Votes: 259 28.0%
  • Morelos

Votes: 666 72.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Galstonian Oranje

Official Ticketer
We've heard all the debate about Colak just being a goalscorer or Alfredo makes us play better, especially in Europe.

It's a helluva call to make Tuesday night.

Our all time leading European goalscorer who makes the team tick on the big stage or our in form penalty box striker who is deadly in front of goal.

Last edited:
Tough one.

Can’t really justify dropping Colak and the big man deserves to start, but it could be quite a lonely task on Tuesday for whoever plays up front and a hard graft at that, which might be more suited to Morelos. However, any shred of a chance you’d put your house on Colak putting it away. Glad I don’t have to choose.

Morelos for me.

Colak is the better finisher and should be 1st pick in the majority of domestic games.

However, this will be a different scenario.

In a game where the opposition will have the majority of possession, Alfredo is the master at holding up play, winning free kicks high up the park and taking the pressure of our defence.

Alfie has to start. Games where we have lots of the ball in forward areas suit the big man, Tuesday is tailor made for Alfredo

I don't think we will get up the park much tbh, Colaks better with half chances and I think that's all we are going to get

I think we’ll go with the back 3 at Anfield so there’s a chance both of them could start, although I think that’s unlikely.

I think you have to stick with Colak tbh but there are good arguments for either guy to start.

We've heard all the debate about Colak just being a goalscorer or Alfredo makes us play better, especially in Europe.

It's a helluva call to make on Wednesday night.

Our all time leading European goalscorer who makes the team tick on the big stage or our inform penalty box striker who is deadly in front of goal.
It’ll be Morelos, just based on physicality. I expect him to play an absolute stormer. It’s the stage he’s built for. You will see 100% effort. Whatever you say about Gio, he has managed Morelos extremely well.

Our all time leading European goalscorer who makes the team tick on the big stage or our in form penalty box striker who is deadly in front of goal.
Whatever call Gio makes I hope he makes it on Tuesday

It’s not about dropping Colak. It’s a tactical change, Colak was like a man down against Celtic, Ajax and Napoli. These are games we need an outball.
I agree with the first part about it being a tactical decision and Morelos offers more against defenders.

I do think though we saw more from Čolak today with build up play and it looks like he’s really blending in with the team.

I’d still put Morelos in against Liverpool though.

Morelos. We won’t have many chances and Alfredo brings others into the game.

Just because you play Alfie doesn't mean Colak has done something wrong. We need different aces in places against different teams.

Tough choice. Morelos will work their defence and give us an out ball. Colak will score if we give him the ball anywhere near the goal

I agree with the first part about it being a tactical decision and Morelos offers more against defenders.

I do think though we saw more from Čolak today with build up play and it looks like he’s really blending in with the team.

I’d still put Morelos in against Liverpool though.
Colaks link up play is actually good when he has players close to him but against Liverpool I think he will be totally isolated. Morelos can deal with that on his own.

If only we could just mix both of their best traits into one player.

Suppose a player like that wouldn’t be at us if that was the case

We will have long spells without the ball and when we do have it we need an out ball and fir it to stick. Colak doesn't do that it has to be Alfie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back