Colts Apparently Thrown Out Lowland League

Put them in the English league and we’ll take their place when they make it to the Premiership …

Joking but it would be disappointing if this is true and we didn’t have our B team playing against men each week and getting that level of physical development.

Hearts should be told to bolt. If they are included that will be an uneven number of teams so I can see the lowland leagues point.

However, this should be something that is done automatically now, it will eventually benefit the national side as well.

Hearts should be told to bolt. If they are included that will be an uneven number of teams so I can see the lowland leagues point.

However, this should be something that is done automatically now, it will eventually benefit the national side as well.
To be fair, the lowland league basically advertised for more guest clubs to join the set up but it seems the clubs are now pissed off after voting for guest clubs.

Strange situation, but I reckon it’ll be sorted soon - too much money involved.

Not entirely sure why we're getting into bed with Hearts on this one

End of the day, they're the club causing the issue - the Lowland League clubs as far as I could see enjoyed having us around last year

And the fact that we couldn't take a promotion spot from them took away most of the original complaints

To be fair, the lowland league basically advertised for more guest clubs to join the set up but it seems the clubs are now pissed off after voting for guest clubs.

Strange situation, but I reckon it’ll be sorted soon - too much money involved.

Cheers MS, never knew that they had advertised for more, well thats on them then. Probably wanted hibs as well then.

Our football set up is an utter disgrace. A bad joke. Couldn’t run a Menaj and that’s being polite

Nicki agrees

A menage is an informal savings club usually run by a group of women in workplaces and based entirely on trust. The clubs often help women save for holidays or Christmas, with each member putting away a set amount each week. Members' names are put down on a list, with the order decided in a draw

Would prefer we just have a B Team league again rather than have plumbers and sparkies moan about the development of Scotlands best talented youth.

By the looks of it there are not enough teams wanting it to make it viable, though I think that the colts should be in the 4th(3rd) division automatically and allow to progress to the championship and no further.

F*cking shambles. We have football authorities who have no authority at all. Why the f*ck are they being dictated to by a Lowland League?

The SPFL / SFA should make and enforce the rules. Scottish football is such a joke!

F*cking shambles. We have football authorities who have no authority at all. Why the f*ck are they being dictated to by a Lowland League?

The SPFL / SFA should make and enforce the rules. Scottish football is such a joke!
The League decides who plays in it.
The SPFL does not include the Lowland League.

The Lowland League isn't part of the SPFL and the SFA don't run leagues

They don't want an odd number of teams, they obviously expected Hibs too, didn't get them, and now the whole thing is fucked

By the looks of it there are not enough teams wanting it to make it viable, though I think that the colts should be in the 4th(3rd) division automatically and allow to progress to the championship and no further.
That would be a better option similar to a few top European leagues. Mental idea eh? Wanting the best for the most promising youth.

That would be a better option similar to a few top European leagues. Mental idea eh? Wanting the best for the most promising youth.
The SPFL and more importantly the clubs themselves will never wear it though.
It was hard enough getting the Lowland to agree to it in the 1st place.

Surely it would cost us less than £120k a year to just take over a team like Stirling Albion and fill them with loans from our youths? They'd be playing at a higher level and we'd benefit from their success too.

Probably just trying to get more money. No idea about Hearts, but I am sure both Old Firm clubs can afford to pay a lot more than the £25k we paid last year and these clubs know it.

To be honest, this shouldn't even be an issue for the Lowland League. The SPFL need to man the f**k up and put the top colts sides into the lowest senior league and get some crowds and money in there through our participation.

I don't believe for a second that you wouldn't get locals along to visit their club when there's a chance to turn over any Gers or Hearts or filth team. And we know our fans would turn up to see the next Lowry or King or Devine when we can't see the senior team.

If the SPFL knew how to manage the leagues at all, this would be first thing on their agenda this summer, after sorting out their sponsorship deals.

Really interesting that Hearts applied - finished 3rd in the SPFL (13 points ahead of 4th), got to the Cup Final, playing in European Group Stages next season. They could firmly establish themselves as the 3rd club in Scotland if Hibs, Aberdeen, Dundee Utd etc don't watch out.

Any truth in it?

I can't see ourselves and that lot being so determined for Hearts to be included. Can you?

Shouldn't have been allowed last season, and shouldn't be allowed next season if it's run the same way.

Obviously there's no promotion for us or the tinks, so let's say that it's late-January and there's two serious contenders to go up.

What if Rangers B are away to Contender A (let's call them Lokomotiv Inverkip) on the 22nd of January, and home to Contender B (they can be Partizan Peebles) on the 29th.

And let's say that the Rangers first-team is drawn to play a home 4th-Round Scottish Cup tie against Highland League side (I'll go with Ullapool Welders) on January 23rd.

You're looking at one Lowland League contender getting a freebie one week, with a minimum of two-thirds of the B team either starting or coming on as subs in the Scottish Cup, followed by the promotion rivals getting a doing the following Saturday.

It's a great idea for the youths to be playing against older opposition but:
1) First-team involvement in cup ties damages the fairness of the league
2) 75% of the league is utter keech
3) Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Hibs & Aberdeen should have sides involved on a competitive basis, with the basement being Highland/Lowland, and the top tier being the Championship

Is that how it works in Spain?

I hope they get something sorted. The impact it’s had on the youngsters has been tremendous

It’s a sad indictment of the game up here though that we’ve got to fight to give the best talent a worthwhile platform to develop

Surely it would cost us less than £120k a year to just take over a team like Stirling Albion and fill them with loans from our youths? They'd be playing at a higher level and we'd benefit from their success too.
I think a club is only allowed something like four loan players.
Im not sure if this is in the team, on the park or in the squad.
Doubt it’s the latter as I’m sure we’ve had more than four on loan players in our squad in a time gone by.

I think Spain is the third tier that is the ceiling. Even that I would take.
Are they still allowed to participate in the cup?
I remember Real Madrid’s b team, Castillo I think they were called, playing West Ham in the old ECWC a number of years back.

I remember Real Madrid’s b team, Castillo I think they were called, playing West Ham in the old ECWC a number of years back.
Good question, I’m not sure. I’ve certainly not seen them and with some of the quality players coming you you’d have thought they’d have made a later stages at some point so I’m guessing not.

Good question, I’m not sure. I’ve certainly not seen them and with some of the quality players coming you you’d have thought they’d have made a later stages at some point so I’m guessing not.
Good guess! :)) They stopped the reserve teams in the cup over 20 years ago, maybe more.

The English and Scottish leagues are unusual that the second strings are not in the pyramid, almost every other major league in Europe has them.

The B teams were in the 2nd-tier not all that long ago.

Ibiza are in the 2nd-tier. Can you imagine they qualified via their domestic cup and we were drawn against them in the Europa groups?

We'd be playing a Boxing Day fixture at Ibrox and half the crowd would be scratching da funk out of their baws the entire first half, then using the same unwashed hands to get stuck into a pie that was only slightly less unhealthy and leaving the Ibrox toilets even more of a health hazard than the regular "20 Beagle" state.

Back