Cocaine epidemic on the terraces

This is nonsense.

It may show DIRECT stats but doesn't show the criminality involved to get it.

All the thieving, lying and cheating. Violence from suppliers to small time dealers etc. It is comparing apples with pears
There's an easy answer to that mate.

Your idea of how to improve society is to send people off to death camps????

No it’s to apply capital punishment to those who commit certain designated crimes. Something a fair portion of the world does. I suggested removing addicts from normal society and segregation into male female and leaving them on uninhabited islands off the west coast. It was just a radical plan an idea as the current set up doesn’t work and it costs the ‘majority’ tax to support them. Is it the answer probably not but the current solution is not to have a solution.

The only point I've seen you make is that people should be forced into a lepar colony for choosing to enjoy different things in life than you do.

Let's put it this way, right now are drugs legal? On the whole, no.

Do we have a high number of people currently using drugs in this country? Yes, ubdoubtably.

So the current system of prohibition does not prevent drug use. That is an absolute, stone cold fact which is indisputable.

Why are you so against reforms?

Why not create a mature environment where people are given the knowledge to choose what substances, if any, to enjoy in moderation.

Surely you can admit that drugs aren't going away?

You have your view and I mine we won’t agree not ever. You can win the war on drugs or criminal gangs but such a war requires measures that the snow flake generation wouldn’t like. However such tactics won WW2 so apply that to the sources the suppliers and the users and there is a solution.
On the actual point of the thread what is the point in going to watch the Rangers when your off your face on anything I’ve never understood that completely pointless in my view.

No it’s to apply capital punishment to those who commit certain designated crimes. Something a fair portion of the world does. I suggested removing addicts from normal society and segregation into male female and leaving them on uninhabited islands off the west coast. It was just a radical plan an idea as the current set up doesn’t work and it costs the ‘majority’ tax to support them. Is it the answer probably not but the current solution is not to have a solution.
You sound absolutely prehistoric with your post mate. Addicts are people too and mostly victims of circumstance. Maybe try reading up on it and you may change your opinion. Are you aware the vast majority of cases of people who end up as drug addicts or indeed alcoholics were abused as children and turn to substances as a coping mechanism. Na didn't think so, fűck them they're just scum eh :rolleyes:

You have your view and I mine we won’t agree not ever. You can win the war on drugs or criminal gangs but such a war requires measures that the snow flake generation wouldn’t like. However such tactics won WW2 so apply that to the sources the suppliers and the users and there is a solution.
On the actual point of the thread what is the point in going to watch the Rangers when your off your face on anything I’ve never understood that completely pointless in my view.
Mate I think it was views like yours we were fighting in WW2.

Also I'd imagine it helps in recent years.

X

See post 303 for my cartel free utopia.

If you're concerned about gangsters selling drugs the only way to stop that is to legalise.

It's a billion-dollar business - the cartels are not going to simply step aside. It's gone too far. Legislation in the UK might curtail it a little but it's not going to have any impact on other nations.

It's a billion-dollar business - the cartels are not going to simply step aside. It's gone too far. Legislation in the UK might curtail it a little but it's not going to have any impact on other nations.
That's true but if end users can purchase drugs without risk of criminality from licenses outlets, the demand in the UK at least for illegally sourced drugs falls off a cliff.

If more countries followed suit it would flow up stream eventually.

We can only tackle one issue at a time and it would certainly solve a lot issues here.

That's true but if end users can purchase drugs without risk of criminality from licenses outlets, the demand in the UK at least for illegally sourced drugs falls off a cliff.

If more countries followed suit it would flow up stream eventually.

We can only tackle one issue at a time and it would certainly solve a lot issues here.

I think it's a little naive to believe legalisation will cure all ills as one of your earlier posts suggest. Illegality and lack of access curtails consumption. Remove those and there will be an impact on society.

Do you think pricing will be similar? Who's selling it at 11pm? The restrictions will still allow for illegal market.

As an aside, people might be surprised to know that the UK is the biggest manufacturer of legal cocaine.

I think it's a little naive to believe legalisation will cure all ills as one of your earlier posts suggest. Illegality and lack of access curtails consumption. Remove those and there will be an impact on society.

Do you think pricing will be similar? Who's selling it at 11pm? The restrictions will still allow for illegal market.

As an aside, people might be surprised to know that the UK is the biggest manufacturer of legal cocaine.
Of course its not a cure all, the person that comes up with that will be up the Nobel Peace Prize!

As it stands right now anyone who wants to do drugs can. Their being illegal honestly has no impact on that.

