Co-efficient

Huge strides made in the last 2 seasons thanks to Rangers. Not to Aberdeen & Kilmarnock who have fucked it. I can’t help but think last seasons sticky patch around this time of year was down to the amount of games played. The sooner we are away from the 4 qualifiers the better

The czech’s have a high number of points for season 15/16 will that fall off for next year? They have 7 or so whereas Scotland has 3, will they fall at the start of next season and scotland would move up?

Is it possible to make the top ten? Say if Scotland collects or betters this season's total next season
Pretty much no. The only bizarre circumstances where this could happen would we draw Istanbul, and Celtic draw shaktar.

If both Scottish teams won, both games home and away the coefficient would rise to 28.625. Ukraine who are 10th would be on 33.5, and Turkey 11th on 32.8 but with no teams left.

Wed also need both Austrian teams to got out next round with no coefficient points picked up.

If all that happens, you'd need both Scottish teams to win both their last 16 ties which would take the coeffient up to 31.125 (this includes bonus points for quarter final qualifying).

You'd then need either scottish club to reach the semi finals and that might be enough to take 10th this year.

As it stands currently, Scotland will be up to 14th at the start of the year. We can’t go any lower than that now only higher depending on this campaigns results

Not sure. The coefficient based on todays results is for 2021 season. I think we need a couple of wins from the 4 ties we have at the moment to go ahead of the Czechs and gteed 15th place regardless of what the Cypriots do.

Pretty much no. The only bizarre circumstances where this could happen would we draw Istanbul, and Celtic draw shaktar.

If both Scottish teams won, both games home and away the coefficient would rise to 28.625. Ukraine who are 10th would be on 33.5, and Turkey 11th on 32.8 but with no teams left.

Wed also need both Austrian teams to got out next round with no coefficient points picked up.

If all that happens, you'd need both Scottish teams to win both their last 16 ties which would take the coeffient up to 31.125 (this includes bonus points for quarter final qualifying).

You'd then need either scottish club to reach the semi finals and that might be enough to take 10th this year.

source.gif

Not sure. The coefficient based on todays results is for 2021 season. I think we need a couple of wins from the 4 ties we have at the moment to go ahead of the Czechs and gteed 15th place regardless of what the Cypriots do.
I'm pretty sure a journalist tweeted Scotland needed 2 wins to go ahead of the Czechs,so now with our draw it will be a win and a draw from the remaining games.

I'm pretty sure a journalist tweeted Scotland needed 2 wins to go ahead of the Czechs,so now with our draw it will be a win and a draw from the remaining games.

Denmark arent that far ahead either with only Copenhagen left in.

Do we really want two places in the Champions League? At present when we win the league they would be out of the Champions League money. Their budget is built around getting that money. It would be annoying when we win the league, they would still get access to that cash.

Last edited:
Do we really want two places in the Champions League? At present when we win the league they would be out of the Champions League money. Their budget is built around getting that money. It would be annoying when we win the league, they would still get acces to that cash.

I know what you're saying but it helps player recruitment. On a level playing field we will beat them

Do we really want two places in the Champions League? At present when we win the league they would be out of the Champions League money. Their budget is built around getting that money. It would be annoying when we win the league, they would still get acces to that cash.

Not overly fussed about the second spot though it's the main talking point. What it also does is reduce the number of qualifying rounds we'd need to face and should we fail ti qualify, more change of qualifying in the safety net of the europa.

Do we really want two places in the Champions League? At present when we win the league they would be out of the Champions League money. Their budget is built around getting that money. It would be annoying when we win the league, they would still get access to that cash.

If they are struggling to qualify via the Champions route then they will have the same problems in the league qualifying route mate.

my biggest concern is adding a 5th team which will mean dividing the coeffiecent by 5 instead of 4. Really need Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc to step up in future years from 2021 which is unlikely.

Greece are just under a point behind us, they gave olympiacos left. Greece have a 5 team season so they only get .400 for a win and .200 for a draw. They can still catch us but would take a massive effort from them and a dreadful effort from us.

Huge strides made in the last 2 seasons thanks to Rangers. Not to Aberdeen & Kilmarnock who have fucked it. I can’t help but think last seasons sticky patch around this time of year was down to the amount of games played. The sooner we are away from the 4 qualifiers the better

You would think if a club makes the group stage two years in a row. get to 32 the 2nd year they should not have to qualify.

I really hope we dont have to many rounds next year to qualify for the CL.

You would think if a club makes the group stage two years in a row. get to 32 the 2nd year they should not have to qualify.

I really hope we dont have to many rounds next year to qualify for the CL.
I believe it either the same as the last few years or at best the 2nd qualifying round instead of the first. It's 21/22 this will change for us (especially if we get to 13/14th)

They have absolutely no chance of making it through 2 rounds against the likes of Ajax, Lyon, Porto, etc.

This is about less qualifying rounds for us, better seeding, more prize money and for the odd occasion, we might fail to win the league. From 21/22 it's no longer the Europa League for teams outside the top 15, it's the vauxhall conference cup. If we fail to win the league one year, could you imagine having to play to qualify for the group stages of an utter diddy cup.

If they are struggling to qualify via the Champions route then they will have the same problems in the league qualifying route mate.

my biggest concern is adding a 5th team which will mean dividing the coeffiecent by 5 instead of 4. Really need Aberdeen, Hibs, Hearts etc to step up in future years from 2021 which is unlikely.

They are going to have more of a struggle, they've went out to Cluj and AEK, I doubt they'll give Ajax or that much trouble.

The only good thing about the year we'd have 5 back is the conference league. Aberdeen and the like will go out in the qualifying stages and get a second chance to %^*& it up in the conference league . Depending on the round they start in, it could mean auto dropping into the conference group stages. I know 12th in the rankings means an auto Europa League group stage place. That isn't realistic for this year, but on current results, next season we start in 14th just under a point behind the Ukraine.

Ukraine still have Shaktar left and depending on their draw could do quite well in the Europa League

They are going to have more of a struggle, they've went out to Cluj and AEK, I doubt they'll give Ajax or that much trouble.

The only good thing about the year we'd have 5 back is the conference league. Aberdeen and the like will go out in the qualifying stages and get a second chance to %^*& it up in the conference league . Depending on the round they start in, it could mean auto dropping into the conference group stages. I know 12th in the rankings means an auto Europa League group stage place. That isn't realistic for this year, but on current results, next season we start in 14th just under a point behind the Ukraine.

Ukraine still have Shaktar left and depending on their draw could do quite well in the Europa League

When they say start of next year, thats a bit misleading. The access list for UEFA competitions in season 20/21 will be based on country ranking for 2019. Thats already decided, we are 20th. For 21/22 when the diddy cup starts it will be based on country ranking at end 2020 or the end of this seasons competitions. We are currently 16th and looking likely to get into top 15.

When they say start of next year, thats a bit misleading. The access list for UEFA competitions in season 20/21 will be based on country ranking for 2019. Thats already decided, we are 20th. For 21/22 when the diddy cup starts it will be based on country ranking at end 2020 or the end of this seasons competitions. We are currently 16th and looking likely to get into top 15.

Yeah I was meaning this year's campaign which is for the 2021/2022 season and posting that as it is the starting point of next year's campaign which is for the 2022/2023 season.

I can understand why people get so annoyed and hate the coefficient, unless you realise that things like this are for campaigns in 2/3 years and are still in flux, this stuff isn't that well explained by Uefa and you mostly find on other sites.

Back