Cocaine epidemic on the terraces

Never, drank, smoked or done drugs in my life, as it was a career choice for me.

Certainly doesn't stop me enjoying myself.

I certainly don't take a self righteous view on things though and in my circle of friends, all drink, some smoke, some do gear and some do all 3.

Some seem ok with it, some get into an absolute mess though with the gear sometimes and are full of the fears and regrets next day,

Each to their own but definitely not for me.

Certainly don't feel as if I'm missing out on anything.

Interesting. Going by a lot of your posts and mine MU I would suggest I am a good bit older than you. I often wish I never started smoking or drinking but in all honesty I've had some great times over the years doing both.
As I have stated many times over the years I drink to make other people interesting:)). Total respect for the fact that you can socialize with other drinkers and not drink yourself.

This threads class... we need an age versus opinion pole up. I guarantee all the "drugs are for mugs" bangers are 60+ and everyone else not against a few lines comes in under 60.

Its clearly not a football problem. Its society's cross to bare! I also guarantee every single person saying we should get the death penalty for enjoying a few lines at the weekend has sons/daughters/grandkids doing exactly the same thing and more than likely have a few close relatives who punt.

It's as common as a few beers nowadays and I reckon at least 70% of any pub, nightclub or any sort of social gathering have a bag of powder tucked away somewhere.

Cocaine at fitba is a ludicrous explanation for the rise on bellends running on the park. Lazy journalism, let's blame fitba for society's woes. Gees peace.

Interesting. Going by a lot of your posts and mine MU I would suggest I am a good bit older than you. I often wish I never started smoking or drinking but in all honesty I've had some great times over the years doing both.
As I have stated many times over the years I drink to make other people interesting:)). Total respect for the fact that you can socialize with other drinkers and not drink yourself.

I'm surrounded by some serious drinkers on our supporters bus and I can mix with them all fine, no problem.
I'm never even tempted mate tbh.

Hate drugs though.

I've been drug tested so many times in and out of competition since I was a teenager, that even if I wanted to, which I never did, I couldn't have done them anyway.

I'm certainly not anti drink or smoking, but it's just not for me.

That said, I do love the pub environment and a good night out up the town or a pre/post match blast in the Grapes.

Sharon (who runs the Grapes) even gets me my own stash of ice tea lol.

I'm surrounded by some serious drinkers on our supporters bus and I can mix with them all fine, no problem.

Hate drugs though.

I've been drug tested so many times in and out of competition since I was a teenager, that even if I wanted to, which I never did, I couldn't have done them anyway.

That said, I do love the pub environment and a good night out up the town or a pre/post match blast in the Grapes.

Wait to Blackpool when @Neilston Unionist ruins it for every Rangers fan in attendance

Just Listening to a joe rogan podcast with a journalist (Ben Anderson) who has spent a lot of time in Syria , Afghanistan & other war situations on the frontline and how the experience had led to PTSD with what he’d experienced / seen.
He mentions how he is now part of medical trial of using MDMA alongside the military veterans to treat & possibly cure PTSD in the USA and how it has seen such positive results, passed the initial drug trial requirements of the US regulators so far and will be legal by 2021/2022 for medical use..

I mean when even the conservatives of FOX News think it’s a positive move, how can anyone still be so blasé to just right off all drugs & their usage as detrimental / degenerative?

Last edited:
This threads class... we need an age versus opinion pole up. I guarantee all the "drugs are for mugs" bangers are 60+ and everyone else not against a few lines comes in under 60.

Its clearly not a football problem. Its society's cross to bare! I also guarantee every single person saying we should get the death penalty for enjoying a few lines at the weekend has sons/daughters/grandkids doing exactly the same thing and more than likely have a few close relatives who punt.

It's as common as a few beers nowadays and I reckon at least 70% of any pub, nightclub or any sort of social gathering have a bag of powder tucked away somewhere.

Cocaine at fitba is a ludicrous explanation for the rise on bellends running on the park. Lazy journalism, let's blame fitba for society's woes. Gees peace.

Sorry but that's wrong. I'm 40 and never done any drugs in my life, never touched a cigarette either, along with many friends who haven't so you can't say that for certain.

Opinion pole.
Cross to bare.

The drugs certainly don't help with your spelling. :rolleyes:

"more than likely have a few close relatives who punt." "at least 70% of any pub, nightclub or any sort of social gathering have a bag of powder tucked away somewhere."

Maybe in your world, but I don't believe for a minute that this is the norm.

Last edited:
Opinion pole.
Cross to bare.

The drugs certainly don't help with your spelling. :rolleyes:

"more than likely have a few close relatives who punt." "at least 70% of any pub, nightclub or any sort of social gathering have a bag of powder tucked away somewhere."

Maybe in your world, but I don't believe for a minute that this is the norm.
Nothing worse than someone spell checking you on a message board...

It 100% is the norm. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not true.

Hate drugs though.

Likewise. I do drink fairly heavily on my days off I guess, in my mind I counter that to an extent with training and a good diet when I'm working. I competed with the bdfpa when I was in my early 20's and have a safety critical job that's not worth sacrificing for a bit of gear so I've always been of the opinion that drugs just simply aren't for me. I know folk that partake and a couple are good friends but it doesn't mean that I'm interested, its their body to do as they wish.

Drugs should be legal.

All of them.

It’s the modern day prohibition.

Regulate them, make them safe, but them out to tender (£ billions) to the big pharmas, tax them (£ billions) and save on all the addictions/illnesses/problem cases (£ billions).

The war on drugs was lost a long time ago. Time to accept it and do what we can to make the best of it.

Almost seems too simple.

Back