Pricing and opening hours I honestly have no idea about, that's probably getting a bit ahead of ourselves. Without having to pay off police, judges, customs officials and without having to ship it around the world discreetly I imagine it could be produced at a similar price it is now. I'm not an expert on biochemical engineering though so don't quote me on that ;)

Re their being an illegal Market still, Maybe so but you can bet your bottom dollar that the impacts and fallout from the illegal drug trade would be far, far lower than they are currently. That can only be a good thing no?

Interesting fact. Funny that when you're a young lad from a council estate trying to make ends meet your a scumbag who deserves prison (or a death camp if some had their way) but if your a Business Exec with the right connections you can produce and sell all the drugs you want!

I was half way through typing a response but theres really no point I don't think. Yourself and others have presented facts and knowledge on the subject, and him along with others have continued to use the same pish statements over and over again.

Like debating with a brick wall.

Sorry but the amount of posters on here trivialising Class A Drug use at a football match or general is frankly disturbing.

It's illegal for a start, that's without even discussing the effects it has on people's bodies and add into that the misery it'd brought to millions upon millions of familes worldwide I think it's hardly something to brag about or think your big and hard. I'm guessing you've no responsibility like a child or that.

As well imagine walking into a toilet at the football with your child and some coked up wee fcker is powdering his nose in front of them. Last thing he'd worry about is being caught. His head would be rattled off the wall.

Sorry but the amount of posters on here trivialising Class A Drug use at a football match or general is frankly disturbing.

It's illegal for a start, that's without even discussing the effects it has on people's bodies and add into that the misery it'd brought to millions upon millions of familes worldwide I think it's hardly something to brag about or think your big and hard. I'm guessing you've no responsibility like a child or that.

As well imagine walking into a toilet at the football with your child and some coked up wee fcker is powdering his nose in front of them. Last thing he'd worry about is being caught. His head would be rattled off the wall.

Completely seperate issue. No one on this thread is saying that It's fine to rattle gear at the football infront of weans ffs.

Assault is also illegal

Now you're suggesting assaulting someone in front of your child?

To clarify, open drug use in front of kids is also totally unacceptable.

Rattling folks head off a wall is illegal as well

Now you're suggesting assaulting someone in front of your child?

To clarify, open drug use in front of kids is also totally unacceptable.

Hardly suggesting it ffs.

Drug use in general is unacceptable tbh. It's sad that people need to use Illegal drugs to be a person they can't be normally. As I've stated loads of times they need a serious look at their lives.

Hardly suggesting it ffs.

Drug use in general is unacceptable tbh. It's sad that people need to use Illegal drugs to be a person they can't be normally. As I've stated loads of times they need a serious look at their lives.

a lot of people use drugs in the same way people use alcohol, social events, have a good time etc its not to make them a person ffs

you seem to have a very outdated view on drugs and its rather sad. Concentration camps,now saying you'll smash heads of walls... keyboard warrior indeed.

a lot of people use drugs in the same way people use alcohol, social events, have a good time etc its not to make them a person ffs

you seem to have a very outdated view on drugs and its rather sad. Concentration camps,now saying you'll smash heads of walls... keyboard warrior indeed.

Spot on mate, some of the views on drugs in this thread are archaic.

No different from someone enjoying a drink, some can have a drink and a good time, with some others the drink brings out the inner arsehole.

Give me someone who enjoys a smoke or a pill over a drinker any day of the week.

Yeah cause you know me eh tit

What a pish article.

Some folks go to games now and then have a bevvy and act a bit daft....

This is offence by a thing that has gone on for years with minimal issue or damage as a result of it.

Pathetic.

Think you should grow up needing to take illegal drugs to make you a person you clearly ain't.

I'd say only one person is a throbber and it ain't me.

What a sad life you lead.

I reckon most folk take illegal drugs because they have a great time while on them, that was certainly why I dabbled years ago, I just enjoy alcohol these days.

The one point I totally agree with and everyone on the thread seems to be on the same level with is that's it's totally unacceptable subjecting minors to casual drug taking, stick to the cubicles lads.

I reckon most folk take illegal drugs because they have a great time while on them, that was certainly why I dabbled years ago, I just enjoy alcohol these days.

The one point I totally agree with and everyone on the thread seems to be on the same level with is that's it's totally unacceptable subjecting minors to casual drug taking, stick to the cubicles lads.

Or why even take it a football match at all ffs mate.

People that need to do that need to look at their lives.

Coming from someone who thinks taking drugs at a football match is acceptable i think I'll pass on the opinion of yourself about me.
Where did I say that? Its reprehensible behaviour however so is smashing people's heads off walls. You ought to learn how to read peoples posts before making a fool of yourself

Or why even take it a football match at all ffs mate.

People that need to do that need to look at their lives.

