Colombian Flag Display For Morelos On The Entire Govan Stand?

I am old school and I love Alfie, however I prefer to hero worship legends who have more than zero trophies With our club. Wonderful player though he is, and will go on to be, I rather suspect he should maybe match Jim Denny’s achievements before we fete him like this.

We desperately need to win some trophies so you youngsters can get some perspective back in your lives!
The money he will bring in will be just as important as any trophy we have won... he’s already a superstar for us so why can’t we celebrate him?

This has become FF’s latest irritating, overused word.

Stick that right up there with “blue pound”, “he’s raw” (applies to literally any player under the age of 25 regardless of how advanced they are), “wage thief” and “there’s a player in there” with phrases typically uttered by fans that have never had an original thought in their lives.

Finnish flag for the family stand for Kamara helping his country to their first ever finals too?

What about a Swedish flag in the Copland?

Northern Irish flag on the main stand for Davis becoming the highest capped player in the UK tonight?

Let’s celebrate the players, together, when we truly have something to celebrate. Starting on the 8th of December.

I don't know if it is over the top or not, but let's be honest, if any player deserves a special bit of praise it is Alfie.
Considering how he has been treated by the press in Scotland and the unfair targeting he has endured by officials primed by that hate-filled press, and yet he has come through it all to lead our team in such a magnificent manner this season, then exactly what is over the top in an expression of gratitude from a support that clearly adores him?
It's most definitely OTT.
Not near as OTT as the racism and shit he's taken from the rest of Scottish football, so I say do 2!
Alfreeeeedo Morelooos!

So we have a player who will smash our transfer record, who has played his arse off to get international recognition, who is probably 80% of why we are where we are. Someone suggests a show of appreciation and it gets the usual FF, “we know fucking better”.

Phuck me.

To be honest the idea of a display comprising of a whole stand is a bit much and does feel a tad “player bigger than the club” but a big individual banner or fans having their own Colombian flags would be brilliant.

I’m all for showing Alfie extra support, just not through an elaborate display on a whole stand. Save that sort of thing for armistice day etc etc

Last edited:
Maybe not. But I quite like the idea of a flag representing each nationality we have.
Scottish, English, NI, Wales, Sweden, Nigeria, Finland, Croatia, Colombia, USA, Albania (maybe not), Canada.

for the wee mans first goal for his country and a welcome back v Hearts at home, can you imagine his beamer if he walked out the tunnel to a display of his flag on the entire Govan stand?

Is this doable? Has been mentioned before several times, the union flag v Inter Milan is up there with the best ive ever seen so this would look incredible
Can you imagine a Celtic player scored His first goal for his country and they done this for it ? Absolute riddy. No thanks.

Back