Colin West memories

If memory serves, when I was in the Army, me and a mate drove to Koblenz to see Rangers play Cologne in a pre-season friendly. After the game we ended up on the Rangers team bus as the players were getting on and Colin West was chatting with us. Really nice guy.

Did he not make his debut in Paul Miller's testimonial down at white hart lane, if my memory serves me right.

He was a very handsome man

Phwooar.

watford-colin-west-355-panini-football-86-rare-trading-sticker-36119-p.jpg

He never looked that great with the ball, although good in the air for the few games he played for us.

My memories are when Souness signed him, I thought “Who?” Unfortunately, I don’t have any memories of him playing (did he get much game time?).

Was at the Northampton game last night v Derby and the assistant manager was sat behind me talking into his microphone. Had a look in the programme and realised it was Colin West. Was going to speak to him at half time but obviously he went to the dressing room.

Think he was Souness’s first signing however no real recollections of any goals. Wayne Rooney was in the club lounge after the game doing lots of pictures with kids etc which was good to see. Waghorn played for Derby second half but never done much,
First player signed by Souness.

I thought he was really poor. Did get injured early, but never good enough to displace Fleck and McCoist

if It wasn’t for the fact he was the first signing he would be as famous the Israel goalkeeper who I can’t remember the name of.

He was on the front of one of the first programmes that I bought myself. Nicky Walker was on the first one I think.

I remember being excited as fck when the Magnificent Bastard joined and was looking forward to all these players signing. Then Colin West was the first signing. I remember being underwhelmed.

Not a bad big player but never really hit it off at Ibrox.

I've got a vague recollection while he was still with us that he was actually called down by the England international squad to join them in their preparations, so that they could practice playing against somebody of his style.

Back