Coaching drills for football teams 16yr old

gorbalsbear

Official Ticketer
Looking to have a look at some coaching websites for some fresh ideas for some new, fun, interesting drills for training, can anyone recommend any websites for new ideas?

I quite like sessionplanner it has a lot of variations on it for my under 14s

Here's Beale's coaching blog. It has some stuff on what different age groups should be doing. For something more detailed he has some books out

https://michaelbealecoaching.com/
Beale is imo,a bit of a genius- I'd be inclined to listen to anything the man has to say.

My methods for coaching an amateur team for a bit were pretty much fitness based and basic but suited to the lazy barstewards I was dealing with!

Sign up to E soccer drills,its free and they will email you weekly drills and training session plans,you can print them off and have them in a folder for training sessions.

I like this one. Well marketed in the way they send their books etc to Gerrard and others and get them to pose with them.

Get them up the sand dunes!!
I was left with a suitable hill in East Kilbride I made them run up and then bunny hop down instead :))
A couple of the staff used to run a sweep who would spew first at pre season,and it was always the eejit that thought it was a good idea to have a full dinner before attending

I was left with a suitable hill in East Kilbride I made them run up and then bunny hop down instead :))
A couple of the staff used to run a sweep who would spew first at pre season,and it was always the eejit that thought it was a good idea to have a full dinner before attending
That the showpark? Many a good dinner I've seen again after eating it on they drills

Reactions: cav
Beale is imo,a bit of a genius- I'd be inclined to listen to anything the man has to say.

My methods for coaching an amateur team for a bit were pretty much fitness based and basic but suited to the lazy barstewards I was dealing with!
We have an absolute top coach in Beale. The amount of dedication he has shown over his career to improve his own knowledge is unbelievable. I am using his drills he did 10 years ago with Chelsea and Liverpool kids with my youth team now.

We have an absolute top coach in Beale. The amount of dedication he has shown over his career to improve his own knowledge is unbelievable. I am using his drills he did 10 years ago with Chelsea and Liverpool kids with my youth team now.
Not to shove sunshine up your arse mate,but that's pretty cool.
The guy is ahead of the curve imo,and as much as I'll miss SG when he moves on I'm more concerned about Beale leaving.

Not to shove sunshine up your arse mate,but that's pretty cool.
The guy is ahead of the curve imo,and as much as I'll miss SG when he moves on I'm more concerned about Beale leaving.

I'm the same, I think he wants to go on to management eventually himself so I'm hoping that when SG goes to Liverpool at some stage then Beale could take over with us.

His website is fantastic that's where I got all his training plans from

Reactions: cav
I've no clue about coaching but I'd imagine with the way the world is these days coaching boys that age would be a nightmare, one I know what I was like that age, two, theres bound to be a couple of wee guys googling stuff and expecting you to be guardiola. But fair play for doing it and best of luck to you op

Back