Colt Team Question

MrBearightside

Was just feeding on the tears of a Celtic podcast when they brought up a good question

If the main team have a few injuries/suspensions can they use a colt team player? Or would they need to wait until the 'transfer window'?

Are the youths registered to the colt team once they play a game? Or can we call on then whenever we like?

The best thing is this was of particular interest to them as they feel they will have no option but to use youth players next season, so it's a legitimate concern for them.

Last edited:
Was just feeding on the tears of a Celtic podcast when they brought up a good question

If the main team have a few injuries/suspensions can they use a colt team player? Or would they need to wait until the 'transfer window'?

Are the youths registered to the colt team once they play a game? Or can we call on then whenever we like?
Never thought of that, I'd say transfer window rules apply if they are playing in a league part of the pyramid.

Never thought of that, I'd say transfer window rules apply if they are playing in a league part of the pyramid.
Id imagine this would be the case. We already have squad advantage over the rest of the league bar one team. Any more would be unfair.

my question is who is heading up the team and who is in the squad? Is it murty and the under 18s?

The issue is if we have selection issues or a youth plays a blinder and we can't utilise our own talents that we are paying for

They are 'our' players

Even loan players can be recalled in certain situations

But your right, it wouldn't be fair to be able to pluck a player from another team, and the colts are their own team

That's a good question. I would imagine because they are our players, they aren't being loaned out or what ever, we could use them when we wanted. I would imagine something may be in the deal about this sort of thing.

Maybe if the colt teams got into the like 2nd or 3rd division transfer rules apply, but they aren't so can't see it. I'm probably wrong though.

That's a good question. I would imagine because they are our players, they aren't being loaned out or what ever, we could use them when we wanted. I would imagine something may be in the deal about this sort of thing.

Maybe if the colt teams got into the like 2nd or 3rd division transfer rules apply, but they aren't so can't see it. I'm probably wrong though.
I know the colts can't get promoted

So if we took their best player and it resulted in them dropping points for a few games it wouldn't matter

But it would make a difference to the opposition team

Acht, I am sure we will find out in good time

No idea what was eventually agreed with the Lowland League but last I read suggested than movement between the Colts and the First Team could only take place during recognised transfer windows. The proposal was also that the Colts teams would be u20s - with one outfield player plus 1 goalkeeper allowed at u21 level. Given the age limits I'd suggest we will field our u18s in the end. The older guys will be out playing at a higher level. As for who will be in charge, I'd guess McCallum?

Last edited:
I know the colts can't get promoted

So if we took their best player and it resulted in them dropping points for a few games it wouldn't matter

But it would make a difference to the opposition team

Acht, I am sure we will find out in good time
That's true. Like you say, I'm sure we will find out in good time.

Its Definitely a good question. Surprising its from one of them.

We can recall players from development loans, I think, so would imagine this is similar?

The best thing is this was of particular interest to them as they feel they will have no option but to use youth players next season, so it's a legitimate concern for them.

This was tweeted at the time by Stephen Mcgowan about the rules and selection. I'm not sure any of the youngsters that will be chosen to play for the Colts will be near the first team I think it will be the current batch of u18s that are used along with some from u16s.

Back