Co-efficient standing

If the scum beat Copenhagen home and away then top 15 is guaranteed unless Basel go on a run to the semis.

Timmy will probably beat the Danes next week, which although sickening is I suppose good for the co-efficient.

If we could also reach the last 16 then I would imagine two CL spots for Scotland from 2021/22 would be a formality.

So what would 14th position mean for us then

Top 15 means we stay in the EL and dont drop down the new EL2 which is called the Conference.

With no teams from outside the top 15 leagues in the EL going forward its going to be a better quality of tournament.

13th & 14th place

Champions League
Champions QR3 - Champions Path
Runners-up QR2 - League Path

CW
Europa League - QR3 - Main Path

3rd & 4th place
Europa Conference League - QR2 Main Path

Same. It's a competition I'm actually interested in because it seems like any team could actually go far in it if they put together some good results. The CL feels like a foregone conclusion by comparison imho

I think it's far more interesting and competitive. Great tournament the results tonight across the board show how tight it is. Really hard to pick a winner from the teams. I do like the champions league but I agree it's far too similar. Also at the group stage there is far too big a financial gap. The bottom teams get absolutely hammered from the two progressing teams almost every year.

With more places in Europe comes more coefficient points divvied up with the likes of perennial 1st round losers like aberdeen and motherwell

Honestly I like the Europa league. Would rather watch us be able to win ties than get done in by Man City or PSG.

There will be next to no money in the Conference League.

We need to be in the CL qualifiers to be in either the CL or the Europa League.

The Conference League we would likely be able to win,but the other two is wear the money is

Is there a chance of us not having to play 4 qualifiers? That's the crucial thing for me.

With more places in Europe comes more coefficient points divvied up with the likes of perennial 1st round losers like aberdeen and motherwell

Yes, it'll give a yo yo effect.

If we're higher in the coefficient, we'll play less qualifiers = gain less points. If we get higher we will gain more spot = gain less points.

And so in a few years it's inevitable it'll go down again. We've only really got 2 years of us doing well in Europe in the last 5 so there's time to grow our ranking even higher. Top 10 comfortably achievable if us and the filth reach last 32 of Europa again next year.

In our journey back up the leagues, we took a significant step in the European version. Our coefficient is now 14.25 which moves us back into the top 100 at 96th place in the rankings. Still got a long way to go but we are starting to finally make inroads into this

Any bear know how much financially tonight's result means for us..?
It’s difficult to calculate. As mentioned above, there is a 1.1 M Euros to the team that advances. Unlike the group stage we don’t get a direct payment for the win but the win adds extra coefficient points to our ten year club ranking which can get you more coefficient shares which are worth 71,430 euros each and more market pool money as well. Details are here

Same. It's a competition I'm actually interested in because it seems like any team could actually go far in it if they put together some good results. The CL feels like a foregone conclusion by comparison imho
Totally agree. Every year you can almost guarantee 15 out of the last 16 Champions League teams before a group game has even been played.

We can genuinely compete in the Europa League and it's great.

I like the Europa League. It is a standard that we can genuinely compete at.Ideal situation is qualify for Champions League groups , get the money and then drop down and have a run in Europa.

Should never have been done to us, but listening to the 4lads pod earlier hearing Dean Shiels talk about the pitch at Annan and the like and realising that was only 6/7 years ago makes this even more remarkable.

There will be next to no money in the Conference League.

We need to be in the CL qualifiers to be in either the CL or the Europa League.

The Conference League we would likely be able to win,but the other two is wear the money is
While I totally agree with your point mate. I think some are being a bit harsh on the conference league. If we were in it and got to the final/won it everyone would be buzzing. Its essentially a new version of the cup winners cup and we sing songs about winning that

While I totally agree with your point mate. I think some are being a bit harsh on the conference league. If we were in it and got to the final/won it everyone would be buzzing. Its essentially a new version of the cup winners cup and we sing songs about winning that

It’s nothing like the CWC.

The CWC was a prestigious cup and this new thing is the third tournament - the CWCwas the second biggest cup.

Honestly I like the Europa league. Would rather watch us be able to win ties than get done in by Man City or PSG.
I'd rather the club have the chance to earn a huge wedge of cash that comes with the CL which is vital to us going forward. If money wasn't a concern then the EL is more our "level" ability wise if not stature.

I'd rather the club have the chance to earn a huge wedge of cash that comes with the CL which is vital to us going forward. If money wasn't a concern then the EL is more our "level" ability wise if not stature.

I wouldn't mind following the Seville model of getting the CL group League cash and making hay late into the EL each year to balance the bank with cash earned after January.

Back