Co-efficient - not as promising as it was a few weeks ago

ssblue

Scotland sit 11th in the current list which should be enough for direct entry to the 22/23 CL groups for the Scottish champions.

However it is really tight with Ukraine and Turkey close behind and looking like gaining more points.

We may well miss out on 11th spot.

Fair chance all 5 of the teams left from Ukraine and Turker get knocked out the groups.

If Kiev and Shaktar both drop into the Europa league then Ukraine will likely overtake us

Turkey will likely lose both clubs still in europe completely before christmas. Sivasspor perhaps have a chance of getting out their EL group, just a point behind 2nd place.

Shakhtar and Dynamo Kiev will both likely drop down the Europe League. You'd fancy Shakhtar to do quite well having reached the semis last year. Dynamo Kiev bit of a wildcard but Shakhtar hammered them 3-0 in Kiev few weeks back.

I think if we are to stay ahead of Ukraine in the rankings we are going to have to get to the final stages of the Europe League.

Shakhtar will finish bottom of their CL group, Kyiv will probably finish 3rd aye.

Sivasspor still in with a shout of qualifying from their EL group. Istanbul will finish bottom of their CL group so they will be gone.

We’ve still got a decent shot at finishing 11th I reckon, it’s completely down to us though. We won’t be getting any help from the poets

The tramps shit run in the EL has not helped the co-eff.

Since they are already out, it is probably not the worst scenario if they win their final two games - albeit highly unlikely.

Hopefully Rangers take maximum points from our final matches - should not underestimate our opponents though - these are hard games.

If The mentally challengeds werent so shite in Europe then the co-efficient wouldnt be in this predicament,the tramps need to start pulling they're weight imo

That mob are getting a lot of stick for being too focused on us, not building for the future, and falling asleep at the wheel. I think it's pretty clear they actually are planning ahead and trying to sabotage the coefficient in order to prevent us from getting straight into the CL groups at the end of next season.
it might just be the idea that they are pish and can't beat teams like Sparta :D

if you look at the teams who have got into the CL this year, I'd say we've beaten more quality in the EL qualifiers/group stages in the last few years so as much as it would be difficult, it's not impossible that we couldn't qualify for the CL groups if we were to win the league this season

Midtjylland - beat them last year in the EL
Krasnodar - beatable
Olympiakos - same
Ferencvaros - we'd have beaten them if we were the ones playing the CL qualifier

Kiev and Salzburg are the only other two who I'd say would be more difficult over a 2 leg match

Since they are already out, it is probably not the worst scenario if they win their final two games - albeit highly unlikely.

Hopefully Rangers take maximum points from our final matches - should not underestimate our opponents though - these are hard games.
Maybe not seeing the full picture here, but why would we want them to win their last two games? Two wins equals two win bonuses...I personally want them to get pumped in both games and leave the Europa League with as little as possible (given they've already fucked the co-efficient job).

Maybe not seeing the full picture here, but why would we want them to win their last two games? Two wins equals two win bonuses...I personally want them to get pumped in both games and leave the Europa League with as little as possible (given they've already fucked the co-efficient job).

The potential rewards for Rangers of these additional co-eff points (should Rangers and the tramps both win our last remaining 2 games each) would dwarf the inconvenience of them getting win bonus cash.

If this could lead to Rangers having an easier passage to the Champions League groups then IMO it is worth the pisser of them getting 2 x EL win bonuses.

Last season I heard one of them bleating about accepting that they are not a CL team more of a EL team who should be good enough to go far at that competition.

Who knows what the fvk they are this season LOLZ!

Do Ukraine not have a big chunk of points falling off next year? Like 22 points
Ukraine 5.5 points falling off, Scotland 4.3.
Turkey will lose 9.7.
Austria who are 9th will lose 7.3 which means 3 points more than Scotland and right now are only 3.2 points ahead (33.8 to 30.6). They still have four teams in Europe but there's a possibility all of them won't progress from the group stage.

CL
Red Bull are bottom with 1 point, 2pts behind Loko Moscow who they play away next week.

EL
Rapid sitting 3rd on same points as Molde who they'll play in a fortnight. Rapid play Arsenal next week, Molde meet Dundalk so could already be out by that time.
Lask 3rd three points behind both Spurs and Antwerp, doubt they will qualify.
Wolfsberger 3rd a point behind Feyenoord have a decent chance as they have Feyenoord at home in a couple of weeks.

If Rangers can win both of their games then get a reasonable draw in the knock-out stage then who knows.

When we get out of the group Tav should go to the papers and talk about how we need all Scottish teams to start pulling their weight to help out with coefficient points.
At the same time, us winning the league and entering the group stages and them remaining in the EL is no back thing.

Don't agree with them winning that gives them revenue.

Aye right, winning matches breeds winning and could carry over to league matches.

Losing is best for them. This may negatively affect league form.

We need to increase our points lead in case we slip up here and there.

Too much at stake this season.

Ukraine 5.5 points falling off, Scotland 4.3.
Turkey will lose 9.7.
Austria who are 9th will lose 7.3 which means 3 points more than Scotland and right now are only 3.2 points ahead (33.8 to 30.6). They still have four teams in Europe but there's a possibility all of them won't progress from the group stage.

CL
Red Bull are bottom with 1 point, 2pts behind Loko Moscow who they play away next week.

EL
Rapid sitting 3rd on same points as Molde who they'll play in a fortnight. Rapid play Arsenal next week, Molde meet Dundalk so could already be out by that time.
Lask 3rd three points behind both Spurs and Antwerp, doubt they will qualify.
Wolfsberger 3rd a point behind Feyenoord have a decent chance as they have Feyenoord at home in a couple of weeks.

