Colombia v Qatar

mkgers

These two are playing tonight in the Copa America.

Have Qatar bought a South American island to play out of?

Is this a longstanding thing? Don't follow international football outwith euros/World Cup but this was surprising.

Makes a mockery of the competition imo.

They often invite teams from other continents...usually been Mexico or the USA in recent times. Never known there to be one from the Middle East.

But yes, it is a joke.

Colombia just awarded a penalty and then VAR rules it out. During which, about 5 Qatari players surround the ref screaming at him.

A horrible country, full of horrible people.

1-0 Colombia

Great header from Zapata but the ball in from Rodriguez was quality.

Big pressure on Argentina next vs Paraguay

Is he a Tim?

I've heard, now don't quote me on this, that he used to listen to their games on the radio when he was a boy. Certainly would explain his antics towards a ref!

Im guessing his first game might've been around early may 99....like i say...don't quote me haha

Watching the Argie game, Messi doesn’t look like he can be fucked.

Definitely makes his GOAT status questionable that he cannot do it on a regular basis for his country.

Watching the Argie game, Messi doesn’t look like he can be fucked.

Definitely makes his GOAT status questionable that he cannot do it on a regular basis for his country.

He’s captained them to 4 major tournament finals and is their all time leading scorer, what’s your definition of regular? It’s only questionable if you don’t really keep up with international football imo.

That being said, his team are a shambles from back to front.

It’s only questionable if you don’t really keep up with international football imo.

I quite clearly keep up with it, so that’s obviously nonsense.

Maradonna properly dragged both club and country to success. Ronaldo played a huge role in winning his country a major trophy, against all odds. Messi has captained his side to 4 second places. No one cares about the perennial runners-up.

He’s an utterly sensational player, and one of the best ever, but his ultimate lack of trophies on the international stage is what stops him being the greatest.

Maradonna properly dragged both club and country to success. Ronaldo played a huge role in winning his country a major trophy, against all odds. Messi has captained his side to 4 second places. No one cares about the perennial runners-up.

He’s an utterly sensational player, and one of the best ever, but his ultimate lack of trophies on the international stage is what stops him being the greatest.

You quite clearly don’t though given your statement was utter nonsense.

They invite teams particularly from Asia and CONCACAF to compete in it. It happens quite regularly in the competition.

Aye, a know. It's fuukin murder havin Australia compete in the Eurovision song contest.

You cannot even spell Maradona.
Embarrassing yourself mate ;-)

Back