah, Real Madrid win at home to Gladbach and Inter win at home to Shakhtar would see Shakhtar out of Europe completely.

Dunno what is going on with Madrid at the moment but it doesn't seem that far fetched for both of them to win at home.
A draw for real against BMG in that scenario, would see Shakhtar out as well.

So Scotland will have 2 Champions League places next season, but unlikely to have direct entry to the group stage. That correct?

That result tonight didn't help but still very possible that Shakhtar crash out of Europe completely next week. Fingers crossed, anyway.

I am extremely confident we'll win on Thursday and give the country a boost but less so next week when we will (all going well) be in a position to rest a few in the knowledge that we're through. No point expecting the Tims to pick up anything.

So Scotland will have 2 Champions League places next season, but unlikely to have direct entry to the group stage. That correct?
Yes 2 places but no direct entry

Champions enter QR3 Champions route with a chance of the Play-off round entry depends on this CL winners and if they have qualified direct for 2021/22 CL via their own League

Runners -up enter QR2 Non-Champions route

For 2022/23 we need to be 11th after this season to have a chance of direct entry, 11th is not automatic entry but start in the Play-off round again it depends on the same scenario above with CL winner

Remember when that bellend, Scott Brown had the cheek to criticise Rangers and the rest of Scottish football for our results in Europe.

If it weren't for Rangers the co-effcient points would be brutal.
If they hadn't been so crap every year they got a free run at the CL, the coefficient would be much higher.

They didn't only get rid of us for five years, they got worse as they had no fans to fill their Piggery and couldn't afford to spend too much of their CL money.

This situation at the moment should be an advantage for them as they played to an almost empty stadium every home game for at least five years.

If we win the title this season I have no worries about The Champions Route to get into the CL. We will skoosh it.

We won't lose to a team of jobbers like Celtic in Europe over two legs.
We might be unseeded which would make it tougher

We might be unseeded which would make it tougher

It doesn't matter. We would be on The Champions Route which means you play a Champion from another league. Given all the League Winners from the top leagues gain automatic entry to the group stages, we would have a fantastic chance of qualiying.

That result tonight didn't help but still very possible that Shakhtar crash out of Europe completely next week. Fingers crossed, anyway.

I am extremely confident we'll win on Thursday and give the country a boost but less so next week when we will (all going well) be in a position to rest a few in the knowledge that we're through. No point expecting the Tims to pick up anything.

If we have the chance to top the group on the last match of the group do you still think he will

If we can get a result or two which helps us progress to last 32, and Shakhtar Donetsk lose to Inter (and assuming Real Madrid get a point) we have a great chance of securing Scotland an automatic spot for next season.

That would mean we’d likely go into KO stages in 11th position

Dynamo Kiev are likely to drop into Europa last 32, but I’d back us to do better than them

I know. 2 wins plus group win will net us 2.14M Euro.
I would add the €500,000 prize for appearance in the last 32 to that. €2,640,000 or £2,392,500 and that doesn't include our share of the TV money. Winning the group must be our target so no resting players for me unless we are very comfortable going into the second half of either game.

Real Madrid without Ramos is a very different team. They're dreadful.

It's weird because Barca look brilliant in Europe this season but very poor domestically.

SO next season we have 2 in qualifiers
following season is the same
its the season after thats in trouble?

SO next season we have 2 in qualifiers
following season is the same
its the season after thats in trouble?
Yes for 2021/22 & 2022/23 we have 2 places in the CL qualifiers

For 2023/24 that will only be known after next season need to drop to 16th to be back to 1 CL place

Yes for 2021/22 & 2022/23 we have 2 places in the CL qualifiers

For 2023/24 that will only be known after next season need to drop to 16th to be back to 1 CL place
For 23/24 we are in a very good place to get
Into the top 10.

For that points campaign Holland lose 9.1 points, Belgium lose 12.5, Austria lose 7.375 and Ukraine lose 5.5. we lose 4.375 points.

This campaign so far Holland are 5.1 points ahead of us, Belgium are 4.8 points ahead, Austria are 3.6 ahead of us and Ukraine are 0.075 ahead of us.

So if things stay similar to how they are we would be starting the campaign for 23/24 in 10th ahead of Belgium (between 2-5 points depending on how this campaign finishes) and Ukraine (1-2 points depending on how this campaign finishes).
So even with Celtic humping the coefficient this campaign. we are still in a very good place for getting an automatic group stage spot for the 23/24 season. 11th gets you automatic qualification if you champions League and Europa League have already qualified via their league. 10th gets you in regardless.

For 23/24 we are in a very good place to get
Into the top 10.

For that points campaign Holland lose 9.1 points, Belgium lose 12.5, Austria lose 7.375 and Ukraine lose 5.5. we lose 4.375 points.

This campaign so far Holland are 5.1 points ahead of us, Belgium are 4.8 points ahead, Austria are 3.6 ahead of us and Ukraine are 0.075 ahead of us.

So if things stay similar to how they are we would be starting the campaign for 23/24 in 10th ahead of Belgium (between 2-5 points depending on how this campaign finishes) and Ukraine (1-2 points depending on how this campaign finishes).
So even with Celtic humping the coefficient this campaign. we are still in a very good place for getting an automatic group stage spot for the 23/24 season. 11th gets you automatic qualification if you champions League and Europa League have already qualified via their league. 10th gets you in regardless.

Yes i know that but until the actual season passes to affect the season in question it would be daft to think otherwise

I Know 11th can get that automatic entry

Back