Colorado Rapids sign Danny Wilson

Pretty Sure David Edgar said that there's a family issue that was a major factor in his decision to move to the U S, and that it will become clear in due course.

As others have said, and for me, a strange move at this point in his career.

Always liked him as an individual and wanted him to do well for us but that’s twice he’s walked out on us now.

Anyway, we are reasonably well covered so all the best to him

We get a few quid then?

Something tells me that Murty likes a left footed CB in that slot.. expect someone to come in.

I won't lose any sleep over the loss of Danny Wilson, but no hard feelings towards him. Good luck to him.

It's a bit of a strange one, I can only assume Danny fancied a lifestyle change for himself and his family. Best of luck to him.

I’ve read on her that his wife is American? Maybe not such a strange move if that is true.

Good luck to him. Don’t have any particular axe to grind with him except I can’t help feeling that he’s never quite fulfilled the promise he had as a lad playing alongside Weir.

Anyway, onwards and upwards

All the best to him, would have liked him to stay but I’m not going to hate him cause he chose to leave. Football is a short career, players come and go, we will always be Rangers, we will always be the ultimate f

Bit of a strange move to make. Good luck to him but not overly bothered by his departure.
I can understand his thinking tbf. Apparently his wife is American so she might want to be closer to her family, I’m sure he’s got a baby/toddler so it’s a decent time to move before he/she starts school, better quality of life out there, possibly more money and on a potentially longer contract. Compare that to staying in this country where he’d probably be a squad player going forward.

Wilson has been a decent servant to the club and I wish him well. That Rangers Observer article on him is an embarrassment.

Glad we got Martin in to go with Alves. Bates and possibly Aidan Wilson will likely benefit from an experienced head talking them through games and losing Wilson is a blow in that way.

If that’s his level of ambition then goodbye Danny, you do not fit the remit required anyway, utterly bizarre move at his age.

Great avatar - wee Jutla before his Burgh days in one of my favourite away tops. Mine appears to have shrunk.....

Wilson is no loss he was arguably one of the weakest defenders I've seen at Rangers. We are better off without him.

Really. Why did he leave the first time? Could it have been money? P.S. well done that you can spell moronic

Rangers wanted rid of him the first time. £2m upfront potentially rising to £5m with add ons for an 18 year old who had barely played was a no brainer considering rangers situation at the time.

Same reason Thomson left the same window.

Good luck to him. No use getting upset nowadays, as we did with Laudrup, when players leave. Hopefully we get a fee.

I can see why we signed Martin now, although I thought it would be Alves out the door.

I can understand his thinking tbf. Apparently his wife is American so she might want to be closer to her family, I’m sure he’s got a baby/toddler so it’s a decent time to move before he/she starts school, better quality of life out there, possibly more money and on a potentially longer contract. Compare that to staying in this country where he’d probably be a squad player going forward.

Wilson has been a decent servant to the club and I wish him well. That Rangers Observer article on him is an embarrassment.
Fair enough, never realised his wife was American

Good luck too Danny great life style over there.

Good move for us also-frees up a wage, and gives us some cash for someone probably going in the summer anyway

One of these almost good enough, but not quite players.
Good luck to him.

As hard as it is for some to get their heads around, a player choosing to leave Rangers for personal reasons should be respected. At the end of the day they are no different from any other worker. He'll be on decent money in a nice part of a country where you need decent money to survive. HIs wife will be near family. Nowt wrong with that IMO.

All the best Danny and thanks for your time at Rangers

This. Easy money for little pressure. The US is a fantastic place to live.

Rapids fans won't see it that way if they are losing goals at the back and struggling in the league.

He's gonnae be up against a better range of players than the sphell.

I think it’s the right decision in letting him go, but I wish him all the best and thank him for his contribution over the years.

Hopefully the rumours are true about us now targeting a left sided centre half.

Great reply?

We made a great profit on Danny first time around. He was captain of Hearts when they won the Championship in a canter beating us and Hibs,

Is it really so hard to just say "good Luck Danny?"

I’d go and look up the page a bit mate :D

Good luck to him,personally thought if he could have maintained the form he had shown in the last 6-8 weeks before the winter break,then he would have become a first choice centre back,and imo a possible captain.Thanks for your efforts,all the best to you and your family.

If he’s moving out there for better money and for a better quality of life for his family then I don’t blame him at all.

All the best to him, hope he does well for the remainder of his career.

If Aberdeen can extract £300k from Norwich for McLean surely to goodness we would get more than that. Colorado clearly don't want to wait until the summer to sign him, so down to them to make a good offer. I'd think at least £500k.

If Aberdeen can extract £300k from Norwich for McLean surely to goodness we would get more than that. Colorado clearly don't want to wait until the summer to sign him, so down to them to make a good offer. I'd think at least £500k.

We're maybe happy with the combined fee and saving on his wages until July.

Or he could have stayed on and continue to show the same level of promise and performance he's given us over the last 6 weeks and force his way into the Scotland team. If the move is for family reasons then fair enough but if it's not then he's got a total lack of ambition.

True, although it looks like his recent good run of form didn't convince the club that he is worth a new deal on the terms he was looking for.

I'm happy to go with that as stronger defenders will be required as we look to progress.

Fair play to him, he’s in a very privileged position and living a comfortable life, it’s not as if he is. Die Hard bluenose so he doesn’t have that motivation to stay with us for that reason. So under the circumstances he has the opportunity to move to the states and not want for anything financially.
Very lucky guy.

Back