I don't get the need to take it at the game either and really not that bothered TBH, I tanned a bottle of Bucky before I got on the bus on saturday then had 3 pints in the Louden, it gave me a pleasant buzz and I managed right through till 6.30 before getting my next drink, I imagine it's easier concealing a wrap of gear right enough :))

I'm 48 now and regularly told to grow up :))

Where did I say that? Its reprehensible behaviour however so is smashing people's heads off walls. You ought to learn how to read peoples posts before making a fool of yourself

I'm not one making a c*nt of myself stuffing shite up my nose to make me socially acceptable and a plastic hardman while lining the pockets of criminals.

But hey ho knock yourself out with that one. Maybe one day you'll get your priorities in life sorted.

Most people under 40 do it, probably a lot over 40 too.

The idea that people who do are some sort of scumbags is ridiculous and simply wrong. It's rife amongst the poor, rich, whoever. People like it, and as mentioned previously on this thread most people are absolutely fine on it and don't have a problem.

Doesn’t change the fact they’re perpetuating a hugely destructive criminal underworld just to satisfy their dirty habit.

Surely you'd be better having your tax not paying for the fight against it, make them legal and everyone wins. You're not paying tax for any aspect of drugs trade and people will be free to do as they wish.

The folk calling for the legalization of drugs are always so radical about it.

From a practical point of view, it’s completely unworkable.

The folk calling for the legalization of drugs are always so radical about it.

From a practical point of view, it’s completely unworkable.
I'd say there's a fair degree of radicalism involved in wanting to either bounce heads off walls or set up Auschwitz on the Isle of Skye.

I'm genuinely interested in how you quantify it being unworkable?

I'd say there's a fair degree of radicalism involved in wanting to either bounce heads off walls or set up Auschwitz on the Isle of Skye.

I'm genuinely interested in how you quantify it being unworkable?

Considering there are a fair amount of conservative attitudes in the UK, such attitudes would require erosion before all drugs are suddenly legalized. Otherwise, there would be major conflict preventing the policy from being effective.

Also, what exactly are the parameters going to be? Is it complete legalization or just decriminalsiation? These issues would need resolved.

Would it lead to demands for more advanced recovery facilities, and what implication would this have on the health service and tax payer?

Could it lead to destigmatisation to the extent that drug use becomes more socially acceptable and users more brazen? What impact would this have on younger people if drug taking was to be even less taboo than it already is - more usage I’d predict.

This is just scratching the surface. It’s a complete minefield riddled with uncertainties.

Last edited:
Considering there are a fair amount of conservative attitudes in the UK, such attitudes would require erosion before all drugs are suddenly legalized. Otherwise, there would be major conflict preventing the policy from being effective.

Also, what exactly are the parameters going to be? Is it complete legalization or just decriminalsiation? These issues would need resolved.

Would it lead to demands for more advanced recovery facilities, and what implication would this have on the health service and tax payer?

Could it lead to destigmatisation to the extent that drug use becomes more socially acceptable and users more brazen? What impact would this have on younger people if drug taking was to be even less taboo than it already is - more usage I’d predict.

This is just scratching the surface. It’s a complete midfield riddled with uncertainties.

Decriminalization works well in Portugal

This is just scratching the surface. It’s a complete midfield riddled with uncertainties.
I would argue those people need to get with the times, societal growth shouldn't be on hold because of dinosaurs with archaic opinions.

I've outlined on here a few times what I think the parameters should be. Fit for purpose education and free choice like everything else in life.

Destigimitsation is only an issue if you stigmatise it in the first place. This again would be remedied by education and everyone else will be in the dinosaur category. Remember alcohol was illegal and stigmatised in the States in the last 100 years. How things have changed.

Drugs generates zero tax income for the government right now yet the public are paying for the societal and health impacts of drugs - how much is this costing currently? Taxing a very popular commodity can only reduce the defecit currently faced. This is not considering the current cost of the war on drugs which will be far higher than the cost of addiction treatments etc.

Portugal decriminalised drugs in 2009 and studies have shown no significant increase in drug misuse. They actually consume a fraction of the amount of cocaine per capita than similar European countries. There has also been significant progress in reducing the spread of diseases like HIV due to proper education and access to the right facilities, services and treatment.

I personally hate drugs and have my own reasons for doing so (with the exception of cannabis)

But there is a strong case for legalisation, in Switzerland when they made heroin on prescription petty street crime fell by like 80% and street prostitution went to nearly zero, after it was available for fck all.

Also a point to note that hardly any of the heroin addicts stayed on the programme, even though it was free the majority managed to quit.

For drugs such as smack I'd agree to legalise it instantly, not to keen on coke and MDMA being available to buy, due to kids being nuggets.

If people think they can sniff gear every weekend and stay fit the rest of thier life they are wrong and very fcking wrong.

Last edited:
Back