Co-efficient Update

We’d need Hibs or Aberdeen to make the group stages one year and get a couple of victories for us to really make a difference
They'll be in the group stages next season. Winner of the Scottish cup/3rd place start their qualifying campaign in the Europa League playoff. Win they are in the Europa League group stages. Lose and they are in Conference league group stages.

They'll be in the group stages next season. Winner of the Scottish cup/3rd place start their qualifying campaign in the Europa League playoff. Win they are in the Europa League group stages. Lose and they are in Conference league group stages.
Interesting. I'm sure they will all be falling over themselves to give thanks for our great service to them and Scottish football. :rolleyes:

Excellent. Looks like it’s going to be Hibs.

In all my excitement last night I never realised who else went through and how that affects us

UEFA Calculator (@UEFACalculator) Tweeted:
Updated coefficient! Spain and England each drop a club for the first time this year. Russia is highest ranked country out; Scotland & Ukraine battling for 11th; Austria dead in the water trying to hold on to 10th; and, Young Boys trying to nab 15th for the Swiss. What a race! https://t.co/Cbm5CRCtuC

Thays annoying as 27.5 got in the seeded side of the Q4 draw this season.
We need to get them and pump them.
Their win last night didn't help

Slavia Prague would start in QR1 next season but would move to QR2 as the Czech League would benefit from this season CL winners qualifying for the group stage via their own league

Last edited:
Looks like a poor season drops off for us next year and we have a chance to build the coefficient significantly. In contract some of the near rivals see decent seasons drop off

Ideally Hibs or Aberdeen get put out at the Europa League play off stage. They’ll pick up points in the Conference League but be whipping boys in the Europa. We’ve picked up far more points in the Europa the past few years than we would have in the Champions League.

Yes they can. That could be a good draw actually as guarantees one goes out. We can knock out the winners in the QF!
Would be better if they both get papped out without winning another game. If they draw each other they will still gain points and one of them will have another 2 games to potentially earn more.

Belgium, Turkey, Austria all about to drop good seasons, especially the Belgians. We have two disaster seasons falling off. Gerrard could revive Scottish football if he keeps this momentum for a couple of seasons.

Belgium, Turkey, Austria all about to drop good seasons, especially the Belgians. We have two disaster seasons falling off. Gerrard could revive Scottish football if he keeps this momentum for a couple of seasons.
Came on to post this...

You best me to it as while I made this.

Screenshot-20210226-105406.jpg

I thought this was interesting.
Up to 9th.
If the poets give us a challenge at home and in Europe Scottish clubs could have a good few years.

Came on to post this...

Up to 9th.
If the poets give us a challenge at home and in Europe Scottish clubs could have a good few years.

Yeah, and with Austria and Russia having no teams left now this season, a win in one game would be a minimum of 8th, depending upon how Ajax do.

Scottish football is in a great place for the next couple of seasons, I reckon.

Came on to post this...

Up to 9th.

The Russians are about to suffer too. The season after next the coefficient could be remarkable

The Russians are about to suffer too. The season after next the coefficient could be remarkable
Yeah, and with Austria and Russia having no teams left now this season, a win in one game would be a minimum of 8th, depending upon how Ajax do.

Scottish football is in a great place for the next couple of seasons, I reckon.
The only problem being the 5th team in.
Unless the other 3 make this 3rd league and score at least a reasonable amount we will yo yo again over a few years.

If Scottish football could look forward and try to be somewhat progressive we could start competing with the likes of Portugal, Holland etc for consistent spots between 6th and 20th.

Yes they can. That could be a good draw actually as guarantees one goes out. We can knock out the winners in the QF!
No it wouldn't

It might guarantee them one out, but it also guarantees them a full point for the coefficient as they're certain of a team through. Realistically we want them getting tough draws and humped out with 2 defeats.

Next season will be interesting with us having 5 teams in Europe

However, we're certain of 2 teams in Group Stages. Us and the Cup Winners (or 3rd place) are certain of at very worst a group stage berth in the Conference league thing

A decent draw today, and it could go a long long way to making that 10th place spot a reality for 23/24 at worst

Don't think they have confirmed anything yet in term of any additional points but clubs will still 2 point win 1 point draw
As you say additional points not confirmed yet but a good source (Bert) gives the following (note no points at all for the first EL and ECL knock out round where the group winners get a bye);

Bonus points (also count for country ranking):
CL-GS = 4 points
EL-GW = 4 points
EL-RU = 2 points
ECL-GW = 2 points
ECL-RU = 1 point

EL-KO and ECL-KO no bonus points, no match points

CL-R16 = 5 points
EL-R16 = 1 point

CL-QF = 1 point
EL-QF = 1 point

CL-SF = 1 point
EL-SF = 1 point
ECL-SF = 1 point

CL-F = 1 point
EL-F = 1 point
ECL-F = 1 point

As you say additional points not confirmed yet but a good source (Bert) gives the following (note no points at all for the first EL and ECL knock out round where the group winners get a bye);

Bonus points (also count for country ranking):
CL-GS = 4 points
EL-GW = 4 points
EL-RU = 2 points
ECL-GW = 2 points
ECL-RU = 1 point

EL-KO and ECL-KO no bonus points, no match points

CL-R16 = 5 points
EL-R16 = 1 point

CL-QF = 1 point
EL-QF = 1 point

CL-SF = 1 point
EL-SF = 1 point
ECL-SF = 1 point

CL-F = 1 point
EL-F = 1 point
ECL-F = 1 point
A few changes to the current system then

No chance theyll win.

This season Q3

Seeded teams

Dinamo Zagreb ** Cro 33.500
Young Boys ** Sui 25.500
Red Star Belgrade * Srb 22.750
Qarabag FK * Azb 21.000
Maccabi Tel-Aviv * Isr 16.500

Unseeded teams

Molde FK * Nor 15.000
FC Midtjylland ** Den 14.500
Ferencváros * Hun 9.000
Omonia Nicosia * Cyp 5.350
Dynamo Brest * Bls 3.775

This season Q4

Seeded teams

FC Salzburg Aut 53.500
Olympiakos Piraeus Gre 43.000
Ferencváros * Hun (33.500)
Slavia Praha Cze 27.500

Unseeded teams coef.

FC Midtjylland ** Den (25.500)
Omonia Nicosia * Cyp (22.750)
Molde FK * Nor (21.000)
Maccabi Tel-Aviv * Isr 16.500

Ideally Hibs or Aberdeen get put out at the Europa League play off stage. They’ll pick up points in the Conference League but be whipping boys in the Europa. We’ve picked up far more points in the Europa the past few years than we would have in the Champions League.
These rhat bastetts should be thanking us!

We do if higher seeded teams go out in QR1 or QR2. Unlikely though.
Very unlikely. We’re not exactly next in line. We’d need three shock losses tbh and and the teams ahead of us are high flying at the moment.

Depends who goes out in Q3 though.

Dinamo Zagreb were the top seeds and went out.
True, I just find the possibility of 3 teams who are doing very well this season going out early to lesser teams in Q3 very unlikely. The only team who could realistically not win their league who are ahead of us are Red Star, still a chance Partizan could catch them but it looks unlikely. Actually, Dinamo Zagreb are neck and neck with Osijek too. But I'd be shocked if Osijek beat them to it.

True, I just find the possibility of 3 teams who are doing very well this season going out early to lesser teams in Q3 very unlikely. The only team who could realistically not win their league who are ahead of us are Red Star, still a chance Partizan could catch them but it looks unlikely. Actually, Dinamo Zagreb are neck and neck with Osijek too. But I'd be shocked if Osijek beat them to it.
The PO draw is done before QR3 starts

Back