Colak or Morelos v Liverpool

• Colak

Votes: 259 28.0%
  • Morelos

Votes: 666 72.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very harsh to drop Colak after the weekend, but it's a different game against a far different opposition. You need an out ball in European football & Colak doesn't make the ball stick enough for me, especially when we will be under the cosh for periods of the game so I'd stick Alfredo in. He'll relish playing in a game like this & will drag us up the park on his own. I just don't see Colak doing that.

Good problem to have though.

Voted Morelos but would love to see them in the same team totally different styles of play would open up a lot of spaces for movement.

If I'm being realistic, it's likely more suited to Colak.

However, Colak did show vs psv that he can play away in Europe and still play a part. If anything you could argue chances could be limited and if we get one chance in the box all game, I'd rather have Colak on the end of it.

That said, I think Gio will go with Morloes and I'm still fine with that.

Colak is a goalscorer and the best one at the club it's not even up for debate now regarding if and when he plays.
Get the ball into him he can score, his link-up play against Hearts was as good as anyone else in our squad.
Morelos does not have the fitness and energy or the finishing ability Colak does.

Morelos for me.
As good as Colak is at sticking the ball away, he could become isolated up there tomorrow.

Harsh to drop Colak but Morelos can drop deep, take the ball in and hold it which allows time for support to get up to him.
We'll be forced to sit deep for long periods and Colak could become isolated.

As Harsh as it is on Colak, we aren't a charity, we play the team that gives us the best chance of a result and that means Morelos

The way we play in Europe, and away to Celtic, Morelos is central to it, Getting us up the park, winning fouls , occupying 2/3 defenders at a time

Look at our Away performances vs Celtic, USG, Ajax, and even the end of last season and Celtic in Feb, we missed Morelos massively.

As Harsh as it is on Colak, we aren't a charity, we play the team that gives us the best chance of a result and that means Morelos

The way we play in Europe, and away to Celtic, Morelos is central to it, Getting us up the park, winning fouls , occupying 2/3 defenders at a time

Look at our Away performances vs Celtic, USG, Ajax, and even the end of last season and Celtic in Feb, we missed Morelos massively.

Braga & RB Leipzig too.

Both should play with one replacing the other one after 60 minutes
Not sure Alfie is fit enough for 60 minutes at Anfield
Also can see him being suckered into picking up a booking or worse
Liverpool defence will know he’s a hot head

I think Alfie should start at Anfield.

A game that we are likely to be under pressure for most of the match. Alfie can get us up the park and he'll relish the battles with Matip and Van Dijk.

As a curve ball I'd play both and have Alfie play just off Colak, but I don't see Gio doing that.

Really? Two quality finishers who don't offer much outside the box.

Both lack genuine pace and hold up play.

A lot of similar traits.
You are just talking nonsense Colak link-up play is great and has done it a lot in games, You must have not noticed it against Hearts either.
Who's goals got us into the Champions League?
Boyd was a great goalscorer and Colak is going to be the same that doesn't mean as a footballer it's all they have.

You do know slating Colak will not make Morelos a better finisher, he will still have three goals in sixteen games and Colak will still have eleven in fourteen games.

Morelos for me against Liverpool and a rested Colak to start against St Mirren.

Although we would be better with a fast forward to break against Liverpool.

Shouldn't even be a question. Morelos all day long.

Colak will bang in goals in Scotland as he's potent when supplied with chances, but nobody else does what Buff does. Nobody.

Tomorrow we'll likely be pinned back for most of the game and need an out ball. We need the ball to stick upfront, need to win fouls in their final 3rd, and need to rough them up and get in their faces.

The way VVD has stared the season he will already be having nightmares about Morelos.

Colak and Boyd are nothing like each other in terms of how they play. It seems an easy lazy comparison.
Maybe he wasn’t comparing the two directly but instead pointing out that the greatest Rangers manager in my life time made the tough and probably sometimes unpopular call to drop a goal scorer in big games for the good of the team. The theory is the same in this situation not necessarily the attributes.

I personally would go with Morelos tomorrow as he has shown himself to be a real nuisance when asked to put a shift in when playing games we will have far less of the ball.

Maybe he wasn’t comparing the two directly but instead pointing out that the greatest Rangers manager in my life time made the tough and probably sometimes unpopular call to drop a goal scorer in big games for the good of the team. The theory is the same in this situation not necessarily the attributes.

I personally would go with Morelos tomorrow as he has shown himself to be a real nuisance when asked to put a shift in when playing games we will have far less of the ball.
The theory would only be the same if Colak could not score in European games, which is not the case at all as his goals qualified us.
We seem to run into the same posters who constantly try to knock Colak.

First, it was he's the third-choice striker.
Then it was he will be needed to score against the fodder in our league.
Now he cannot link up play.

