Colak, Morelos & Roofe in same team?

AriseSirWalter

Official Ticketer
Rangers Review (I think) said Beale spoke about trying to get all three in the same team.

Love the ambition but can’t see how this would work. Anyone care to hazard a guess? Roofe and Morelos as the 2 #10s behind Colak is the obvious option given Gerrard’s formation but I think that would result in us creating less. I read Beale played 4312 at QPR so maybe Roofe behind Morelos and Colak?

It would likely mean Kent dropping out unless we went 343.

Just shows you how much pace we lack.

It feels like we’re one of the slowest teams about.

Can’t see it . Will be 2/3 max

I can see

Kent colak/Morelos Roofe

Also interesting to see if he can make a player out of Matondo

The striker position is arguable the most interesting under Beale . Morelos prob suits his system better but he’s been stinking this season and colak has been arguably our best player

Rangers Review (I think) said Beale spoke about trying to get all three in the same team.

Love the ambition but can’t see how this would work. Anyone care to hazard a guess? Roofe and Morelos as the 2 #10s behind Colak is the obvious option given Gerrard’s formation but I think that would result in us creating less. I read Beale played 4312 at QPR so maybe Roofe behind Morelos and Colak?

It would likely mean Kent dropping out unless we went 343.
It aint going to happen, maybe short term for one game.
If its rinse the same old shite then we have a problem.
Morelos and roofe should be off asap.

spoiling.jpg

Roofe and Alfie as the 2 number 10's?

We could play that at home against the muck no problem surely?

There is no reason why we couldn't. Is it any worse than Kent/Sakala just sitting out the wings waiting for the ball?

I would love to see. Could really destroy some of the diddy teams at home.

Why?

We've never tried him there as far as I can remember.
Hes lost the little pace he had 4-5 years ago.

Struggles to beat a player.

Isnt the best passer of a football.

Has little finesse.

Dont think i need to go on.

He is a 9 - nothing else.

There is no reason why we couldn't. Is it any worse than Kent/Sakala just sitting out the wings waiting for the ball?

Tillman, is a 10, kent can play there if needed, possibly lawrence also.

Im not really sure roofe can.

Morelos 100% cannot.

Hes lost the little pace he had 4-5 years ago.

Struggles to beat a player.

Isnt the best passer of a football.

Has little finesse.

Dont think i need to go on.

He is a 9 - nothing else.
I can't really argue with that but we have never tried and he's young enough that he should be able to adapt.

Personally if I were to try him in a position other than a 9 I'd go for a floating 10 along with Kent.

My point really is that, on his game, he's a goal scoring threat, and I don't think that necessarily needs to be as a 9.

Even when he's playing at this best, he's left, right, centre and midfield.

Anyone watching the first OF game of last season, where Helander scored the winner, will realise what the Manager sees in Roofe in terms of quality; what he can do with a ball is incredible at times. If we could get him back he would be such an asset this season.

Because he’s nowhere near good enough technically to be able to operate as a number ten and link midfield to attack.
HIs link up play is one of his assets.

It's our major complaint about Čolak.

In fairness we don't have the luxury of experimenting but all I've read for months is why don't we play the two together.

Maybe, against lower league teams, it's worth a try.

I’m not keen on any plans with Morelos in them anymore. And any plan with Roofe in it is ridiculous, he’ll be injured before it’s tried out.

I can't really argue with that but we have never tried and he's young enough that he should be able to adapt.

Personally if I were to try him in a position other than a 9 I'd go for a floating 10 along with Kent.

My point really is that, on his game, he's a goal scoring threat, and I don't think that necessarily needs to be as a 9.

Even when he's playing at this best, he's left, right, centre and midfield.
Think we need to agree to disagee on this one mate.

Roofe would never be fit enough for long enough.

Morelos would not be fit enough or motivated enough for long enough.

It’ll never happen. Thank God

Morelos and Roofe need to be gone ASAP, they are both part of the overall problem of us not having enough fit players at any given time. Plus Morelos pretty obviously couldn’t give a shit about the club which has given him so much.

When will people realize that Kemar Roofe will never be fit enough to play 2-3 games in a row for us? I'm sorry but the guy is a wage thief. If he was as effective on the pitch as he was on Instagram we would have a superstar.

When will people realize that Kemar Roofe will never be fit enough to play 2-3 games in a row for us? I'm sorry but the guy is a wage thief. If he was as effective on the pitch as he was on Instagram we would have a superstar.
Roofe has played 2-3 games in a row several times.
He was also pretty effective when we won the title.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Borna
Kamara
Lawrence Kent
Morelos
Roofe Colak

Perhaps similar to how Lafferty, Naismith and Jelavic played v Kilmarnock in 2011?
None of our current three could play the ultra important Naismith role.

This is part of our problem and was a major part of GvB’s problem.
Shoehorning players into positions they couldn’t really play.
If you want to play two strikers, get two that can play with each other.
If you want two number tens, get two who can play the role.
Desist with trying to fit good players into the wrong roles.
Kamara is another example of Gio’s fascination with this idea.
He is a deep lying midfield playmaker, a number eight, I think that translates to.
Not a number ten.

Morelos is incapable playing that position.

Grateful if you could explain.
None of our current three could play the ultra important Naismith role.

Maybe, for specific matches against ultra defensive teams, that is where Mr Beale may disagree with you.

Alfie can take and play a pass and is generally regarded as a good link up player. Fitness and attitude may be an issue mind you.

Would need to be a 4-2-4 formation with the 2 wider men of kent and roofe and aflie colak as the strikers. But ad imagine that would only be used in a last 10 mins sitution to go get a win

Back