Coefficient bonus

Slight thread hijack. Sorry. Will we be seeded for the draw for the knockout phase?
We will play a team who finish 3rd in their Champions League group. Some top sides dropping down to Europa like Dortmund and probably Barcelona.

December 9, 20216th match Europa League group stage
December 13, 2021draw for Champions League round of 16
draw for Europa League knockout round play-off
February 15/16/22/23, 2022Round of 16 Champions League, 1st leg
February 17, 2022Knockout round play-off Europa League, 1st leg
February 24, 2022Knockout round play-off Europa League, 2nd leg
February 25, 2022draw for Europa League round of 16

Ahh fair enough. According to this page. Some of the champions league teams are unseeded so thought it might of meant we could be seeded.

There is "seeding" but the only benefit that gets you is a home second leg, which isn't really much of a deal anymore with away goals being scrapped.

17th Feb (A)
24th Feb (H)

Dortmund Sheriff and Zenit are the three confirmed potential opponents.

There is "seeding" but the only benefit that gets you is a home second leg, which isn't really much of a deal anymore with away goals being scrapped.

17th Feb (A)
24th Feb (H)

Dortmund Sheriff and Zenit are the three confirmed potential opponents.
Sweet cheers for clarifying that.

This in spades. Weve done more for the coefficient in the last few years than the beggars done when they had basically auto qualification for CLs (qualifying)
Im actually tempted to go onto the bert kassies site and break this down. how many points we've accrued in 4 years v them in ten in excel format. But then I remembered im no a virgin.

December 9, 20216th match Europa League group stage
December 13, 2021draw for Champions League round of 16
draw for Europa League knockout round play-off
February 15/16/22/23, 2022Round of 16 Champions League, 1st leg
February 17, 2022Knockout round play-off Europa League, 1st leg
February 24, 2022Knockout round play-off Europa League, 2nd leg
February 25, 2022draw for Europa League round of 16Rfit…..

How much damage will be done by the stinking tramps stumbling into the Intertoto Conference Vase or whatever the f.uck it's called?

I'm sure they're on 7 points, same as us, in terms of their coefficient at the moment.

No real loss dropping into the Conference League from that perspective. Given the teams we can face and who they can get, you'd have to fancy them to get more coefficient points than us this season.

If not, it'll mean we've done very well.

The eight group-winners of the EL group stage qualify for the round of 16. The eight runners-up of the group stage (RANGERS) qualify for the knock-out round of the Europa League.

The clubs that finish this stage in third position in their group qualify for the knock-out round of the Europa Conference League. The clubs that finish this stage in fourth position in their group are eliminated.

In knockout round play-offs the runners-up of the Europa League group stage (RANGERS) are seeded above the teams that finish third in the UEFA Champions League group stage. Clubs from the same association can not be drawn against each other.

Does it?

I thought the bonus was only if you reach the last 16.

It's all change this year so I'm kind of confused to be honest.

They've added the bonuses to group winners and runners up to balance out the different numbers of games, and the fact runners up need to face a team dropping from the competition above.

I'm sure they're on 7 points, same as us, in terms of their coefficient at the moment.

No real loss dropping into the Conference League from that perspective. Given the teams we can face and who they can get, you'd have to fancy them to get more coefficient points than us this season.

If not, it'll mean we've done very well.
As it stands, teams top of their respective conference tables.

Lask
Gent
Bodo/Glimt (scored 8 goals against Roma over 2 games)
AZ Alkmaar
Feyenoord
Copenhagen
Rennes
Basel

With a few months of Gio putting his stamp on the squad, potentially strengthening in Jan and players coming back into form, I'd fancy us to take a CL drop out the likes of Brugge, Sheriff, Young Boys or even a Wolfsburg/Benfica more than I'd fancy their laughable defence against any of the above.

Lask
Gent
AZ Alkmaar
Feyenoord
Copenhagen
Rennes
Basel

With a few months of Gio putting his stamp on the squad, potentially strengthening in Jan and players coming back into form, I'd fancy us to take a CL drop out the likes of Brugge, Sheriff, Young Boys or even a Wolfsburg/Benfica more than I'd fancy their laughable defence against any of the above.

They're playing a team in 2nd place in the next round, so not quite that list.

They're playing a team in 2nd place in the next round, so not quite that list.
Noted but quite a few of them only have a point or two separating them from 2nd, some of whom are likes of Napoli/Roma. My point being, their progression is no more likely than ours imo.

Lask
Gent
AZ Alkmaar
Feyenoord
Copenhagen
Rennes
Basel

They’ll be playing the 2nd place teams, who aren’t very good :)) I will be amazed if they don’t reach the quarters.

Any bonus is always good. We’ve been poor this year, but gave still managed to get through. Them play “the Celtic way” means they are always likely to lose more games than they win, which gives ourselves an uphill battle from the jump maintaining a decent coefficient.

The coefficient is only safe with Rangers.

The other clubs can’t be trusted with it.

Rangers - the saviours of Scottish football.

There's obviously bigger reasons to want to win the league and get automatic CL entry (it's the league, the money etc.), but this for me is another reason why we need to. It would be fcking criminal if we dragged this league up the co-efficient table, only for the scum to profit off of our hard work.

They’ll be playing the 2nd place teams, who aren’t very good :)) I will be amazed if they don’t reach the quarters.
Tottenham, Roma, Slavia Prague, some of the current 2nd place teams. You'd fancy them against teams like that? The only points they've picked up this season have been against a woeful ferencvaros. They score a few goals going forward, but a by product of this is that they couldn't keep a clean sheet against threave rovers. Any of those 3 teams would take 4 or 5 off them over 2 legs.

We will play a team who finish 3rd in their Champions League group. Some top sides dropping down to Europa like Dortmund and probably Barcelona.
It will be Barcelona.
With the Gio connection it is inevitable.

Qualification from the group stage 3 years running is a significant achievement for a Scottish side. Rangers are without doubt the top Scottish club in European football by a county mile now.

The tramps on the other hand have spent about £50m plus over the last 4 seasons and qualified from a group stage once in that time and still haven't won a tie past Christmas since 2004.

Maybe playing team's in the euro diddy intertoto league might help them in that respect.

Tottenham, Roma, Slavia Prague, some of the current 2nd place teams. You'd fancy them against teams like that? The only points they've picked up this season have been against a woeful ferencvaros. They score a few goals going forward, but a by product of this is that they couldn't keep a clean sheet against threave rovers. Any of those 3 teams would take 4 or 5 off them over 2 legs.
Spurs don’t really care about it, and might not even qualify. Roma could finish top, but if they finished second I’d back Celtic to beat them aye.

Prague seem to regressed like hell, so wouldn’t be surprised.

For the record, I’d back is to beat all three as well.

Hopefully they draw Qurabag.

Spurs don’t really care about it, and might not even qualify. Roma could finish top, but if they finished second I’d back Celtic to beat them aye.

Prague seem to regressed like hell, so wouldn’t be surprised.

For the record, I’d back is to beat all three as well.

Hopefully they draw Qurabag.
I just personally think, that with the absolute laughable nick of their defence, any team with pace and a half clinical forward could have a lot of joy. Either way, enjoy the conference lads.

Back