If Rangers can win both of their games then get a reasonable draw in the knock-out stage then who knows.
@The Blue Iceberg No chance of that bud, took me ages to source that information @rangeral has it all in his head.
Ha ha, was only joking mate nobody will take Al's place anytime soon, but you done well to work out what you did BBL.

It's took me ages to even analyse what you've entered never mind researching it all, but you did get me thinking about Rapid Vienna especially after they knocked us out a few years ago, seems like a lifetime ago now!

They only need to better their 1 nil defeat against Molde in the last game to qualify in 2nd place, so it would be fantastic for us to win our group then get some revenge if we drew them in the last 32.

Watched the highlights of our last match against them when we were so unlucky with a much poorer team than now, here's a link if anyone's interested...

Fair chance all 5 of the teams left from Ukraine and Turker get knocked out the groups.

If Kiev and Shaktar both drop into the Europa league then Ukraine will likely overtake us
I think Dynamo Kiev will go into the Europa. Shaktar should hopefully lose to Real and Inter. The other Ukrainian mob are all but out of the Europa.

Istanbul will go out and hopefully lose both on the way. The Turkish side in the Europa League have a chance to go through but they need to beat Villarreal to do it.

If we beat Liege and take a point in Lech, we should hopefully have enough for 11th (as long as we match how far Dynamo go).

Surely we can’t be far away from overtaking the mentally challengeds ??
They are 11.75 ahead of us but next year 7 comes off their total and the following year another 8 comes off.

So they lose 15 points in the next 2 season while we lose 0.25.

The last 3 years totals

Are us 22, them 19.

Aye right, winning matches breeds winning and could carry over to league matches.

Losing is best for them. This may negatively affect league form.

We need to increase our points lead in case we slip up here and there.

Too much at stake this season.
That's the risk I suppose.

Are we confident enough that we are good enough to maintain our lead should they go on a run of wins until Rangers play them and beat them again?

The potential rewards for Rangers of these additional co-eff points (should Rangers and the tramps both win our last remaining 2 games each) would dwarf the inconvenience of them getting win bonus cash.

If this could lead to Rangers having an easier passage to the Champions League groups then IMO it is worth the pisser of them getting 2 x EL win bonuses.
I see what your saying: would the co-efficient points make THAT much of a difference tho?
If it were the difference between direct CL group entry and having to play a qualifier then fair enough; am just not sure it would make that much of a difference, but not from a position of knowledge, so stand to be corrected.
Now, if it helped screw them to the wall, I would take a qualifying round.

I see the point regarding Septic winning the next 2 games to help with the coefficient - But we all know its not gonna happen.

It should be called the Rangers efficient!! They contribute nothing.

I see what your saying: would the co-efficient points make THAT much of a difference tho?
If it were the difference between direct CL group entry and having to play a qualifier then fair enough; am just not sure it would make that much of a difference, but not from a position of knowledge, so stand to be corrected.
Now, if it helped screw them to the wall, I would take a qualifying round.
I am not sure either mate.

If it meant we only had to play one easier qualifying round instead of two difficult one then there is a case there.

Completely get that them winning any match is abhorrent to all of us.

As another poster said though, the chance of them winning their two matches is unlikely in the extreme.

Hopefully Rangers do the business and keep the blue flag flying high.

They are 11.75 ahead of us but next year 7 comes off their total and the following year another 8 comes off.

So they lose 15 points in the next 2 season while we lose 0.25.

The last 3 years totals

Are us
How far would we need to get this season to overtake them for next ?

I don't agree with the way it's all set up, knocked out of the CL qualifying rounds and drop into final qualifyers in Europa league.

Finish third in the CL group stages and straight into the last 32 of the Europa league, so bank around £30m from the CL and could end up in a situation where teams knocked out could make more money by continuing in the Europa league, first and second placed teams could get knocked out in the next round,while those in third place in theory could be a few rounds more and make millions more for being knocked out at group stages.

They then all have an extra chance to keep boosting their co-efficient after being knocked out by playing teams of weaker quality.

Just goes to show how important the CL group stages are knowing even if your knocked out you get a second bite of the cherry.

Even in the last 32 of the Europa you then have all the CL drop out's making it much harder for the smaller teams and all seeded.

Ha ha, was only joking mate nobody will take Al's place anytime soon, but you done well to work out what you did BBL.
Something else @The Blue Iceberg

Belgium are in 9th place, Scotland are only 4.475 behind them, Belgium lose a massive 12.5 points next season.

4 clubs still have games to play though.

Brugge, can't go further in CL but looking good for a place in the EL.

EL clubs.
Standard will go out even a draw against us wont save them, we have to beat them.
Antwerp top just now, will qualify I think.
Gent are already eliminated, bottom with no points.

Aye, took me ages to do this. :))

Something else @The Blue Iceberg

Belgium are in 9th place, Scotland are only 4.475 behind them, Belgium lose a massive 12.5 points next season.

4 clubs still have games to play though.

Brugge, can't go further in CL but looking good for a place in the EL.

EL clubs.
Standard will go out even a draw against us wont save them, we have to beat them.
Antwerp top just now, will qualify I think.
Gent are already eliminated, bottom with no points.

Aye, took me ages to do this. :))
Can't beat Friday nights in lockdown, fùcking epic! :rolleyes: :D

We are 30th in this seasons co-efficient( just checked on the UEFA website) ahead of some very good teams. Gerrard and the staff and players have been amazing. We should be proud of what we have achieved so far.

I am not sure either mate.

If it meant we only had to play one easier qualifying round instead of two difficult one then there is a case there.

Completely get that them winning any match is abhorrent to all of us.

As another poster said though, the chance of them winning their two matches is unlikely in the extreme.

Hopefully Rangers do the business and keep the blue flag flying high.
Ha, very true. It's a good point. They will get pumped twice so it's irrelevant. It's about US. WATP.

Back