Colak - no doubt he's our main striker now

Did more in 15 mins than Morelos did in 75 mins and was very unlucky not to score.

Has to start next week at Ibrox, looking more and more likely that Morelos time with us is approaching the end. Barely any service today but he looked disinterested and showed how not to play the lone striker role.

Colak did well and only a good tackle from Milner and a good save stopped time scoring. 11 goals as well this season, has to play every week now.
Could have told you that from day 1 of the season.
So unlucky not be on the score sheet against Livingston, even though it was legit.

Morelos does not merit any starting line up.
Aftera a two week lay off,he should be much fitter, and bursting a gut!
Not what I saw.

Sign your contract, and then we'll talk.

I so detest how certain players have been given so much power.
'Player Power'.
Goldson, Morelos, and Kent.
Another attribute that makes me dislike Wilson even more.

You can say what you want against Glen, but he signed an extension, and showed loyalty to the club.
As did our captain.
Can you say the same about the other three?

Morelos was totally isolated to be fair first half we only got up a bit more when we stopped playing like rabbits

And this Is the thing. Whether we play Colak or Alfie under Gio in the CL, both are going to be isolated due to our 9 defenders approach to football.

But I'd trust Colak more to Bury chances than I would Alfie at the moment. So Colak needs to start in our all out defence/depress the fans formation next Wednesday for this reason.

I can only surmise Gio wanted to keep players fit for the weekends match thus the absence of subs until too late…Please God we just go for it next week.

There’s nothing that Morelos can do that colak cannot.

The fantasy of Morelos in peoples heads was beating up poor, poor sides like Rapid Vienna and Shkupi. This is a different level.
This is actually hilarious. Leaving out Benfica, Porto, Feyenoord and Dortmund. And then overlooking what Morelos can do that Colak clearly cannot.

And @SmileyBear you don’t even really think about what’s being posted do you? You just see a negative remark about Morelos and give it a like without a second thought. Tragic.

Unlucky not to score? He hammered his best chance straight at the keeper and dithered on the ball trying to tee it up when he should have struck it first time. He also had more support with two wingers whereas Alfie was trying to play hold up o; his own.
If people disliked Colak the way others hate Morelos they could easily push wee theory about Colak not being able to keep his composure against the tougher sides in the bigger games (thinking about the piggery too).

Of course that would be equally as daft as a lot of what’s being said on this thread.

Feel quite sorry for Colak, he will never get the respect he deserves while this debate rages on.

When Colak doesn't show up v Celtic or Ajax he's blamed for not being an outball but when it's Morelos it's because he had no service.

What's quite clear is Colak is scoring goals and nobody else is so while that's the case he should be playing.

Morelos was bounced off the ball all night, he had 2 or 3 nice take downs and touches.

Nobody is saying the score would have been different if we started with the 3 thst finished but eff me at least they gave us some energy and drive albeit near the end of the game, watching Tillman prance about like he was in his back garden was brutal and Kent as wasteful as ever.

It would be good if we could play both together but that doesn't look likely.

Last edited:
Feel quite sorry for Colak, he will never get the respect he deserves while this debate rages on.

When Colak doesn't show up v Celtic or Ajax he's blamed for not being an outball but when it's Morelos it's because he had no service.

What's quite clear is Colak is scoring goals and nobody else is so while that's the case he should be playing.

Morelos was bounced off the ball all night, he had 2 or 3 nice take downs and touches.

Nobody is saying the score would have been different if we started with the 3 thst finished but eff me at least they gave us some energy and drive albeit near the end of the game, watching Tillman prance about like he was in his back garden was brutal and Kent as wasteful as ever.

It would be good if we could play both together but that doesn't look likely.
I’d say that’s fair.

My only issue would be that Morelos is talked up for being able to occupy a defence on his own, so the ‘lack of service’ argument seems convenient given that the whole point of using him is that he shouldn’t NEED as much.

Either way, your top striker is the one scoring. If Colak had been on for an hour before his chance, he puts it away.

A lot of excuses being made for Morelos. He failed to hold onto the ball or link the play when he had the chance and he offered no goal threat either. Colak is our player of the year so far and did better when he came on.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of our management team to find a formation that allows both Alfie and Colak to play together
Just give it a try for 45 mins ,the cup game against Dundee would be ideal .
If doesn't work ,nothing lost but getting our most likely goal scorers on the pitch at the same time is worth the gamble.

Surely it is not beyond the wit of our management team to find a formation that allows both Alfie and Colak to play together
Just give it a try for 45 mins ,the cup game against Dundee would be ideal .
If doesn't work ,nothing lost but getting our most likely goal scorers on the pitch at the same time is worth the gamble.
I'd tend to agree with this. We dont have any wingers on form, nor really a midfield worthy of the name, so why not just go basics and get two goalscorers on the pitch. Fit the rest of the team around it.

Morelos was isolated in that system.

When he did receive it though, he has to hold it up better.
Being isolated doesn't stop you from having work rate and desire too many players are resting on past glories and are lazy on and off the ball.
You still have to put in a shift at the very least.

