Colak, Morelos & Roofe in same team?

Grateful if you could explain.

Maybe, for specific matches against ultra defensive teams, that is where Mr Beale may disagree with you.

Alfie can take and play a pass and is generally regarded as a good link up player. Fitness and attitude may be an issue mind you.
for all the reasons I put down earlier in the thread.

With respect mate if anyone thinks beale will play alfredo as a ten or even behind a striker in any way then I would say they need their head looked at:D

Are we trying to go for the slowest forward line ever?

They all have different qualities but they all lack a real burst of pace. You only put all 3 on when you are chasing a game not from the start.

Grateful if you could explain.

Maybe, for specific matches against ultra defensive teams, that is where Mr Beale may disagree with you.

Alfie can take and play a pass and is generally regarded as a good link up player. Fitness and attitude may be an issue mind you.
You’re subliminal dig there is on the wrong guy, bud.
I’m forever being criticised for my “the professionals know best” attitude.
Of course “Mr Beale” will know best and there is no doubt that Morelos is a top link up player but that, to me, is a bit different to being a number ten.

At home to most teams in the league we can afford to squeeze in more forward thinking players. We've all been complaining about 2 holding midfielders under Gio so it would be good to see more attackers on the pitch.

Remember they don't need to all stick to rigid positions. There would be rotation during the match.

for all the reasons I put down earlier in the thread.

With respect mate if anyone thinks beale will play alfredo as a ten or even behind a striker in any way then I would say they need their head looked at:D
He started as a midfielder and he is more suited to that than Roofe or Colak. If Beale is talking about playing the three of them then is it outrageous to suggest he may be thinking of Alfie as a 10?

Wouldn't be my choice, just trying to second guess Beale's comments.

You’re subliminal dig there is on the wrong guy, bud.
I’m forever being criticised for my “the professionals know best” attitude.
Of course “Mr Beale” will know best and there is no doubt that Morelos is a top link up player but that, to me, is a bit different to being a number ten.
Woah, mate, there was no dig there, if it sounds like it, it was definitely not intentional. So apologies if I sounded like I was being an arse.

He started as a midfielder and he is more suited to that than Roofe or Colak. If Beale is talking about playing the three of them then is it outrageous to suggest he may be thinking of Alfie as a 10?

Wouldn't be my choice, just trying to second guess Beale's comments.
Going round in circles here slightly I would say mate.

Thankfully beale is not daft enough to even consider for a second to play morelos as a 10.

Lets hope that he(alfredo) can get his head down, try to get some proper fitness and his hunger back and try to get back into the team as this can only benefit us all.

Alfredo has been my favourite Rangers player of the past 3-4 years however I think his time at Rangers has to come to an end and he will leave in january/more likely the summer....barring a comeback of lazarus proportions that I just dont think he has it in himself anymore to pull it off.

Red Bull Salzburg type 4-4-2 with Roofe and Kent as number 10's and Colak and Morelos up front.

Can't really see how that would work for us since the main idea behind theirs was high energy, workrate and pressing. Having Roofe in that team and, based on this season, Tav on the wing would hinder the system.

Are we trying to go for the slowest forward line ever?

They all have different qualities but they all lack a real burst of pace. You only put all 3 on when you are chasing a game not from the start.
What about a home against teams who sit in? Could maybe work then as we wouldn't be able to use pace to get in behind them anyway

Woah, mate, there was no dig there, if it sounds like it, it was definitely not intentional. So apologies if I sounded like I was being an arse.
It read like it, to me anyway, but don’t fret, if it wasn’t, it’s me to apologise.
If it were, I’m well used to it!
It won’t be the last time.

There are 5 subs. It’s an incredibly important aspect of the current game.

What about 6-7 games in a row.

I think what the poster you were replying to was saying is he's injury prone and is not going to suddenly change. He's finished so let's stop wishing on a once upon a time.

The OP says Beale spoke about having Roofe, Morelos and Colak in the same team. I think we are all trying to work out what the shape of the team would be if he did this.

It's as good a discussion as we are going to get while this pish in Qatar is on.

McGregor
Tav Goldson Davies Borna
Kamara
Lawrence Kent
Morelos
Roofe Colak

Perhaps similar to how Lafferty, Naismith and Jelavic played v Kilmarnock in 2011?
Fucking hell mate, even Ardiles wasn’t that bold at Spurs and he played a 3-2-5

It read like it, to me anyway, but don’t fret, if it wasn’t, it’s me to apologise.
If it were, I’m well used to it!
It won’t be the last time.
Water off a dugs back Tazza :))
Goals win matches, the more goal scorers you have on the better chance you have.
Excited to see the balance Beale is working on

The OP says Beale spoke about having Roofe, Morelos and Colak in the same team. I think we are all trying to work out what the shape of the team would be if he did this.

It's as good a discussion as we are going to get while this pish in Qatar is on.
The part I liked most about your hypothetical X1 was there was none of the over-the-hill gang in midfield selected. Harsh I suppose but there you go.

Obviously injuries are going to hamper the manager from the off but the midfield as we know it has to become a thing of the past and all but phased out by season's end.

Roofe has played 2-3 games in a row several times.
He was also pretty effective when we won the title.

please tell me when the last time he played 2-3 games for us was and the title is history, this harping back to when he done something a long time ago is utterly pointless, he's required to be fit NOW and he never is.

Fucking hell mate, even Ardiles wasn’t that bold at Spurs and he played a 3-2-5

Am just trying to imagine how Beale would fit the three - Morelos, Roofe and Colak - into his team. It was Beale who suggested playing them together according to the OP.

Against SPL dross - maybe worth a try and see what happens.

if you watched Brazil last night they were basically a 424 in possession, maybe MB's thinking at home against weaker sides

Back