Colin Stein and 1975

mdingwall

Administrator
Rb6STPR.jpg

One of the best headed goals ive seen. Big Colin had neck muscles like a bull and he fair powered that one into the net

Reactions: o7o
What a day that was. Must have been over 30,000 Bears in Easter Road, there was a shuttle service of football specials running through from Queen Street.

Below the photo mentions when Stein scored 4 against Cyprus. Should have 5. 7-0 to Scotland with 15 mins to go and gemmell refused to let him take the penalty.

That was the last game I ever took drink in to a game. A bottle of Pomagne in anticipation of the league title, couldnt afford Champers on a student grant :))
They were starting to stop it that season and the full ban came in the following one IIRC.

Same as a lot of previous posters. I was present when we won the league cup in 1970 but first time I'd seen us clinch the championship.
Remember, that was the first time we'd won the league in 11 years!!!

Same as a lot of previous posters. I was present when we won the league cup in 1970 but first time I'd seen us clinch the championship.

Remember, that was the first time we'd won the league in 11 years!!!

Same as you Bro, both unforgettable days, with some unforgettable days, in between.

My hero! All time favourite player. Would have chased an empty crisp poke if he thought he would catch it! Brave, strong, wholehearted and deceptively skilful. Was at Easter Road that day with my old man, granda and uncle. One of my all time favourite days.

Feared the worst when Sandy Jardine hit the post with a penalty. All worked out fine in the end though, what a celebration that was. Maybe memory playing tricks here, but did we play without John Greig that day due to injury, then he came on in the last couple of minutes?

Was at the game stein had actually had a stinker i turned to my mates and said he would score which he duly did.

Feared the worst when Sandy Jardine hit the post with a penalty. All worked out fine in the end though, what a celebration that was. Maybe memory playing tricks here, but did we play without John Greig that day due to injury, then he came on in the last couple of minutes?
Yes mate, we did - and he did.

I was there, in the Hibs end behind the goal, only place we could get in, along with my da, and half of springburn, no shit was taken, a right few slaps were handed out, rangers fans in the 70s, took no shit from spoon burners, an honourable mention to the 2 eintracht Frankfurt fans, 6 foot 5 inches, who came to support the rangers, and ended up staying in springburn for a week, gentlemen, both of them, and handed out a few slaps to the spoon burners.those were the days my friend.

I missed all of our title clinching days in the 70's owing to my modest playing career, whereby when we won it at Pittodrie in 1987, I was an ancient 30 year old. I'll wager 55 will see thousands losing their title virginity. B-)

Back