Do posters not get sick of just talking nonsense as he goes from strength to strength at us.

Alfie suits our style better in Europe but Colak is in red hot form. Who'd be a manager?
Great problem to have, to be honest, I will be happy whoever he picks I favour Colak and can understand why some want Morelos as well.

I just can't understand why some would just talk Colak down as he's been excellent at us.

The theory would only be the same if Colak could not score in European games, which is not the case at all as his goals qualified us.
We seem to run into the same posters who constantly try to knock Colak.

First, it was he's the third-choice striker.
Then it was he will be needed to score against the fodder in our league.
Now he cannot link up play.

Do posters not get sick of just talking nonsense as he goes from strength to strength at us.
It could be the colak can play that role perfectly fine but Morelos can play the siege role a little bit better?

You don’t need to be derogatory to either player to have an opinion on who would offer more in certain games and situations. I think Morelos would be better tomorrow whilst I have championed colak from day one. I like both but think they are different.

It could be the colak can play that role perfectly fine but Morelos can play the siege role a little bit better?

You don’t need to be derogatory to either player to have an opinion on who would offer more in certain games and situations. I think Morelos would be better tomorrow whilst I have championed colak from day one. I like both but think they are different.
See I get that and that's fair enough as we all have differing opinions on players and what they offer.

I reckon Colak will start with Morelos coming on with 25 to go. Morelos would hold the ball up better but Colak deserves to start due to his performances.
It would be madness dropping our in form striker in such a big game, he is on fire.

You are just talking nonsense Colak link-up play is great and has done it a lot in games, You must have not noticed it against Hearts either.
Who's goals got us into the Champions League?
Boyd was a great goalscorer and Colak is going to be the same that doesn't mean as a footballer it's all they have.

You do know slating Colak will not make Morelos a better finisher, he will still have three goals in sixteen games and Colak will still have eleven in fourteen games.

Where have I slated Colak? Are you all there in the scone?

I'm thinking it has to be morelas ,our top scorer in europe plus he can be a good outball, colak is a penalty box striker proven with how much goals he's scoring in spl,I don't think we'll be getting an awful lot of chances in the box if I'm honest but I'd have colak on last 25 see if we can nick one.

Defo Morelos to start. We really need someone to keep the ball up the park. Colak can do it but not as effective as Morelos.

Its not either/ or. It's which order do you use them.

I'd start Alfie, wear them down and let Antonio steal the glory with the late winner.

It has to be Morelos.

Certain players and playing styles are more suited to certain types of games and in this case, Morelos is going to be the more effective option.

Colak has been arguably one of our best players this season but if he starts, it's very likely going to be a similar game for him to Ajax where he gets about 7 or 8 touches of the ball the whole game.

Colak seems to be doing some of the Champions League promo today which makes me think he might start however.

No better time to play Liverpool!

They are weak in both left and right back positions at the moment,
and well down in confidence
I'd play them both ...... We need Alfie to run at them to rumble them up!

Liverpool should have been four down at half time at the weekend?
Every time Brighton went forward they looked like scoring.
The 3-3 score line did not reflect the chances in the game for Brighton.

Come on the Gers.

You are slating the way he plays which is completely untrue then for a weird reason that only you know is you compare him to Boyd and then compare Morelos to Kenny Miller.

Are you new to football?

Listing weaknesses in a player isn't ''slating the way he plays'', it's simply stating facts. Like saying Kent's finishing and goalscoring record is poor, saying that doesn't mean you think he's sh*te or ''slating the way he plays''. It's called constructive criticism.

And the comparison between Morelos and Miller was the fact both of them excel at leading the line by themselves, in games where their respective teams might not have a lot of the ball.

You need to take a chill pill and calm down. It's a forum for debate.

Morelos as his movement and hold up play is better. Also brings physicality and the ability to draw defenders out of position along with ruffling them up.

I doubt we'll see much possession tomorrow night. Any balls up top have to stick.

Listing weaknesses in a player isn't ''slating the way he plays'', it's simply stating facts. Like saying Kent's finishing and goalscoring record is poor, saying that doesn't mean you think he's sh*te or ''slating the way he plays''. It's called constructive criticism.

And the comparison between Morelos and Miller was the fact both of them excel at leading the line by themselves, in games where their respective teams might not have a lot of the ball.

You need to take a chill pill and calm down. It's a forum for debate.
It only is a fact if it was true and, to be honest, it's another stick to beat Colak who has proven himself in Europe and in the league.
Morelos seems to get better the less he plays like most players.

I'm perfectly calm and only stating what's true.

We will get one or two chances the whole match. Colak is much more likely to score them. That said I’d go with both of them and have a go. Sack doing there to sit back and get pumped. Give them something to think about

Ive gone for Alfie, though I have my reservations leaving out our current top scorer.

Hopefully the manager makes the correct call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back