Co-efficient

Scotland starting to threaten for an automatic CL group stage spot from 22/23.

Technically top 10 get the automatic spot but I believe 11th almost always get one as well as long as the winning team have qualified through their league position.

Currently 12th after tonight.
Two Turkish teams got knocked out, we play one next week. A lot of those above us lose good points next season and we only drop 4.375. I know it goes against the grain with many on here but another year like last season would set us up very nicely.

Two Turkish teams got knocked out, we play one next week. A lot of those above us lose good points next season and we only drop 4.375. I know it goes against the grain with many on here but another year like last season would set us up very nicely.
I’d prefer Celtic to lose every game like the vast majority of the fans Rab . Ye I know the benefits but the less income and more pressure and pain on those trash the better . Every day of life .

I’d prefer Celtic to lose every game like the vast majority of the fans Rab . Ye I know the benefits but the less income and more pressure and pain on those trash the better . Every day of life .
I'll no lose any sleep over it if they lose that's for sure. I'm no cheer leader for them either, it's a situation we can't lose out on far as I'm concerned. It would be nice to pick up an automatic spot to the CL they no doubt think they're more entitled to than us though.

Imagine they went out tonight.

Fun for a week or so but they would have a minimum of 6 games less than us.

%^*& that. Free midweek.

We would be coming back from hard away ties knackered and more chance of injuries while they rest.

If you move forward to next year, Scotland are up to 8th spot currently. Belgium drop way down the rankings as the lose 12pts, whereas Scotland only drop 4pts. However it also means we’ll have 5 teams in Europe so the points we pick up will be divided by five, not four.

Imagine they went out tonight.

Fun for a week or so but they would have a minimum of 6 games less than us.

%^*& that. Free midweek.

We would be coming back from hard away ties knackered and more chance of injuries while they rest.

yeah but would guys like Edouard, Ajer etc stick around without European football? They’d also have a huge financial while to fill that would mean limited replacements for the aforementioned players.

Imagine another club could help us and them out once in a while!

Annoys me as well that we propped the coefficient up last year yet Celtic by virtue of being “champions*” CL failures get the easy draws

Id really love a tilt at the champions path to the group stages, obviously. Think we could make it, non champions path for us, not so confident. The beasts would be better suited to the non champions path having the higher co ef

Also worth noting that top 12 means the Scottish Cup winners go direct into the group stages of the EL league.

No, we need them in the competition as long as were in it.
Why?
We get to piss ourselves at them going out and then they would need a fire sale to balance the books.
We have a tough task next week, not even sure who they have but it will not be of the same calibre as Galatasray.

Why?
We get to piss ourselves at them going out and then they would need a fire sale to balance the books.
We have a tough task next week, not even sure who they have but it will not be of the same calibre as Galatasray.
There wouldnt be a fire sale. They would sell a couple of players no doubt but probably only 1 starter. Theyve done that the last couple of years to make up for losing the CL money. They have a large squad to cope with selling someone though and the less fixtures they have compared to us the better chance they have of winning the league. We would also be playing catch up on Sundays after their Saturday games for 2 months plus it allows them free midweeks to make up postponed games at their leisure.

There wouldnt be a fire sale. They would sell a couple of players no doubt but probably only 1 starter. Theyve done that the last couple of years to make up for losing the CL money. They have a large squad to cope with selling someone though and the less fixtures they have compared to us the better chance they have of winning the league. We would also be playing catch up on Sundays after their Saturday games for 2 months plus it allows them free midweeks to make up postponed games at their leisure.
They would sell some of their best players and some would want away.
I have no fear of playing catch up, the prestige and coverage we are building in Europe has been brilliant.
Why is it a thing that we play a day late? It's getting away from this mindset that makes winners.

They would sell some of their best players and some would want away.
I have no fear of playing catch up, the prestige and coverage we are building in Europe has been brilliant.
Why is it a thing that we play a day late? It's getting away from this mindset that makes winners.
They wouldnt sell some. They would sell 1 or 2. I dont know where you're getting the idea that they can go without £25m CL money this season but missing out on £6m EL money would see them giving away the family silver.

This squad dont have that mindset. They keep cracking under that sort of pressure. We need to be keeping Celtc as close as possible.

Although it won't affect us we have also guaranteed a side outwith us and that lot will be playing group stage football next season (either Scottish Cup winners or third place in the league) either in the Europa League or if they get put out in the play off round in the Conference League which starts next season

They wouldnt sell some. They would sell 1 or 2. I dont know where you're getting the idea that they can go without £25m CL money this season but missing out on £6m EL money would see them giving away the family silver.

This squad dont have that mindset. They keep cracking under that sort of pressure. We need to be keeping Celtc as close as possible.
Just don't see it mate, we have had them on toast (even the cup final) apart from one game last year which was down to team selection.
We have a Manager that can attract players due to his name so any chink to their armour could be enough to tip the balance, so if they even sell one or two of their best players it may be enough.
Why give them any further funds, they keep telling us how rich they are but still always need to sell?
If we can sort out, the week to week SPFL mentality then we have a team that will go far.
A plague on their house.

Besiktas and alanyaspor both went out tonight there could be no Turkish teams in Europe come next weekend. Which nation is number 10?

Not true.
İstanbul Başakşehir have qualified automatically for the Champions League group stage.
Sivasspor have qualified automatically for the Europa League group stage.
However it's looking good for Turkey to have a poor year co-efficient wise.
Besiktas and Alanyaspor already out.
İstanbul Başakşehir won't make much of a mark on the CL IMO
Sivasspor bit of an unknown quantity at this level.

Just don't see it mate, we have had them on toast (even the cup final) apart from one game last year which was down to team selection.
We have a Manager that can attract players due to his name so any chink to their armour could be enough to tip the balance, so if they even sell one or two of their best players it may be enough.
Why give them any further funds, they keep telling us how rich they are but still always need to sell?
If we can sort out, the week to week SPFL mentality then we have a team that will go far.
A plague on their house.
Theyve sold their star striker and midfielder the last 2 seasons and still cantered the league. They have a bloated squad that can handle losing a player.

Losing 3 or 4 starting players might make a difference but missing out on EL isnt going to cause that. They dont seem to have many star players anymore apart from Edouard. Mcgregors form has fallen off a cliff. Forresf has had about a dozen good games in the last 10 decade and 6 of them came in the same month a couple of years ago. Their defence is leaking like the Titanic. Their odd fascination with BoliWally has ended. N'tcham doesnt seem to be mentioned much anymore. They couldnt get anyone to buy him when he was starting for them.

Theyve sold their star striker and midfielder the last 2 seasons and still cantered the league. They have a bloated squad that can handle losing a player.

Losing 3 or 4 starting players might make a difference but missing out on EL isnt going to cause that. They dont seem to have many star players anymore apart from Edouard. Mcgregors form has fallen off a cliff. Forresf has had about a dozen good games in the last 10 decade and 6 of them came in the same month a couple of years ago. Their defence is leaking like the Titanic. Their odd fascination with BoliWally has ended. N'tcham doesnt seem to be mentioned much anymore. They couldnt get anyone to buy him when he was starting for them.
But it would, this may be enough to tip the balance.
With Covid and no crowds they must be making huge losses so if they lose Eduardo who may leave anyway, they have got a massive squad with no big star names and not even the lure of European football to attract some potential.
Anyway we won tonight they gotta last min winner and they are 19th Century Terrorist bastards that I'm spending far too much time talking about them.
WATP good to chat.

Just as long as it's us who win the league and get the automatic spot, otherwise it'll just widen the financial gap between us and them even further.

Back