Colak

Colak is clinical he will start all the games the manager signed him because we were not clinical enough in front of goals.
He looks a bit special.
His game isn’t about running the channels it’s about being in the box and if you give him a half change there’s a good chance it’s going in the back of the net.

A like colak on this form morelos will have a hard time tryin to win back a place in the team the big man’s on fire and has definelty hit the ground runnin how he only scored 3 goals for paok I will never know

A like colak on this form morelos will have a hard time tryin to win back a place in the team the big man’s on fire and has definelty hit the ground runnin how he only scored 3 goals for paok I will never know
That's what makes a good team players having to fight for their position you only have to look at Barisics return to form.

One day fans will learn not to make snap judgments on players after 2 games (probably not).

I really like the big man. It feels like every time we give him a chance in the box he'll put it away, and his work rate is superb as plenty of people discussed on here during preseason.
There is too much emotion involved to be rational when we are playing bad

One day fans will learn not to make snap judgments on players after 2 games (probably not).

I really like the big man. It feels like every time we give him a chance in the box he'll put it away, and his work rate is superb as plenty of people discussed on here during preseason.

I do wonder who will get the nod between him and a fully fit alfie.

Both in the same team isnt going to happen under gio.

Colak should start in games where we’ll dominate the ball and will likely spend a lot of time around the opposition box. Morelos should start when we we’ll have to work harder to create chances.

Morelos does a lot that Colak can’t do but I’d be starting Colak more often. He’s more clinical. In saying all that though I’d love nothing more than a fully fit Morelos for the 2nd leg. He’s a different beast in Europe.

Genuine competition should hopefully bring out the best in Morelos.

Colak should start in games where we’ll dominate the ball and will likely spend a lot of time around the opposition box. Morelos should start when we we’ll have to work harder to create chances.

Morelos does a lot that Colak can’t do but I’d be starting Colak more often. He’s more clinical. In saying all that though I’d love nothing more than a fully fit Morelos for the 2nd leg. He’s a different beast in Europe.

Genuine competition should hopefully bring out the best in Morelos.
The work rate from Colak against PSV was excellent it was one of his best games as he never gave their backline a minute.
Competition is always good and healthy for a team I actually wish Connor Goldson had a wee bit more competition.

A cult hero in the making! 4 goals in 5 games if thats correct? He also scored against Tottenham as well if not including competitive games..

Your post is ridiculous, calling him out as a terrible signing is embarrassing after 2 games
One that he actually scored in which got wrongly ruled out for offside too lol mental how some people judge to quickly mate guys gonna be a really good signing

The work rate from Colak against PSV was excellent it was one of his best games as he never gave their backline a minute.
Competition is always good and healthy for a team I actually wish Connor Goldson had a wee bit more competition.

I agree, and it wasn’t a slight on Colak’s work rate but Morelos’ physicality is a nightmare for defenders and something most struggle with.

he's a better/smarter finisher than alfie, notice all his goals so far are not power finishes, but placements, just out the keepers reach, even that header against USG, he had the wit to head it the oppostie side of the keeper, where as I've seen lots of similar situations, the player would just head it stright to the keeper, if he can make the ball stick to him more, then that would be even better for the team as a whole

IMHO, it should not be between Colak or Morelos, but Colak AND Morelos. Not least if our supportive wing-attackers don`t whip in with enough goals. We have the people now, so send Kent et al to the left wing, Matondo to the right, and let Colak and Morelos do the magic in the middle. Right now we are playing like "either Hateley or McCoist" and how well would that have worked back in the day? Scottish football is about thwarting us, and for years we play "modern football" and straight into their hands. MW didn`t see though that, SG didn`t and far too often Gio follows that route. Spare the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 for the games where the opposition wants to play too!

I called him out weeks ago and was lynched by the FF Klopps.

Even Danger Zone tagged me cause he scored in a friendly against Spurs.

Now FF is gaslighting with him.

He's rank rotten and anyone clued up spotted this weeks ago.

John Knox's Trumpet - Last seen today at 4:41pm, though hasn't bothered to revisit this thread to defend his ridiculous opinion. Funny that.

How am I being sly? He done nothing, not a thing.
I was never a like of Boyd. Why,? Cause IMO he was a lazy bastard. I don't give a toss about what he done. He scored a goal, is that not what a striker is there for. I like my strikers too be strikers not midfielders. Our problem is and had been for a long time now, the service we provide to strikers. Boyd was loved cause he was fed balls and scored. They guy is scoring what more do you want from your striker? I'm honestly at a loss with this thread

No they won't, the new angle is moaning at the 'millions that didn't start' last night.

I think the only way Alfie starts on Wednesday is if Colak is injured or he completely bottles it on Saturday, if he even plays. Alfie might start on Saturday with Colak coming on late, or not at all.

I think Gio will know that he has to give Alfie a start to keep his wee scowl in check.
I don't think Morelos starting against PSV will have any bearing on Colak to be honest. Alfredo's style is far more suited to being the lone striker away from home in European games than that of Colak's, who's more of a penalty box striker.

Morelos will be a target to hit and is more capable of holding the ball up to get us up the pitch and bringing others into play. He's also good at winning free kicks as the target man.

Like I said, i'll be surprised if Gio's plans for that game do not involve Alfredo Morelos starting.

I wasn’t impressed at all with him the first few games but you really can see him learning to okay in this team and, probably more importantly, the team learning to play to him.

I’d still rather a fit Bufalo plays in Eindhoven but not sure that’s possible.

I’m delighted that he has made such a good start and I’m even happier that it appears we now have someone who can take the load from Alfie. Itten didn’t cut it sadly and Roofe is great but isn’t reliable. Colak is looking like the real deal and could well be spoken off alongside Prso and Jelavic.

One thing I’ve noticed in his interviews is he mentions goals as a 1 touch finish or a 2 touch finish.

He’s a natural finisher.

I love Alfie and I love what he brings to the team but he’s had a major injury and without Colak he’d have been rushed back.

It’s also good to have something different to lighten the load throughout the season.

A team like ours should create a lot of chances in most league game so a penalty box striker should be getting 20+ goals.

No-one is disputing Colak had a poor game in the first European tie but so did everyone else. We turned it round so no harm done.

If we can get through next week with that goal he scored on Tuesday May well have already paid back his transfer fee.

Last edited:
There is too much emotion involved to be rational when we are playing bad
We don't even have to be playing that poorly for the usual, tiresome lunatic takes to start. If you're so emotionally invested in a football match that you lose all ability to be objective about what you're seeing then that isn't healthy.

We don't even have to be playing that poorly for the usual, tiresome lunatic takes to start. If you're so emotionally invested in a football match that you lose all ability to be objective about what you're seeing then that isn't healthy.
The first USG game was terrible with what's at stake people are going to get emotional personally I get a lot more annoyed watching on tv than at the game

The first USG game was terrible with what's at stake people are going to get emotional personally I get a lot more annoyed watching on tv than at the game
I completely get that but I still don't think that gives people an excuse for some of the more idiotic takes.

Back