Colin Stein

Broke into song when he came on "Colin Colin Colin Stein the greatest centre you've ever seen"

Got some funny looks from the kids around me. Would it have been too much of a stretch for the media team to have put a montage of his goals on the big screens for the benefit of younger Bears?

Barcelona 72 and Easter rd 75 are some of the most iconic moments in our history.

Bring Colin back for another half-time draw and put his glorious goals up for all to see.
Totally agree with you a alltime great anyone else still have the rangers Xcard with Colin in front the Scottish record 100000 signing

He was asked about the European final he played in and commented something along the lines of “I got one Willie Johnston two”

I’ve told the story before on here but that day when we won the league, I was eleven and had devised a plan with a pal of mine to get to that game. It was complicated by the fact neither of us had a penny to our names.

I told my mum I was “ going out to play” about ten o’clock that Saturday morning. My pal and I skipped on the bus from Castlemilk into town. Skipped on the train from Queen Street. Got to the ground and both of us got “ lifties”. It was packed on the terracing that day and as I mentioned earlier it was my first away game. Absolute bedlam when Mr Stein scored with that header.

Skipped on the train back to Glasgow and on the bus back home. Got home must have been around seven. My mother opened the door and the first thing out of her mouth was “ you were at that game weren’t you”. Got a rollicking and an ear clipping and all was well again. Fantastic adventure.

Brilliant stuff mate :)):))

That is still my favourite headed goal. If you watch closely the power he gets out of his neck muscles is incredible. The Gers fan went mental went it went in.

Happy days!

I was right behind that goal when Stein scored. The memory of the fans pouring out that end after the game will live with me for ever.

I met Colin Stein and Willie Johnstone in Bar 72 and Colin Stein gave me and Willie J a run to Linlithgow then me and Willie J got the train onwards I was off on holiday to Edinburgh airport. He had a staunch blue fiesta. sharing old story’s off the good old days amazing and true gent.

Back