The team that finished tonight should be out srarting 11 for the return leg,they did more in the last 15 mins than the whole match,we caused Liverpool some problems with our changes
I'd bring in Arfield ahead of Tillman only because he makes things happen and seems to be the only AM we have currently.

A lot of excuses being made for Morelos. He failed to hold onto the ball or link the play when he had the chance and he offered no goal threat either. Colak is our player of the year so far and did better when he came on.
What did he do apart from arse up one brilliant chance and one good chance?

Chances afforded him as a consequence of Liverpool taking their foot off the gas and Kent and Tillman being replaced with players who actually fancied trying to get in behind the defence.

He had more of the ball than both Kent and Tillman, but the “they were rotten” excuse keeps popping up.

Morelos can join both of them in that case.

His ball control was atrocious. You can’t blame any of his teammates for that.

Ball just kept bouncing off him.

I was also really surprised to see how easily the big lesbian just shoved him out the way and swatted him aside multiple times.

It really was not Alfie’s finest night and his team mates can’t be blamed for the issues I’ve raised here.

Did more in 15 mins than Morelos did in 75 mins and was very unlucky not to score.

Has to start next week at Ibrox, looking more and more likely that Morelos time with us is approaching the end. Barely any service today but he looked disinterested and showed how not to play the lone striker role.

Colak did well and only a good tackle from Milner and a good save stopped time scoring. 11 goals as well this season, has to play every week now.
And yet the poll on here most wanted Morelos to start , I wanted Colak and was told I was mad ,

Morelos is the least of our worries right now. Granted he's not at the level he was a couple of seasons ago but he had virtually no service last night. Im more concerned about our slow and ponderous midfield which was non existent last night.

Ball just kept bouncing off him.

I was also really surprised to see how easily the big lesbian just shoved him out the way and swatted him aside multiple times.

It really was not Alfie’s finest night and his team mates can’t be blamed for the issues I’ve raised here.
Alfie is
Not fit
Not interested
Living on former glories.

Noticeable how the narrative has quickly changed to, "Morelos didn't get any service, what did you expect".

Funny, I'm certain we were told he didn't rely on service like Colak did and hence he had to start.

Probably harsh but even if he is isolated. Those chances in the match that he gets to hold the ball up, like he got a few times in the first half, he needs to do a lot better with the touch and pass to his teammates. The level in the champions league means that he needs to be much better than he was tonight.
I suggest you watch the game again.

Or on the flip

He missed a very good chance from 6 yards out and dilly dallied on the ball instead of getting a strike away in another good position

Depends how you want to spin it really

We got a couple of breaks in last 10 because we actually made an effort to get forward properly and Liverpool had taken the foot off the gas, that’s why it appears on the face of it Colak done more when reality is the full team bar King/Goldson/McGregor we’re nowhere near it

Had more around about him than Morelos did.
That was really the difference

We put pace on with sakala and matondo it then pushed their full backs back a little and allowed tav and borna to push up a little more

The issue we have and biggest difference from last year is that we don't really have any pace at the back if we push up we will be punished which then leaves upfront isolated.

Yea we got good money for bassey but davies doesn't have same pace means we can't press our push up.

The other part is like it or not Liverpool are a top side all one touch and quickly moving the ball we we at times were chasing shadows a lot and sitting space of

Could we have been brave answer is yes would it have made a difference not really we would probably have lost by more

This is a step up where every chance has to be taken and every mistake is punished ..... we need to learn from it

Celtic manage to utilise both Kyogo and the Greek. Whereas we like to make excuses as to why both Colak and Alf shouldn’t play. Maybe we should just be grateful that we have options.

If that was Morelos and Kents shop window to flatter potential buyers they fvcked it, 5/10 for the pair of them and that is generous, only Tillman was worse on the night.

Honestly don’t know why we started Morelos.

You reckon Liverpool played with the same focus and intensity in the latter part of the game?
That said, I agree that he should start on Saturday.
This is because he’s our best goalscorer but not our best striker.
I’d still be looking to Morelos against Liverpool next week.

Wouldn’t think or don’t want to?

Before the game his fan club was begging him up because of his movement , strength and ability to bring himself in to the game!!

We witnessed none of that.
I think Morelos was the better option he's the better player imo Colak is a better finisher I'm a fan of both I'd like to see them giving a run together

After having a night to think about the result I do think Gio got the tactics about right. If we had opened up, even just a wee bit, by playing a more attacking team, i truly think that would have given them more space in behind. With that space a fresh Liverpool would have tore us apart. Gio put the attacking players on in the second half against Liv players who had played for an hour was a more even playing field - excuse the pun.

Morelos was run in to the ground. Possibly cost us europa.

Now we have two competent strikers.

I wouldn't be playing one every game. Keep both fresh and hungry.

There is a certain lunacy on this subject.

As long as we win.

Bigger issues are tactics and right wing, keeper on longer term and a better midfield or at least more aggression in what we have.

Well he looked more promising in the last ten minutes than Morelos did in the full game.
You don’t accept it’s a totally different “game” between the first eighty and getting the game won and the last ten when you’ve taken the foot off the gas?
Also, despite what Morelos has done in Europe, you think Colak, who has done precious little in Europe as a better option?
Genuine questions, bud.

Back